Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:55 am

"Thank ye, a room fer the night sounds lovely. We'll make our way t' the Creekside."
Got it, thank you

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:02 pm

dropping some coins in the vendor's hand, Sarius rubs his days old beard, "A stop in to see a barber may be a good idea. As to healing, we came into town in good shape, this," he tips the bottle slightly, "is simply a precaution against anything we might run into later."

The anti-toxin is slipped into the well made backpack, and the wizard turns to the other, "Anything else?"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Feeling the effects of alcohol for the first time in her life, Cintria can't help but to feel giddy and bubbly inside, the booze working its magic and taking the edge off from the nervousness that she was feeling from stepping into the town and being surrounded by so many people. She brazes herself on Rusilka's shoulder to steady her steps and laughs a bit as she stumbles through the street, when presented with the question about other purchases, her brow wrinkles as she thinks about she would need. Her face lighting up as the idea comes to her. "Survival kit, maybe?"

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am

The dragon shakes her head. "Sorry, Audranhi. Not much in the ways of specifics besides just concern about their general safety. These bandits aren't a big threat to ME, but I suppose to scholars who aren't also mages, these bandits can be scary."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:00 am

Possum peels off once the trio he was guiding get to the Circle Market, hawking his alcoholic punch to the crowd. He gives them a friendly wave, as other townsfolk begin crowding around with coins in hand. Cintria is full of liquid courage, her social anxiety being drowned by the pleasant buzz of Possum Punch. It's a small town, this isn't like a hectic city market, so there's plenty of room to walk around and see the various vendors. Most stand around taking the opportunity to do some weekly gossip, with others clearly on errands as they hit up different temporary stalls.

The Creekside looks reputable, as Possum described it as. A number of tables are set up outside to enjoy the afternoon sun. Sarius is well-traveled and has seen dozens of inns like this, and most of the crowd just kind of blend together ... except for one table in particular. First of all, on a stool is a freaking tiny silvery dragon. Dragon-ling, whatever. Miniature dragon? Exact terminology to-be-determined, it is holding a conversation with a strikingly beautiful human woman and a petite half-elf. The half-elf seems to be the center of the conversation, as the other two are facing intently towards her.

Their conversation comes into hearing range midsentence. "-Resplendence would likely welcome a fellow scholar, Myri. Although they have been more insular of late, I haven't heard they've stopped trying to recruit more into their order." She shrugs. Looking over towards the dragon, she continues. "The bandits and highwaymen are used to peasants who at most have a hatchet or a knife, for utility not weaponry, people who just want to get on with their day. Handling a dragon ... definitely not what they're hoping for in a potential victim."

"To be honest, I've been hoping to find people like you, interested in getting involved with the community, who have a fresh view of things. Try to root out problems and the like. I'm not the Port-Governor, just a cemetery-keeper, so I can't exactly promise you glory and riches." She shrugs, her shoulders slumping back to their normal posture, despite her attempt at being gregarious. "I reached out to you because of something that happened last week, when a group of the Thessalonian scholars got accosted by some of the local roughs. Things ... went weird, and I'm hoping you might be able to look into it."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:29 pm

Rusilka burps and openly stares. "Sarius? Izzat a dragon?"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Stopping, Sarius looks over. "It would seem so. Silver, that's strange," his ears perk up at the mention of scholars. "Perhaps we should offer our help, unless you two have other plans, Thessalonian scholars might be able a good resource."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:28 pm

"Ay, they might at that. Ah'm a lettle hazy, but Ah heard tell in Korvosa 'bout these Thassilonians."

She walks straight toward the table. The folks gathered at the table see a rosy redheaded dwarf make a beeline for their table and place a hand possessively on the lip of the high stool.

"'Scuse me. Did Ah hear ye say somethin' about a job?" She continues to gawk openly at the perched dragonling while she addresses the rail-thin elf.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Cintria sets her drunken eyes on the tiny dragon, overcomed by joy she smiles and blurts out "puppy!" Before running towards the dragon and tries to hug it.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:16 am

The petite half-elf looks alarmed at the sudden greeting, a quick invocation coming to her lips and a hand going to the scarf wrapped around her neck, grasping something hidden in the folds. Her eyes glow a brilliant white, and she looks ready to fight for her life.

A few tense moments later she lets out a shaky breath, her hand lowering to the table and her eyes returning to normal. Her shoulders tremble, but she manages to gestures the dwarf and her company over. "Apologies strangers, I am not myself. There has been distressful violence recently, and I over-reacted." She calls over the innkeeper, asking for more chairs and drinks. "I was just talking about an attack on our local scholars by local toughs a week ago, which left a number of distressingly dead people in its wake, some of which could not be identified after the fact, and I need help looking into it."
... hopefully that Cleric there somehow is hiding a Regeneration spell somewhere, for those missing limbs Cintria is about to have. :D

Myrisstra - passed a Spellcraft check. Audrahni just cast 'Aura Sight', it's basically a more powerful version of Detect Evil/Good/etc.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."