MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:22 pm

"Let's get back to the Ark," Kwine pops in, seeing the situation get testy and not wanting the two biggest members in their party start fighting. "We have food, the location of the old market, and a hunting ground. We can have this argument in safety just as easily as in the wilderness."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:33 am

"Whatever!" Arkod barks, shaking his head at Mart and Kwine.

You make the short trek across the broken grassland and as you crest a small rise in the land, you see the familiar, reassuring outline of the Ark in the distance.

As you draw closer, you see the gates of the Ark slowly open up and a crowd has gathered in expectation of your return. Dozens of people, their grimy faces anxious to hear your tales waiting for you as you approach. You recognise the likes of Flinn, Durnen and Dissi as well as the chronicler Em among the crowd. You can hear their excited chatter, a steady rumble of questions and guesses as to what you might have discovered.

Also among the gathered throng are the bosses, Sonya and Nazin, watching with a mix of interest and expectation on their faces too. A brief flicker of concern crosses Sonya's face as she sees signs of injury on some of you and Nazin simply stares dispassionately at all of you as you get closer to the great door of the Ark.

"Well?" Boss Nazin says, his four arms folded across his chest. "What have you to report?" He looks first at Arkod, but meets the eyes of the others too as the people start to crowd around the returning expedition.

So, answer as you wish, but I'm off on vacation for a while now, so my reply will be after I return.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:21 pm

The slave barely looks around, but he catches Em at the edge of his tunnel vision. Still sullen, he answers first. "Meat for the Ark." He gives one of the sacks a shake. "A hunting ground. The Old World ruins had naught but boring trinkets and monsters," he adds, implicitly disparaging the idea of exploring the supermarket as worthless to begin with.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:14 pm

As the group approaches the Ark, Kwine briefly whispers to Danny, "Remember what I said about getting the scribbles to the Chroniclers. I'll try to run cover for you with Sonya if I can." With that the gearhead tries to move out in front of the Stalker, hoping to draw attention towards him so that Danny can move unimpeded.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:09 pm

Danny takes the hint from his buddy, and tries to leave Em and Kwine to deal with the aggressive debriefing, so he can make his way to the Vault to hand over the possible cultural treasures for study and archiving.
Attempted a Sneak check, got 1 Success.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:49 am

Danny drifts around the gathered crowd, skirting the ramshackle buildings until he nears the Dawn Vault.

Two cloaked figures guard the large metal door to the Vault, in their hands, wicked looking spears crafted from ancient scrap. These Chroniclers of the Dawn Vault have chosen to keep to the Elder's vision, to preserve the past and learn from it for the benefit of the People of the Ark.

They step forward, barring Danny's way "What is your business here?" They demand.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:39 pm

The Stalker approaches the Chroniclers, hoisting his pack. "Danny, just returning from a mission outside of the Ark. Found a few artifacts that I think the Vault would be interested in studying." He looks proud as a peacock.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."