Counterspell!

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Counterspell!

Post by Deadman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Gronk reaches out to Crepeticia, the last thing he sees is her in Grubitus' arms as they shimmer out of this dimension.

"Shiny...lady..." Gronk dies.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Less than 24hours later sipping a limed gin and tonic on a chaise lounge overlooking blue Cancuun waters Crepeticia feels she has forgotten something. She steps back into the luxury Tiki suite and looks around the room. She can't remember. Stopping before the mirror she looks at her reflection and the empty feeling of loss cracks within her. Deeply unsettled she avoids mirrors for the rest of her mostly happy life. This is apparant occasionally throughout the years when she attempts to put on eyemakeup - and her hair is never as neatly groomed again.
I have hired a new mage and I think he starts work on Monday!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:45 pm

A day earlier, Neutraldictian watches in shock as his trusted lieutenant perishes. "Gronk! I feel a reasonable but not extreme level of sorrow over your passing. Your death will not be forgotten."

He claps his hands and a yawning portal opens to his castle in the shadow lands. Black funeral attire appears on everyone in the arena, Psyche, Dastardly, even the sleeping Olimus. A troop of four orc pallbearers march out from the portal and lay Gronk upon a flower covered bier. They're followed by a legion of skeleton warriors, the soldiers Gronk commanded, that stand in neat regiments. The shining forms of the benevolent deities that oversee paladins faintly appear, and a soft white light passes over the fallen orc. His wounds are closed, and his corpse takes on a peaceful appearance.

The orc pallbearers lift the bier and carry Gronk slowly to a massive canon that has sprouted out of the ground in the exact center of the field. Neutraldictian puts a set of bagpipes to his lips and begins to loudly play "Amazing Grace". The skeleton warriors salute as he's carried past, and the crowd sings the lyrics to the Irish song, tears streaming down their faces.

Gronk is hoisted into the canon, and then Neutraldictian summons a twenty-lightning bolt salute. On the last lightning bolt the canon fires, launching Gronk into space. The stars in the direction he was launched rearrange, ruining the constellation of Phodor the Lemur, and spell out the message "HERE FLOATS GRONK"

There's not a dry eye in the house. The funeral over, the orcs return through the portal to mourn, and the skeleton army attacks the remaining wizards.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:55 pm

The funeral for Gronk over, J. Albert Dastardly has two threats to deal with - the Ginormous Avatar of Justice that Neutraldictian created, and the Skeleton horde he just summoned from the lands of the dead...stuff. Luckily for J. Albert Dastardly, however, Justice is Blind, and the Avatar of Justice is unlikely to hear anything other than the mass clattering of boney stompings that has just started to occur.

"Abominations against the Natural Ordinances Against Somnambuslism And Littering!" the Avatar of Law roars, "Taste Gavel-Flavored Justice!" The Avatar then procees to whomp the living crap out of the skeletons nearby.

As a good-sized pile of chipped and shattered bones starts piling up, the Mustachioed Mage starts waving his arms and weaving a powerful Necromantic enchantment! With each wave of his wand, the bones flying into the air and accumulating into the shape of a great and mighty creature from the Plane of Bad Spelling, known only as the Bonerdagon! finally complete, the unfortunately-spelled creature roars in rage at its own existence and hurls itself at the avatar of law.

J. Albert Dastardly ponders the situation at hand. "Both seem to be evenly matched in battle. They could very well be at it all day, parchance. Unfortunately for you, my bland enemy, the Bonerdagon will incorporate the bones of the necrotic nitwits you have summoned, even as they are crushed by the conflict our two avatars are locked within! Also, Nya-Ha!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm

"You think that time is on your side, but I think you'll find that it favors me!" says Neutraldictian. "Let's jump ahead and see, why don't we?" He snaps his fingers and all the wizards in the arena are sent four hours into the future.

The night is over and the sun has just risen above the horizon, still hidden behind the arena wall but illuminating the sky overhead bright yellow. Many of the crowd are asleep, and some have gone home rather than watch the Bonerdagon and Law Avatar bash each other endlessly. There are a few new faces in the stands also. Clearly some people went outside and scalped their tickets.

As J. Albert Dastardly predicted the skeletons have all been destroyed and absorbed into the Bonerdagon. It is incredibly huge and more powerful than before, now outclassing the angel. The law elemental is badly bruised, his wings are ruffled, and his gavel is cracked. Neutraldictian's champion clearly can't hold out for much longer.

Suddenly the Bonerdagon stiffens and yelps a creak of pain. It falls over on one side, completely incapacitated and slowly rocks back and forth in agony.

"If you'll remember, " gloats Neutraldictian, "a Bonderdagon lasting longer than four hours is a serious medical condition. You should consult your doctor if this occurs."

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Dirken Hottotrot aka The "Trot" peels into the ring in his mint cherry onyx 1982 firebird. Dirken steps out of the drivers side door and appears to be... striking a pose. He winds his fingers through his chestnut curls and says in a manly voice "I don't see a green room in here, and why is everyone in black?"

He surveys the ring pausing at the Bonerdragon ("had one of those once - Ouch!") moving past the thin Victorian mage, eyes the Semi-neutraldictian, until he settles on Psyche.

"Psyche!" he calls to the impertinant fairy hovering over the ring. "Psyche you wretch, I know it was you!", he calls up ...
"Tycos"! he commands and several suction cupped arrows fly directly at her.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 am

J. Albert Dastardly sniffs dismissively at the fallen bonerdagon in the center of the arena. "A shame. Ah well, it should be awake and ready in a few hours," he says as he zorches the now-wounded Avatar of Justice into oblivion with a simple Chaos Blast. "I'll save this one for later, perchance." Another wave of his wand, and the Adamant Abjurer portals away the fallen creature to Someplace. He then levels his wand at Neutraldictian with a flourish: "Now, shall we get on with it?"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 am

"Yes, my vaudevillean foe, let us start working towards my victory. Together, we can make me win."

'Dictian adjusts his black bow tie and examines his fingernails. Then in a display of utter lack of imagination he hurls a fireball at Dastardly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:48 pm

"Would you like to touchmy weasel?"

*Poof*

The arrival of Dimble Hamfast Penderbolt-Glamourtoes, the Gnomish Hero from the Equinox 3.5 game steps out of the shadows in the corner of the ring. The little fellow is a fairly typical looking gnome, dressed in earthy tone tunic and britches, but with a nice bright yellow hat on his head. He wears a pair of very stylish green boots with magic stars and moons on them. He is known in his lands as a Spellthief, a sort of roguish illusionist that can siphon off magical power from other spell casters and then use it for his own purposes. He also enjoys dwarf pies, anything cooked with turnips in it, and has an embrassing tattoo that says "Mother" in a place he would rather not talk about.

On his arrival he shouts his infamous words uttered to a High Priest in Tushan, "Would you like to touch my Weasel?" At that very moment, *POP*, over his shoulder a large rodent, known as a weasel and going by the name simply of Weasel, sticks his head up and gives a loud squeek. "Oh yes I know Weasel, this whole place is just ripe for the Spellthieving, as well as possibly for planting turnips. I think Unckle Spanky woudl agree, I mean look at this here soil." Dimble, or as his friends that don't like him very much, call him, Dim, stoops over ducking rather accidently the Fireball that was just thrown accross the arena at someone else. Grabbing up a handful of dirt he sniffs it, "Very nice dirt, a bit sulfury, and maybe with a hint of sausage in it, but still nice. We could manage to get maybe two or three crops a year out if it." Weasel is squeeking noisily in his ear about something, and so Dimble eventually looks up to see the battle going on around him. "Well would you look at that, mages and stuff. Yes yes, I know that's why we are here, but I didn't actually expect to see them fighting each other, maybe just dancing or having a picnic, but not fighting. Its like my old dad used to say, 'Dimble my son, (cause you know I am his son since he's my dad), Dimble my son, if you find yourself right square, or any other geometric shape, between two angry cow, you best just get out of the way and try and have something else to drink other than milk.' Boy he's a smart guy." Dimble pads off the side, out of the direct line of fire of the mages watching with a big dwarf pie eating grin on his face as he considers the dirt in his hand and what to do with it.
Welcome back me! And Dimble, my old character, more can be found on Dimble in the Equinox games down in the Workship area.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:23 pm

"Newcomers! Arg, I was looking forward to wiping the field with the few remnants of opposition and going home." Balancing out the fireball still steaking towards Dastardly Neutraldictian gestures with both hands in two directions, shooting an icicle spike at Dimble and Dirken.