Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 pm

There's no set date. We're at some undefined point between the World Wars.
Thorne closes the safe, spins the knob, and tries the combination. It clicks open. Since at least that part of Clyde's story checks out, and the youth seems to be sobering up, the detective takes a kinder tone with him.

"Some of your father's mementos were in there as well. I take that it was a family safe, the combination also known to the Earl and your mother?" It seems unlikely to Thorne that Charles Wyckstaff would not know the combination to a safe in the wall of his own parlour.

"Correct any errors in this progression. You had opened the safe to put the money inside, but were interrupted by the Earl and engaged in an argument over finances. You then stormed down the hall with the bag and dropped it in the lavatory."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Clyde shakes his head, "I put the money in, spun the dial and left. The next time I saw him he, wus dead. I guess Davey saw me putting the money in and got confused..I didn't like the old man, but Davey didn't need to be a part of that...kid should be a lil older than tha when he finds out just how worthless his father is. Bad enough Da already got a lawyer and emptied Davey's trust and blew the money on his women."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 pm

"So you locked the safe." The detective ponders this. Who opened it again? And why leave the money in the lavatory?

"Approximately how much money is in the bag?" asks the detective.
With exchange rates a pound then was worth about 45 times as much as one today

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:54 pm

The Lady Aberdine can't handle all the exitement, she reaches into her ample bussoms and produces a small silver flask of 'tonic' and takes a quick drink from it. Shaking the flask she notes that its mostly empty.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 pm

"I'd like to go to my room", David announces. Watching Lady Aberdine getting sauced more than once a day is too much for the young boy. Clyde's betrayal of his father's foibles has cut him keenly and he would like to go hide his head under the covers.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Lady Aberdine, the chubby neighbor stands up, "I'll take your to your room Davey. Come on boy." She puts the flask away, puts down the play bill and reaches for the boys hand. Just then, from insided the folded bill out slips a $100 bill. The woman gives a look to the boy, "What, what is that, and where is the inspector?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Clyde's noncommittal shrug indicates that he does not know exactly how much money is spilled on the bathroom floor. Thorne sighs. Kids these days need to be better taught how to manage their fortunes.

He walks out to Lady Aberdine. "Yes madam, you calledl?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm

The chubby woman looks at the inspector, "What do we do now? I mean, now what? Where is Mr.Plum the Gardner?"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Anyone feel like playing Mr. Plum? We can have a couple people play two characters if necessary.
"Lear, please bring Mr. Plum," requests the detective. Thorne notices the valuable bank note on the ground, lying beneath the playbill in Aberdine's hand. "That fell from the playbill?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:34 pm

The lady looks down, not having noticed, "Oh my? I guess it did." She bends down and picks it up looking at it rather interested in it. Then she opens the play bil to see if there are more of them, to her disappointment there aren't. So she takes a swig from her tonic to keep her wits about her.