Let the gods decide: A mini adventure for D20

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Let the gods decide: A mini adventure for D20

Post by ardh05 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:31 pm

"Then let us make this a race to be remembered!" Wulf says, climbing on the sled to take the reins.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Wulf takes the reins and makes the five pairs of dogs and the lead dog walk to the designated starting point. Bjorn takes his place before him holding on to keep his balance. All of the four contestants wear no armor and the shaman gives them a single dagger each.

Then, as a sign to start the race, the shaman pounds his magic spear into the ground.

"Ya, ya, ya" Ulberth yells and whistles and whips his dogs into full speed and the sled takes off, gliding down the first part of the race, the open plains.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Wulf snaps the reins, commanding the dogs to run for all they're worth.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:56 pm

While Bjorn is holding on, Wulf snaps the reins and the dogs take off, heading for the edge of the forest. The two sleds drive fast, with dogs barking and the drivers guideing them with reins and loud calls. For now the two passengers each just hang on, glaring at the other sled with determination. For now, the two sleds are head to head, none of them has been able to get ahead of the other. The icy wind blows through the riders hair.
Base movement (running) is 50m per round in open country, a bit less with obstacles.
The plains that go up to the forest are 180m.
Difficulty going fast in open plains is 10.
Wulf: rolled: 7+8+2(for friendly dogs)=17, he makes an additional 7m.
Ulberth rolled total: 17, he makes an additional 7m.
Distance covered so far:
Wulf: 57m
Ulberth: 57m
Last edited by Grimbold on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Wulf changes tactics slightly, promicing great food if the dogs will just run a bit faster.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:11 am

Bjorn motions to his brother with a nod of his chin to move the sled closer to the others, "lets play our game, not theirs brother" he grins to the others as he puts his blade in his teeth keeping his balance preparing for combat.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:50 am

Wulf nods in return to his brother, then steers his dog team next to the other sled.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Ulberth's sled moves ahead but Wulf stays close behind. Wulf tries to position himself next to Ulberth's sled but the position is not optimal for now. The forest looms about 60m ahead.
Jumping or attacking (or whatever) might prove more difficult than if you are in a better position. You can go for it or you can wait for next round.
Wulf rolled: 5+8+2=15, =55m
Ulberth rolled total: 16, 56m

Distance covered so far:
Wulf: 112m
Ulberth: 113m

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:28 am

Bjorn searches the sled, anything that may distract the dogs. He takes a piece of leather and takes the knife and cuts a deep slice into his arm, dripping some blood onto the leather. He then balls it up and prepares to throw it towards the front of the running dogs.
any leather strips or anything? (the thicker the better) if no straps i can use, then i'll cut a peice of my boot, or my coat/clothing. will wait for a moment when I think I could launch it towards the lead dogs.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 am

Wulf, understanding Bjorn's plan, urges his dogs to go just a bit faster.
You might want to specify which team you want to throw the leather in front of... I'm pretty sure it's the other team, but please specify... I might hav to edit my post...