Act 1: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 1: Season of the Wolf

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Round 3 Initiative: Odin 21.8, Travan 12.3, Wolves 12.2

Buffs N Conditions
Georg: Blade Coating: +1 Att, +1 Dmg (Duration Longer than Combat)

Wolf #3: Fatigued, -2 STR, -2 DEX, Can't Charge or Run
Wolf #3: Stunned 2 Rounds
Wolf #1: Fatigued, -2 STR, -2 DEX, Can't Charge or Run
Travan simply focuses on fending off the wolves that are attacking him. He sweeps his blade infront of the wolves keeping them at bay before countering with a strong overhand chop that connects with the side of the wolf hacking a nice large steaksized piece off the beast. The beast fumbles forward and falls prone snapping with its maw from the ground, bleeding all over, but still alive, if laying down.
Travan: Attack Wulf #1: 16 Hit for 9 Wounds, Fort Save: 'œ20' Success

Wolf 1 Attack Travan 'œ1' (Fumble: 12) Fumbled, Prone

This was a combo pose for both attacks. You'll see the first Fumble in the game. How this works is if you roll a natural "1", I roll the attack a second time, using your highest BAB. This is similar to how Cirticals work. If the second attack roll would be a hit, its just an embrassing miss. If it would have been a miss then you fumble and something bad happens, fall prone, drop weapon, etc. If the second roll is another natural "1" then you do something drastically bad, hit ally, break weapon join the circus, etc..
The second wolf snaps at Travan, but the Witcher is free of the first wolf and is able to dodge to the side luckily avoiding the attack. At the cave mouth the stunned and bleeding wolf leaves itself wide open for Georg.
Wolf 2 Attack Travan 12 Miss
Wolf 3 Stunned
Round 4 Initiative: Odin 21.8, Travan 12.3, Wolves 12.2

Buffs N Conditions

Wolf #3: Fatigued, -2 STR, -2 DEX, Can't Charge or Run
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 am

Georg lets a slight smile come across his face seeing the damage he last strike caused. He sets his feet once again and strikes out again hoping to finish the wolf off.
Sorry, a bit rusty but can't remember if stunned warrants a Coup de Grace or not. Either way Full Attack
I search for hidden dwarves...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I had to look this up as well. A Stunned character is not helpless, while it is in bad shape, it does not mention stunned as being helpless anyplace. So you can not Coup de Grace a Stunned character unfortunately. You do still get your Sneak Attack however against him.

Buffs N Conditions

Georg lets a smile slip as he's taken down the wolf. He sets his feet and flips his blade around, point down. He plunges the weapon into the neck of the wolf, driving with all his body. The blade severs arteries, viens, and nerves in the beast. The whole body shudders and then slumps to the ground, one leg twitching with the last uncontroled nerve impluses.
Odin: Attack Wolf #3: 11 Hit for 8 WPs, DEAD

Since you killed it on your Standard Action, if you want you can move after the kill, or just remain where you are till next round. If you want to move, just post as such now.
Travan, noticing the gypys as killed one of the wolves...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Travan smirks smartly, seeing that the Gypsy has already outslain him, then locks his concentration on finishing his unworthy opponents.
Nice job, Odin!
With his baleful stare blistering the face of his Vulpine attacker with hate, Travan swings his Bastard Sword with all his might, slamming it into the mangey flank of the watchwolf.
Attack on Vulf #1:
<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d20 and the dice show: 10
10+9 = 19, which beats previous to-hits, so I assume this is a hit as well.
Additionally, Wolf one is Prone, making him easier to hit.

Damage
<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d10 and the dice show: 1
Wow... Minimum damage... Mangey Indeed
1+4 = 5 whole big damage.
Eat it, fuzzy!

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:08 am

Georg slides the blade out of the wolf. He flicks his wrist, splattering some of the excess blood from his blade against the ground. He looks over at Travan, assessing his situation before charging over to help him.
Standard move NW,NW,W. Should be 20 feet if I understand the diaganols correctly

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Buffs N Conditions
After Georg kills his wolf he hurries to join Travan facing the wolf moving up next to the animal.
Finished move. You are not however flanking yet.
Travan can't allow himself to be shown up by a mere gypsy so with all his might he swings his bastard sword around and down into the skull of the wolf. The carine yelps once just before its head connects with the stone of the cave floor.
Travan: Attack #1: 19 hit for 5 WPs: DEAD
The last of the guard wolves pounces on Travan as he's busy butchering the other wolf. A lucky strike of the wolve's maw catches Travan on the ankle, the wolf tugs, and pulls Travan to the ground tripping him up.
Wolf 2: Attack Travan: 19 Hit for 3 VPs, Imp Grab: 16 vs Travan 'œ1' Success. Travan Tripped! Prone

Prone
The character is on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a -4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
Round 5 Initiative: Odin 21.8, Travan 12.3, Wolves 12.2

Buffs N Conditions

Travan: Prone
Georg...

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:03 am

Georg looks to Travan on the ground. Deciding he doesn't have enough time to get into a good possition for a decisive strike he jabs his sword at the wolf, hoping to get its attention.
Normal attack, after the attack 5 foot step to the north.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Round 5 Initiative: Odin 21.8, Travan 12.3, Wolves 12.2

Buffs N Conditions
Georg takes a quick swing at the wolf, just missing it as it snaps its maw to the side causing the rogue to draw back his hand and blade too quickly to void being bitten. This time Georg misses. He then slides to the side now flanking the wolf with the prone Travan.
Odin: Attack Wolf: 12 Miss, 5ft Step

NOTE: In this situation you could have 5ft Steped first, put yourself to flanking, and then attacked.
Travan, laying on the ground prone...

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Travan takes a gamble, Lying on the ground and heaving his Bastard Sword in a flashing arc of bloody steel. Rather than rise up to face the beast, he opts to remain prone.
Sure, I'm taking a -4 to AC in melee, and I don't provide a flank for Georg when I'm down... but I'd rather have the wolf continue snapping at me instead of at Georg... So here goes nothing.

<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d20 and the dice show: 20
<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d10 and the dice show: 3

Oh, Holy smokes, a natural 20! This means I have a chance to critically strike the wolf for double damage!

<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d20 and the dice show: 20
<Pyg> ~blinks~
<Pyg> Uh, can I get a witness?
<tet> amen

So, the second hit looks to be an automatic hit as well, which means I get to do double damage. Checking with the DM is wise in this situation, as sometimes you roll, add your bonus, then double that total... and in other games you roll 2 dice, add your bonus twice, and that's your total... Let's do it both ways here to see how much our final wolf opponent will be taking...

Double a single roll:
3(result of the roll)+4=7
7*2 = 14 damage

OR...

Two rolls...
<MUSH> +ROLL: Pyg@IRC rolls 1d10 and the dice show: 4
3 (first roll) +4 = 7
4(second roll) +4 =8
7+8 = 15 damage...

It's up to the DM to decide which method they use... Either way

Travan Snarls lowly between clenched and grinding teeth "Fall, evil beast!"

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 am

Georg curses his failed strike but it served it's purpose as a distraction. Now in better position Georg lines up his arm lunging forward towards the wolf.
Full attack, yeah I know I could have but I guess I still like to "be in the mind" of my character and I like my characters to make mistakes :-) Been playing rogues in both 2nd and 3.5 for a while so the class is kinda familiar to me, I do like the idea of a combat based rather than stealthy rogue though. I guess I just like to RP a guy in battle where he has 6 seconds to make a decision and its not always the best one, but at least its a decision