Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Varic clenches his jaw and rubs his chin, his long beard wiggles from the motion. "If yer buying, then I'll join yea lass." He glances at the now roaring fire and shrugs not caring if he leaves it blazing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:24 am

Tsura smiles, it is like the sun coming out from behind the clouds. Carrying her lute she walks toward the slaughtered Lamb turning back to make sure Varic is following. Reaching the door of the inn Tsura shyly pushes open the door and steps inside and to the left - her violet eyes gazing around the room looking for a pair of seats.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Tsura's smile is only broken by the crying of the baby as she jostles around her lute a bit. Comforting the child, she is reminded of her goal, food and medical attention for the wounded infant. The dwarf Varic, waddling behind shakes his head in wonder and then head into the Inn with her.

She spots James at once, sitting in the corner at a table with plenty of room at it for her, the baby, and the dwarf. The chamber is several rooms, a main common room, a smaller room in the back where men are beating on each other for sport, and a kitchen area. Stairs lead up to the few rentable rooms here at the Slaughtered Lamb. A bust barmaid, perhaps in her lat twenties is serving James a beer, and giving him the eye. She spots the Gypys and the Dwarf and rolls her eyes, and comments to James, "Look what the dog dragged in, what filth will come in next."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Tsura says to Varic, "O'er there be James, he's a bit raw lookin' but 'tis a kindly man. We can join him fer company."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 am

The dwarf nods, his long beard scrapes the floor as he does and he curses as he nearly steps on it walking as noding at the same time. "Fine with me lass, if you know him..." he pauses half way to the table, "...looks like a Witcher." He gulps, "Now wait a minute, he is a Witcher isn't he?" He isn't sure if he wants to continue but he does.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 am

"Not a good way ta be makin' tips with comments like that. That "filth" happens to be my traveling companion." James says with a smirk on his face and a glare in his eye. "If ya want that tip I promised now, ya need ta make the information I need good." he says rubbing an Oren between his thumb and index finger. "Besides, I would hate to turn a pretty thing like you into ash."
Dunno how you wanna do this. Intimidate? I also have diplomacy but I don't think I'm being very diplomatic here...lol
James leans in closer to quietly but firmly say "I need to know about the bandits in the area and I'm sure you heard talk of it. I want to know what you know and what their numbers are. Who else would know in town and where can I find them." All the while rubbing the coin in view of her.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:46 am

"Oh, is that what makes him a right fearsome man?" says Tsura ,"I only know t'was he that showed me kindness when my kin were put ta death. Per'aps that buxm maid knows where I c'n find som'mat to take care o' my boy while I seek my vengence for my kin."

Tsura makes the sign of the evil eye at the mention of the bandits that killed her caravan and heads for the Witcher's table.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

The woman leans over, "Listen up, I don't need that money so bad. I ain't heard nothing about no bandits. We keep to ourselves around here, and ain't no one bother us." She can see the look in James' eye however and adds, "The Reverend knows plenty of things, supose you could talk to him."
Intimidate: Roll 4 +8 = 12 Poor
The barmaid straightens back up and turns her back to Tsura and the dwarf and heads back to help more 'right and proper' patrons of the Lamb. Tsura and Varic, a long bearded dwarf, arrive at the table and take a seat. "Greeting Witcher, pleased ta be meeting you." He offers a hand for a good shake before sitting down at Tsura invite.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Ok that was strange. I know it wasn't the best roll with a 4 but most Bar maids, especially in a small village, have never even seen a gold piece except when giving change to a rich passerby. Is gold that common in the Witcher world? Most people can't afford things that cost gold pieces ie...swords, metal shields, armor but they can afford pitchforks, spears, and wood axes that are cheap (ie...militia). I figured there would be a greed bonus for real gold. Just trying to get a feel for the money system in the Witcher world.
Putting away the coin, "Have not really met you yet, dwarf." He looks at the dwarfs hand, waiting for a name. He turns to Tsura, "You had the kid looked at yet, Gypsy? I just got pointed to the church for info on the Bandits. The "reverend" there might be able to help with the kid as well as give me the info I need."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Grrr, I typed is out and then lost my post cause of browser silliness.

Yes gold is a modivating factor, however she has a major modivating factor the other way against Witchers, Gypys and Non humans. I choose to just let the numbers cancel each other out and not worry about it, making the coin a RP factor not a mechanical one just like her prejudices.
The dwarf bellys up to the table, "Names Varic of Harton, the pleasure is all yours I'm sure." He fluffs his beard some, "Your lady friend here owes me a drink and I'm ready to collect. None of that Viziman Champion swill either they try and pass off to rubes..." he notices the mug infront of James and quiets down. "I'll take me some Mahakaman Mead, I know they still have a growler or two down in the cellar."
Considered to be the dwarves' greatest contribution to world culture.