Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry for the delay work has been kicking my butt and home hasn't been much better. I've been slacking I admit it.

Round 3 Initiative: Tsura 14.8, James 11.2, Wyvern 11.1
Alright so Tsura's action, a move NE will not put you in flanking unfortunately. What D&D considers flanking is to be on the opposite side. If you draw a line from the center of your square to the center of another person's square the line needs to bisect the enemy. So Tsura would need to be on the NE corner of the Wyvern, or atleast on the N side of it. With that in mind, this is a great moment to use the Tumble Skill to move.

Normally moving out of a threatened square will drawn and Attack of Opportunity from the enemy. But you can Tumble at double movement cost, and avoid that AoO. So with that in mind. Or of course Tsura can circle around without having to Tumble by moving: N,N,NE,E,SE that's 30ft, and flanking.

Tsura circles around he Wyvern, she tumbles in close to thet back of the creature, now within striking distance, and flanking the beast. It's attention is on The Witcher, and that leaves it vulnerable to her precise strike. She stabs it right in the spine, her short blade pierces the thick hide and slices into organs inside. She withdraws her blade, and the creature howling turns a gaze toward her even as its bleeding.
Tsura Move: Flanking (+2), Attack 17 + 8 +2 +1 = 28 hit for 8 WP + 9 Sneak Attack VP = 17 Wounds
James takes advantage of the distracted creature to strike out at it, but he puts a bit too much into the swing and some how swings wide as it turns its body toward Tsura partially. The Witcher's silver blade fails to connect, but just barely. The Yrden Sign continues to cause James' first strike to bleed, and more blood leaks out of the Wyvern.
James Flanking (+2), Attack 2 + 2 + 9 +1= 14 Miss

Bloodletting: 2 Wounds
Then the Wyvern counter attacks, it doesn't want to ignore James, so it snaps a bite at the man, but he ducks. It takes a lot of energy for him to duck out of the way, and he's nearly clipped by the jaws of the beast, he's starting to get run down from goes toe to toe with the wyvern. Its not finished however, and with its tail it strikes down at Tsura! The tail connects with her chest and knocks her back a foot. The blow is minor, but the stinger on the tail injects venom into the gyspsy! Tsura's body is used to taking various gypsy drugs, and other hard booze and such toxins. She can feel her chest burning, heaving up and down, but the effects of the poison aren't obvious, not now, and she resists giving into them.
Wyvern Full Attack Bite James 19 Hit for 16VP, Tale Tsura 28 Hit for 5 VP, Fort Save: 18 vs 18 Success!
Round 4 Initiative: Tsura 14.8, James 11.2, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs
Inspire Courage +1 Att, Dmg, Fear Saves
On a completely unrelated note, my copy of James became corrupted. I have the base Witcher sheet still, but perhaps arkham you can email your copy of the character sheet? Thanks. Just at Vardaen at Gmail.com is cool.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Tsura lifts her blade and strikes again ignoring the pain of the poison.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Round 4 Initiative: Tsura 14.8, James 11.2, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs
Inspire Courage +1 Att, Dmg, Fear Saves
The Gypsy woman lifts her blade and strikes out again, stabbing into the spine of the wyvern right above where its tail meets its back. The blade severs something critical there, twisting she yanks the blade clear and the blood dripps onto her shoes. Screeching the Wyvern looks ripe for the kill from the Witcher.
Tsura: Sneak Attack: (flanking) 25 Hit for 14 WPs
James...
Because of everything, I will most likely end this game with the resolution of this 'wyvern' mission. If you guys would like to end sooner, let me know, I don't want to drag anything out longer than we have to. I know you are all in other games, and I know I'm busy as can be also.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 am

OOC: Since its rather obvious thatn the three of us have other things on our plates, I think that its worth just ending things here. James and Tsura were on the verge of defeating the Wyvern, I'm pretty sure a few more rounds at the most and it was dead, what with the bleeding and the sneak attacking and such. You would have had time to loot the corpse and the nest, and would have heard the returning mate coming, giving you the option to fight a second one before returning to the old crone for your reward.

If anyone is interested in the general plot of where the game was going, send me a PM, as I don't want to publicly post it as the point of this setting is to reuse it for other new members on the site, and I don't want to spoil it.

With my schedule as it is, this whole forum will hit the graveyard for a while until needed once again.