Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:13 am

Tsura looks around the inn for a barmaid and says,"Oh no, James, I ha'e met with none friendly to me and the boy but Varic. Sure an' I begin playin' an' a villiager shoos allaway from where I were standin'. I am beginning ta doubt our luck in findin' food and shelter for my boy."

Tsura sighs and rocks the sleeping child tenderly in her arms. "I shall call ya Gunari for ya have had ta fight for life already ain't ya."
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Varic is sitting, listening of course, and comments. "You won't find many good folk in this wretched place, but not everyone is so bad. The old lady Margita, lives on the edge of town, she ain't so bad. Folks can kinda be a bit harsh with her, but she conce cleared up some rot I had on mae foot. House stinks of herbs and such, but that shouldn't deter you." He then lifts a hand and gets the barmaids attention, he orders a round of drinks for the table, "Mahakaman Mead, the ladies paying." He settles in waiting on the booze.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:23 pm

"I thank ya, Varic. I shall make my way to Margita in the morning then. We have been trav'lin' all day an' I am Gunari could use a good sleep." Gunari appears to be in a blissful slumber already, unaware of the hate his birthright has already engendered toward him.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:17 am

"I think we might want to go tonight, Tsura" James says using the Gypsy's actual name to emphasize the point. "The Babe is lookin' bad off and this healer might give better help than any. She might also know a little about the happin'in's around the area. Might even lead us to clues about yer attackers." James swigs down the last of his beer, "I'm ready when you are. You wantin' to come along, Dwarf? You seem ta know this healer best."

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Tsura nods and places Gunati in the sling. She stands up wordlessly with an indefinable sadness in her eyes and her movements.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:44 pm

James gets up from his seat, "you comin', dwarf? Or do we have ta find her on our own?" He starts heading toward the doorway.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:54 pm

The mead just arrives at the table, and Tsura pays the coin for it as Varic picks up the mug, "I supose I could join you, show you the way." He downs the mug in one long swing that has some foam spill out the corners of his mouth to run down his beard. " Ahhhhh! Nothing finer." He pushes back from the table, and turns to the door, "This way then."

Varic leads the quartet out of the tavern and into the village. The little baby starts to cry at the movement once again, the wounds on her no doubt starting to hurt once more, and Tsura actually feels a new moist spot on the sling, a moist spot that's crimson. Its a good thing they are going now, and not waiting until morning.

Varic leads the pair through the village, to the eastern edge. Passing some Hellibore bushes James makes a note to come back and pick some fruit from them later. The group heads down into a little dell that houses a single home. Out front are a half dozen wooden drying wracks that have hides stretched out on them vertically, making them look like wierd little dancing headless children, but they must be beaver or badger hides. "There's her plac", points the dwarf at the large hut that appears to sprawl about the dell. Its as if four small huts were jammed together to make one large one, the roof, thatched, is uneven and has several peaks and joints where the uneven sized huts meet up with one another. From the porch roof dangles various trinkets, some would say of witchcraft. Garlic, fools parsel, bone windchime, feathers, teeth, etc all hang as decoration or for drying on the porch.

Varic stops right where he is. "I'll wait here fer yah if you don't mind."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:16 pm

"Thank ya Varic." says Tsura

Tsura makes a sign of protection over herself and Gunari and moves forward to knock on the door.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:47 am

"Don't know what you are waiting on." James walks to the door. When he reaches the door he raps rapid and firm calling to the healer. "Healer, I have an injured babe. Come to the door. He's in a bad way and needs you to look on him."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Varic stands where his is as Tsura moves forward. James cuts infront of her and raps loudly on the door calling out. A minute or two later the bolt on the other side of the door is slide open, and the door swings inward.

A young woman stands inside the building, her red hair hangs loose down her head and over her shoulders. She is a pretty enough woman, and suprisingly young. "What is all the banging about?" She locks eyes with James and sighs, "A Witcher? What's this about?" Looking over Tsura and then the baby she waits for a reply, clearly not having heard Jame's words from inside.