Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Tsura strikes up a dance tune, dancing a bit herself and singing in a melodic contralto. The children will pay no coin but, "at leas' children don' know how ta hate me.", she thinks.

Thier company is a welcome ease to the pain of loss and the self-questioning that Tsura knows will haunt her for the rest of her life.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm

*** Outside ***

The turn turns jaunty and the little kids start to dance and laugh. They grab each others hands and spin around and around in a circle laughing and dancing. They start clapping and cheer when Tsura takes to her feet and starts to dance a little as well. The baby on her back she can't do too much for fear of harming him.

That's when the fun dies down, one of the kids fathers appears from down the street. "Georg! You are late for dinner, what are you doing here?"

"Sorry father!" the young boy takes off at a run home.

The man, middle aged and starting to bald, glares at the gypsy and ruffles his son's hair as the boy race past him. "Hurry home to mother." He then turns his eyes to the other two kids, "Don't you have some place to be?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 am

Tsura's song turns mournful at this new turn of events. The last soft note hangs in the air. Quietly she puts her Lute away and prepares to slip away into the Tavern to tell James that she had better leave the town and find a place better to sleep.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm

*** Outside ***

Right as Tsura is putting away her lute a voice booms out, its thickly accented, "Naw don't put your lute away on my account!" A very short, and very thickly bearded dwarf arrives from behind the gypys. He waddles over to the fire rubbing his hands together. "I was a nice little tune, except for that last part. Too sad fer my tastes." He stops at the fire and looks Tsura up and down, "Play something else, do you know the Ballad of the White Wolf? Heard that once from a bard named Dandelion, not a bad song, terribly egomaniacle singer."
Image His accent suggests he's not native to this region of Termina and more likely from the southern lands. His clothing is not as rich as shown in the picture, but of the same style (just more worn and older).
Any self respecting bard knows of Dandelion the Bard. He's well known as the best friend of the Witcher Geralt of Viva, a master bard, and somethings of a lady's man among the noble women of Terminia. His ballads are known, copied, and plagarised all across the land. Tsura knows several of his songs and ballads including the one mentioned.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:59 am

"Blessin's be upon ya, sir. I do know that song ya mentioned an' will be glad ta play if for ya." Tsura says, brightening at the thought of a new audience. Skillfully she begins the opening chords on her lute. Hoping to impress the dwarf, Tsura pours her effort and her need for approoval into the song.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:00 pm

**** Inside ****

"You may be able to. Let me grab a table in the back and bring a mug of beer. There may be a tip in it for a little bit more information after the beer." The Witcher tells the buxom marmaid and continues to his seat in the back.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:50 pm

** Inside **

James gives his order to the barmaid, a young woman that is on the cusp of being too old to be working as a barmaid. She winks at the Witcher and hurries off to get his mug of ale. Finding a seat in the corner of the room James settles in, his back to the wall, his eyes scanning the room. Collected inside the Slaughtered Lamb. Men are playing dice poker, rolling five dice and betting on the results. A pair of drunks playing the game are getting loud as one wins and another looses. The punches from men beating on each other for spot from the back room drifts out to the tap room. Several men, and a few woman give The Witcher disapproving looks, but before trouble can start the barmaid returns. "Viziman Champion, finest brew we have..." she puts the piss yellow mug of beer down on the table before James. "That will be 2 copper deary." She holds out her hand for payment.
Image This is a vile beer brewed in the capital city of Temeria. (Weak Alcohol and not useable for potion base)
*** Outside ***

The Dwarf gives a smile at Tsura and then tosses a few logs on the fire. She begins to play and all in all the performace is enjoyable, its nothing above and beyond, and its a poor showing of Tsura's talents, but the dwarf seem pleased enough to hear it. "Not bad lass, what's yer name? They call me Varic around here when they aren't insulting me."
Perform Lute: Rolled 3 + 13 = 16 Enjoyable Performance.

Note on non-humans, they are generally outcasts, treated as second class people and discriminated against -- just like Witchers and Gypsys.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 pm

"I am called Tsura, Varic, an' th' young has no name yet. Thank ya for the kindness of your company. A gypsy on hard times ain't wanted nowhere." Tsura says politely.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 pm

The dwarf glances at the baby, "Hard times for a woman wandering these parts with a child." He digs into his pocket and produces one Oren. The coin is handed over, "Fer the song." He warms his hands by the fire, "Looks like rain, you'll be wanting a place out of it for the babe. They should take your coins in the Lamb, its a flea ridden den of scum and villany, but its warm and dry."

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Tsura smiles greatfully and pockets the coin. "Will ya join me? 'tis better with th' company an' I shall stand ya an ale." Tsura smiles hopefully at Varic.