Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by arkahm » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:21 pm

James immediately rushes to inspect the child further, making sure that the bloodied wrappings are only from the outside effects of the carnage around it.

"My god woman, who's child is this?! Is this your child?!" James says with concern for the child in his voice.
perform first aid if needed on the child

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 pm

"T'was Peony and Georg's but I am all he got now. He is hurt terrible fierce sir and needs water and care from them what willin' ta aid a Gypsy. My family were only my husband an he is gone took by them bandits. For slavin' probably. I come back ta tend the dead so thier spirits won't roam this place an' 'cause bad luck."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Inspecting the baby James the Witcher realizes most of the blood is old and the baby is stable and doing as well as can be expected. The Gypsy woman bandaged and cleaned the wounds on the child, but like she says, its going to need a proper healer.

The wind shifts and the oily black smoke of the mass funeral pyre blows past the faces of the two reminding them of what's taken place here.

Let me just say, so far you guys are awesome! Keep up the good work. Eventually we'll get to a Search Check or a place to roll dice, and I'll show you how we do that.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Tsura looks around and finds a bit of cloth to make into a sling around her neck. Gently she places the baby into the sling and holding it gently close to her body, she stands up.

"T'ain't no place for us here sir. I don't rightly know wha' ta do.", Tsura says. Her eyes have a haunted emptiness.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:29 am

What to do, James wonders the same thing himself. He would normally track down and kill the bandits that caused this but the babe throws a twist in his normally simplistic thinking.

"Well, Tsura, I see us having two choices and seeming that it was your family that was butchered, I will leave the deciding to you. We can either track down the bandits that did this or there is a town within a few days travel to give the child a proper healing. The choice is yours."

The Witcher stands silently awaiting Tsura's decision.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 am

" Got got to git this child some one who can get it breast milk. This tiny stomach ain't full fer long an' sure an' I can't provide. She is like ta die without steady food. Them Bandits, they will be easy to track with them all flamboyant like. Wolfheads on thier clothes marked 'em and I owe 'em a Gypsy's vengence. I wanna send their ghosts Howlin' into the night ne'er restin' always seekin'." Tsura sighs and pauses a moment. She throws her shoulders back as if steeling herself.

"The babe firs' James. sir - then we bring the full hell of devils on them bandits."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:33 am

"So be it, Gypsy. We will continue down the road to the next town." James says. "Let us be off then before the sun sets." He continues down the road back towards home only waiting long enough for Tsura to gather what she needs for her and the babe.
I need to find out how many camp sites we will have to make if we have no encounters. I am wanting to gather materials for potions while we camp using my knowledge skills.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

The Witcher and the Gpysy both agree that the baby must be tended to first. Without seeking tracks or a possible direction of these bandits James begins to move further down the road. A village should lay two days travel in that direction, baring any incidents along the way.

Tsura gathers cloth and makes a baby sling for the infant, putting it on herself like a rucksack, slinging the baby around her chest and holding it tight. The caravans are looted and trashed, but she can find most of her things, enough atleast to get started.
Of course you'll be able to have all your starting gear listed on your sheet.

An intersting note, the last pair that played this went after the bandits first, taking the baby with them :)

Also, the caravan camp site is a possible location to do a search check, if interested. Normally in a game I wouldn't mention it, but this is both your first games on here so want to make sure we don't skip over things that you might want to do.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 pm

"I 'spect you will be wanting to look around to track them bandits. The dead is taken care of. I got to find my lute afore we go to town."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 am

"Since you need to find your instrument I'll see if I can find the trail of the bandits." Says James, "Maybe it'll lead to a base camp. If we wait for two days to the next town a temporary camp will probably be long gone."
SEARCH for a trail or tracks of some sort to find where the bandits went.