Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Tsura begins to sing a soft song, her voice is beautiful, and comforting, it instills a sense of pride, of strength of courage, and James glances back at her and nods. The Witcher is ready, and Tsura is ready, his voice catching on the wind and carring up and over the swamp and the hill. The Wyvern there howls as it hears the song and the battle is on.
Inspire Courage.

I'm unsure of what arkahm's issue has been in posting to this thread. However, since I'll be startin Winter Court for L5R soon, my plan is this. Complete this one fight, cause you always need 1 fight, and then end this game. Both of you are in other games, you have no need for a Newbie Game anymore, you are far from Newbies at this point.
Initiative: James 15.3, Tsura 14.8, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs: Inspire Courage +1 Att, Dmg, Fear Saves
When the wyvern howls, the Witcher turns, and leaps into action...
Alright James is up first, and here we go.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:47 am

With his silvered sword shining, James quickly begins arcane words, gently stroking his hand along the blade of the weapon to invoke a deadly gleam within the shining silver. Running up to engage, he maintains his defensive posture while keeping himself between the beast and the gypsy. Never have had to fight a Wyvern, he is fully prepared to strike if the beast is faster than he expects.
Cast Yrden as a swift action and move (NE,NE,NE,NE) to engage if the beast is within reach by then.
Here you go. All edited with movements.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Round 1 Initiative: James 15.3, Tsura 14.8, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs:
Both Inspire Courage +1 Att, Dmg, Fear Saves
James: Bloodletting

You'll see that I bold the names of those characters that have already acted in this round (or are acting in the current post that I'm typing. So we can see that Tsura is the next one up in the initiative order.

I asked arkahm to repost/edit (there are editing issues in this forum so he reposted) to included his movement. Most GMs that provide maps want to see detailed movement actions. Arkahm's edit is exactly what a GM will want to see, D&D espcially is all about movement on a tactical map, because of terrain, Attacks of Opportunity (AoO) and reach weapons. Thank ark, good edit on this.
James, with his silver sword shining, leads forward, his blade begins to weep a deadly gleam. Calling on the Yrden Sign, the Witcher places the enchantment on his blade as he moves up the hill keeping clear of the swampy terrain and staying on the path until it ends.
James: Yrden: Bloodletting, Move NE,NE,NE,NE
Tsura...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Tsura cautiously follows James into the battle.
NE,NE,NE,NE
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Round 1 Initiative: James 15.3, Tsura 14.8, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs
Inspire Courage +1 Att, Dmg, Fear Saves
Tsura continues to sing as she moves up behind James the Witcher. She is careful and causious, her hands ready to strike, she stays close to the man and stays out of the mud.
Tsura: Move/Singing
The Wyvern cranes its long leathery neck, squawks as it hears Tsura singing and spots James moving forward. The large reptile hops around on clumby leg and starts to waddle forward, sort of jumping, sort of walking as it does much like any large bird might.
Wyvern: Move/Move
Round 2 Initiative: James 15.3, Tsura 14.8, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs
James, the Witcher...

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:19 am

Still moving to engage, James jumps onto the boulder in the water and propels himself off landing on the solid ground, still placing himself between the beast and Tsura. Knowing he should be within reach, he prepares a fierce slash with his sword.
Move E, Ex2 (Crossing the Rock), E, E, E. Prepare to strike when within range.
I'm hoping I did the movement right crossing the rock. Believe it or not, I have not played D&D since they implemented the miniature movement rules.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:42 am

Tsura follows James, her blade and shield at the ready.
Ditto

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Round 2 Initiative: James 15.3, Tsura 14.8, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs

Sorry for the long delay here, work and life is nutz right now
The Witcher steps and jumps on the large rock, he jumps lightly off it and moves up the path and sets himself, his weapon at the ready to strike at the Wyvern when it moves into reach.
You did your movement perfectly right.

What I see here is the desire to ready and action:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specia ... .htm#ready

In this case, the readied action would be, strike at wyvern if it moves into range. So Jame's init drops, as he waits for the trigger to take place.
Tsura moving right behind James, as both her shortblade and her buckler at the ready. She slides up behind the Witcher keeping herself safe for the moment.
Move.

Now I'm not sure I saw a post about reading a shield ever. Back when we pause right before combat, would be the time to make that post so the DM knows you put your shield on. Doing so in combat is a move action, and you don't want to waste the time. In this case of course its fine, you have your shield, but just pointing out tips here.
Then the Wyvern bounds forward, it leaps once, coving 5 feet in the move, and comes down within reach of James. The Witcher strikes out with his silversword and slices into the belly of the beast, the weapon slices open an artery on the creature and the Yrden magic on his blade rends the wound wide open. The beast shall begin to bleed, and shall bleed until the wound is tended. James can't help but feel a little proud at taking first blood. That's when, however, the Wyvern retaliates. It snaps down with its beak, and nearly bites the ear off the Witcher! James rolls to the side just in time to void being called One Ear, the effort is exhausting and a rather close call.
Wyvern: 5ft Step
James' Readied Action: Attack Wyvern: 26 Hit for 6 WP + 1 Bleed WP (Yrden)
Wyvern Attack James: 23 Hit for 19 Vitality

So you'll see the readied attack take effect, nice hit, and the Bloodletting power is on the move now. Monsters just have wound points, at least this one, so you don't have to take out their Vitality first, like it has to do to James on its counter attack.

I've also counted in the Isnpire Courgage into the rolls. Some DM break out all the bonues, I generally just lump them all together for the total.
Round 3Initiative: Tsura 14.8, James 11.2, Wyvern 11.1

Buffs
With James tring to keep his ear on Tsura leaps to action...

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Tsura steps forwardin a carefully positioned flanking manuver and sneak attacks while the Wyvern's attention is on James.
1 NE, then sneak attack

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:06 am

Noticing T'sura's flanking attack, James takes full advantage of the distraction. He executes a powerful forward thrust, attempting to skewer the wyvern like BBQ on a stick.
Standard attack on Wyvern with silver sword.