Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 am

Okay, I feel much better now. Thanks :) I was wondering what to do!

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:10 am

Tsura says, "James sir. 'Tis gettin on dusk an' we should camp." Tsura gently bounces the baby on her hip. It gives her a toothless smile and makes a grab for an earring barely missing as Tsura expertly moves her head so that the earring is out of reach.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:53 am

Do not get me wrong I do understand the baby thing as well, but there are reasons for James (me) doing what he (I) is (am) doing.

1. There is a greater danger to the village if the bandits are part of a larger group. Sorry but in my militaristic training the 1 does not outweigh the many.
2. The bandits are "on the way", Vard said.
3. I will not let the village get too far away that we can't get to safety.
4. I'm not wanting to fight yet. We will find the encampment first, then go to the village. I just want to get relative numbers if at all possible to prepare in the village if need be. Not all battles are won through magic, steel, and brawn. (I am a firm believer of a non "hack and slash" game) More battles are won through the mind than the arm.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:17 am

"I agree Gypsy, we should camp here" James says solemnly. "I will search the area for anything that may be useful." After a long pause looking at the child, James says, "I am also sorry to keep the babe away from the safety of real shelter. I am in need of finding the true numbers of these bandits before we reach the village if at all possible and the bandits look as if they are camped somewhere closer to the village. I will be more able to properly prepare for a larger group that way, equipping myself in the village. Not all battles are won by strength alone, Gypsy. Sometimes you must have a plan. The two of us can not surely wipe out a group of 20, or even 10 for that matter without preparation. I say this for I can see and hear your concern for the babe. I will not let harm come to it. I do not think it wise for us to build a fire but since autumn is upon us but I will find firewood for the babe. I just hope that the bandits do not see it."

James goes into the trees to gather whatever he can find.
James will gather in the woods using knowledge skills as well as get firewood unless Tsura says it is unneeded.
BTW I will take a quote from the title paragraph as well for a Witcher as defined by the GM
The Witchers long neutrality in political affairs is coming to a close, and one by one those of the order must take sides, but choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

I just wanted to be clear about my character's motivations and that the baby had food.
Tsura lays her backpack on the ground and lets the sling loose from her neck, gently putting the child on the ground. She spreads the cloth on the ground while the baby uses her to stand up and gaze at its surroundings. She gets out her Lute and begins to play a lullaby for the baby who is curretly more interested in Tsura's earrings.

The lullaby is sweetly simple and touching. It is clear she has skill with the lute.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 pm

The Gypsy woman and the Witcher pause here for the night, this is as far as they can go without picking one way or the other -- bandits or village. The night rolling in like an unwanted lover causes the stop for a camp. Tsura begins to get comfortable while James moves out into the light woods to search for firewood, and any herbal items he might be able to scavanage.

Hunting through the trees the Witcher comes to a small bush known as the Berbercane. Most of the bush is picked over by local wildlife, but he manages to secure himself a few small pieces of the fruit from on the braches. Known as a tart and juicy fruit often times said to be used by witches. According to an old gypsy tale, the fruit assuages the insane. James collects one useful doees from it, the Aether and Albedo compounds in the juice will come in handy for him.
Search: Take Ten. 15 Success.

Generally I'll do a Take Ten for you on most checks unless combat prevents it, or you say you want to do something else. This will generally secure one dose of most common ingredients.

Found: Image Berbercane Fruit: Tart and juicy, often used by witches. Contains: Aether Image , Albedo Image
I noticed on a broken spoiler Catty you posted that you were maybe not aware of the various types of spoilers you can do. Instead of typing out spoiler="ooc" or other predefined options, you can just use the following tags. (Wihout the spaces)

[ ooc ] [ /ooc ] = OOC
[ act ] [ /act ] = Action
[ map ] [ /map ] = Map
[ roll ] [ /roll ] = Roll
[ hp ] [ /hp ] = Health

That might help speed things up for you.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:23 pm

James comes back to the campsite with firewood in hand. Dropping the firewood to the ground he says, "By the looks of things, it is time to head to the village. The Bandits appear to have turned away. That puts me a little more at ease. We can get the babe to the village and I will still know where to pick the trail back up. I just wish I had a better idea of their numbers. Can you give me any idea of how many attacked your encampment?" James opens his trail rations ready to eat, "Also, being this close to those vermin bandits we should also set watches, I think, in case they have scouts to watch their backs. I'll take the first one. We can rise early tomorrow to head to the village." James continues to build the fire and prepare camp.
I'm having trouble with the potion concept. Can I actually scavange for stuff and make a potion in the same day or is the potion making really only something to do in town?

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:19 am

"Alrigh' James. I confess I will be glad of a bath." Tsura says. She begins to play a mournful tune on the lute. It is a tune deep with sorrow and Tsura plays the lute with deep feeling.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 pm

The Witcher returns with an arm load of firewood and drops it on the ground. The plan is set, a night spent at the camp, then in the morning on to the village. From there James can get them back to this point and further investigation on the bandits. Asking Tsura some more tactical questions he learns that the woman was away collecting nuts when the attack came, and so that's how she survived. However it was hard for her to see the whole thing, but she saw a dozen men in total, and a handful of wolfhounds as well (big shaggy mean looking dogs).

James sits and offers to take the first watch, and after a small fire is lit, and the two eat some meager rations and give what's left of the milk to the baby, the Witcher has plenty of time to try and brew himself up an exiler if he wants. The gypys's lute playing is soft and somber, and reflects the gloom that hangs over her. The baby seems to like it and is lulled to sleep by it.
There is time to try and make up something tonight while you are on watch.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 am

"You should sleep as well" James says to the Gypsy after the child is sleeping. "I will watch over you and the child. You will be up soon enough for the second half of the watch. I'll wake you when it is time. I would like to be traveling toward town by sunrise tomorrow."
James will not be working potions until he reaches town. He will be concentrating on the watch (search/spot checks if needed...although unskilled). He truly believes that the bandits could possibly be "covering their tracks" by back tracking with a scout. Call me paranoid...I call myself cautious. He will wake Tsura half way through the night.