Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 2: Season of the Wolf

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 pm

The night passes without much incident, The Witcher sits and watches, listening for noises of trouble in the darkness that falls over the region as night arrives. A few hours into his watch James hears the howl of a dog far off, but nothing ever comes it. Half way through the night he wakes the woman, unnessicarily as the baby wakes and cries for food every few hours, and Tsura doesn't get much sleep anyhow. Eventually Tsura stays up and James goes to sleep. The Witcher seems to be able to sleep through anything, even the crying baby. Doing her best with what supplies she has the gypsy keeps the baby happy enough until dawn arrives.

The fire is a smoldering pile of ash, and the sun is rising in the east, red lines of light creaping over the mountains to the far east.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:40 am

"Gypsy", James says as he readies provisions, "It's time to go unless you have things to get done. I want to get the babe to the village so I can return."

James hurries to get supplies together, ready to head towards the village. "I hope it isn't much longer to reach the comfort of an inn." Talking more to himself than to Tsura, he turns to head to the village. "I hate the cold."

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Tsura gathers the child and her belongings and begins to play a light traveling song as they walk toward the town. The world seems a bit brighter as she plays expertly as they journey.

The Babe seems to enjoy the music as much as Tsura and Tsura walks with a slightly lighter step.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:39 pm

The pair, along with the babe, break camp and head down the road toward the nearby town. The trip takes half the day, but soon enough the outlying homes of the village come into view. A farm here, a small orchard there, and a stream that travels right through the east side of town all break up the homes. The homes are simply mud and wood creations with thatched rooves and stone chimemies that breath smoke at all hours of the day.

Its a sleepy village, no more than a few score of families and almost not even worth the attention of a royal tax collector (almost). The center of the village holds a small well, some fading flowers planted there by the old women of the village, and a few larget buildings including the run down Church to the Enternal Fire, and a small tap room and boarding house that goes by the name of "The Slaughtered Lamb".

An sample reading from "Cults and Religions of the Nordlings" by Stefan Keller

"Among the numerous faiths of the Nordlings, the most widespread is the cult of Melitele, a goddess in three forms: young girl, mature woman and old hag. Melitele is a Mother Goddess, caring for her children. Primarily women pray to her, though men in need might also utter supplications. The religion is a vestige of the old matriarchy and testifies to the weakness of the Nordlings - people who worship female deities are soft-hearted and incapable of preparing their sons for war.

In recent years, the cult of Melitele has found a rival in the cult of the Eternal Fire, which came out of Novigrad. Clerics of the Eternal Fire demonstrate fanaticism and almost complete devotion. The religion is hostile toward any form of otherness, including nonhumans. The Order of the Flaming Rose is the cult's military arm.

The treatise also examines other faiths, including the cult of the Lionhead Spider."

"Worshippers of the Eternal Fire believe in the undying flame as a symbol of survival and a guide through darkness. They view it as a harbinger of progress and better days to come. Clerics of the Eternal Fire oversee the faithful as well as their temples, where flames burn continuously. The Order of the Flaming Rose is the cult's militant arm."

Shirnes to the Eternal Fire
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 am

"Well, we're here" James says, more releaved than happy. "The babe needs to have a place to stay while we continue on our mission, that is if you are still coming. Your husband may still be out there somewhere. If you can find suitable arrangements for our small one, I will attempt to find more information on these bandits from the local tavern."
What is the reaction to us coming into town. Are the people on the street reacting to me, the gypsy, or just to the fact that there are strangers here? Are they alarmed that strangers are here?

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:12 am

"I think I may have some sort of a chance if'n I ask about a place for this baby to stay a bit. He is a Gypsy baby an' I hope I can fin' someone kind o' heart." Tsura looks down at the sleeping baby. "I will raise you an' give ya a good strong name."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 pm

As the pair head into town moving toward the center of the village, the few people that they meet make the Sign of the Eternal Flame at the sight of a Witcher AND a Gypsy. The pair certainly recieve a cold welcome from those they meet. Uneducated and suspicious people the villages give you both a wide breth and no one goes out of thier way to speak to you.

Before the pair realizes it they are standing in the middle of the village near the well, the tavern looks in front of you, the run down church to your right. A barking dog in the distance calls out to its master as a few people shuffle around the square.
If you've played the game, this location is very much like the opening town Outskirts of Vizima, in appearance. Poor common folk.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 am

Never got into the Witcher game...always thought of it as a Diablo wanna-be FPS, which isn't saying much since I didn't care for Diablo either.
James casually walks towards the tavern door, allowing his coat to flow behind him in the wind. He keeps his hat low to hide the scar across his face and enters the bar.

Finding a corner table comfortably in the shadows, he sits, patiently waiting for a waitress to come his way.
Scan the room for people that "just don't fit in" ie...some that may be bandits in town. Otherwise look for one that may be more cooperative (not as disturbed about a Witcher in town).

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 am

Tsura sighs. "Another one o' these towns - maybe I c'n get a coin or two." she thinks. Tsura locates a place where the fire will light her to best advantage and takes out her loot. She plays a lively tune with a great deal of skill while the baby slumbers upon her back.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:26 pm

**** Inside ****

The Witcher heads toward the tavern door and an old woman passing by makes the sign of the Eternal Fire and croons, "You're and ill omen Witcher!" She lumbers away as quickly as she can. James pushes on the heavy wooden door and steps into the tavern known as the Slaughtered Lamb. The room is lively, with games of Dice Poker being played, men drinking, and a few men in the back corner punching one another in a "friendly" game of boxing. A few people pause mid drink to look up at the Witcher, and instantly whispers begin to spread among them.

Before the Witcher can even get to his seat a busty young barmaiden strides up to his, "What can I get fer you huney?" She tucks her tray under her arm and ruffles her hair for maximum effect.

**** Outside ****
Tsura sighs, another town that doesn't care for gypsies, its becoming more and more common these days. As a child her caravan was welcomed in every town they arrived in, now its harder and harder to find someplace that welcomes the traveling folk.

Tsura however makes the best of it, and outside of the tavern are several small areas where others have made fires, travelers that couldn't aford a room will spend the night near the tavern, and atleast have that illusion of protection. Tsura sits down at one of the fire pits, about fifteen feet from the Slaughtered Lamb and lights the fire. She starts a lively tune on her lute the music drifting through the town square. On her back sling the baby slumbers at the moment. It doesn't take too long for a few children to arrive, standing off a bit watching and listening with interest.
Okay, since you split up at the moment, one outside and one inside, I'll post like I have in this post to show Inside and Outside.