LTGD 3

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

LTGD 3

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Welcome QuixoticNeurotic and PennyLane to the game! Ask me anything you need to know!

Grimbold

Re: LTGD 3

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:57 pm

It is winter in the Northern Wastes. Even in this cold season, the tribes are fighting over land, food, resources and even honor. In the southwest are the lands of the Sigurdson tribe, a tribe of merchants and hunters. In the north and east are the lands of the Rathgar tribe and the Fromgard tribe. These two are having a decade-old bloody feud.

In the snow-covered lands, the transportation of choice is the dog sledge, and so good dogs are prized by all the tribes.

Bjorn Sigurdson is the eldest son of the chief of the Sigurdson tribe. He is, at 23, already a fierce warrior.
Wulf Sigurdson is his younger brother, and more of a hunter than Bjorn. He is 20.

They were on an extensive hunt when they lost their way and, after two weeks in the wilderness, found some Fromgard tribesmen that gave them food and two men to guide them a bit on in return for almost all possessions of the two Sigurdson men.

Then, they were trapped by the Rathgar tribe: The four men were captured in large nets that the Rathgars threw over them.

Now, the two Fromgards and the two Sigurdsons are tied up in a tent awaiting their fate.

pennylane
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pennylane » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Wulf was not please with their current situation, not that anyone would be. He had told Bjorn that they were going the wrong way, but as usual his brother refused to listen, or maybe he just couldn't hear him over the dogs barking. Wulf thought that sometimes Bjorn tuned him out after a while, which was utterly frustrating. Surely he didn't talk that much!

No point in worrying about all of that now though. He wasn't sure where they were anymore either. He looked around the tent in which they sat, searching for anything that could possibly be useful.
Thank you so much for setting this up for us! We really appreciate it.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Just two hints: I, as most gms here on the site, prefer using the present, e.g. Wulf thinks it might be..., Wulf draws his sword and attacks, etc.
And I will mostly wait for both players to post before answering, so everyone gets a chance to post. In some circumstances, I will do it faster... OK?

pennylane
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pennylane » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Ok, I'll go edit it. That makes more sense!

pennylane
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pennylane » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Nevermind apparently I won't haha. I'll just keep it in mind next time, and tell QN.

QuixoticNeurotic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by QuixoticNeurotic » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Bjorn looks to his younger brother in frustration. "You're the big fancy tracker type, aren't you?! Why didn't you notice we were headed the wrong way? All the talking you do, you think you might have mentioned something about it," he says gruffly, in a rather low tone, trying to prevent calling any extra attention to their tent. He looks around himself, sizing up the situation. He has a small blade hidden in his boot, but can't quite reach it in his current situation. He continues to try and think of a way out of this. Thinking isn't exactly his forte.
Third person is feeling a little odd to me, but I went with it because that's what seems to be here already. I'd kind of prefer first person, especially if we're going for present tense. Just noting, it would be weird to shift point of view in the middle of things, though.

Also, thanks Grimbold, for hosting this for us! :3

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:46 am

Wulf looks aound the tent carefully. It is actually a tent built for living, obviously having been emptied of its inhabitants to make way for the prisoners. There is a fireplace in the middle and an opening for the smoke above it. It has the shape of a cone with strong poles stuck in the ground and crossing in the middle at the top. The walls are made from furs and skins of various animals, mammoth, bears etc. They are fixed somehow to the ground by smaller poles. Around the fireplace are several sleeping places, fur covered, man-sized holes in the ground. Wulf, Bjorn and the two others are lying in some of these. Most utensils and gear have also been taken out, only several spoons and a few carved wooden bowls are lying in one corner, perhaps to serve for feeding the prisoners. The fire is not burning at the moment and the cold is starting to creep in.
Nice to have you here!

Bjorn: I am assuming in this learner game that you really have a blade in your boot. But in most games, it would be a good idea to ask the GM if this is possible first. And you needed to actually have a dagger or something on your character sheet. But here, as I said, it is no problem.

Third person: This is actually the way all games (I know of) here are played. I am sure you will get used to it. Of course, in some "out of character" posts, like this one, the GM might refer to "you" as Bjorn or Wulf and tell you "you" have got a dagger in your boot. While I actually do not know if you (PL or QN) have a dagger in your boot, I do care if Bjorn or Wulf have one. Umm, I hope I have written this in understandable English...and not just some GM gibberish. Tell me what you think.

Anyway - enjoy the game and play on!

pennylane
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pennylane » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:45 am

"I kept telling you we were too far North!! You never listen to me!" Wulf tries to keep his voice down but his brother is so annoying. He swears Father always favored Bjorn for being the elder.

But that is of no consequence now. There has to be some way to cut these stupid bindings! "Well at any rate, we're here now, Bjorn, so we should focus on trying to find a way out." He takes another look around. "What if..." Wulf sighs. Nothing to cut the rope with, if we move around too much one of those dirty Rathgars might come in... He struggles against his bindings desperately.

Wulf looks over and sees Bjorn looking down at his boot and remembers the dagger he always keeps tucked away there. Those stupid Rathgars didn't even think to check their boots! He lowers his voice as much as he can while still being audible to Bjorn, "Hey brother...do you think you could move your foot over here without too much noise? I might be able to reach your boot..."

QuixoticNeurotic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by QuixoticNeurotic » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 am

Bjorn smiles at his brother, relieved. About time he makes himself useful with his chatter. Looking about again for any Rathgars, he motions to the Sigurdsons to remain silent, and shifts closer to his brother as best he can.
How exactly are we tied up? Would it be impossibly awkward or would it be possible to get in a position where Wulf could get to Bjorn's boot?