Shadowrun 4E: House of the Rising Son

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Shadowrun 4E: House of the Rising Sun

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

HERE IS A LINK to the 20th Anniversary Core Rules.

And

HERE IS A LINK to the Runner's Companion.

All you have to do is click on the Download icon near the top left and then on the Free Download one at the page it brings up. 20 seconds later it asks to save the PDF file in whatever location you so desire to. Mine tested negative for viruses, feel free to put them under whatever safeguarding scrutiny you wish.

Once again, let me know when and if you manage to get them so we can help one another create our characters.

Thanks!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Source restrictions?

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

None that I can think of other than make sure its 4th Edition Print and not some Fansite. Official magazines dedicated to 4th Edition would probably need review to make sure things are balanced, etc. Otherwise I'm pretty open.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 am

I just came up with our first mission and (barring any objection) would like it to serve as our "cutting teeth" period. That is, the mission that covers the transitionary period between being normal runners and official Renraku retainers.

I'd also like it to start off in Australia as well. Once completed (assuming you are all professionals and act as such) you will be taken on as retainers and flown to Japan. The game shall continue from there as needed.

I mention this now in case any of your concept backgrounds would work better in Australia rather than inside traditional Japan. Consider yourselves working under the guidance of Fatboy and Slim's contacts to gain employment (I'll flesh them out as time permits) and your long term goal(s) being that of landing a home within one of the prominent corporations there in Australia.

In this, our story's case, Renraku.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am

**EDIT** OK finished revision you can create thread now, Thanks!

Any chance of a GM moving this thread to the Game Forum? You can call it:

Shadowrun: House of the Rising Sun
It's been twelve long years since "The Year of the Comet" and Japan was forced to issue orders that would withdraw their troops from the surrounding regions of their Empire in order to help rebuild their devastated Homeland. Now, over a decade after the "Ring of Fire" incident later, the Land of the Rising Sun seeks to regain its former foothold in these lands long since abandoned by any serious forms of a military presence. Among the Corporations seeking to gain favor in their Emperor's eyes, Mitsuhama, Renraku, & Shiawase stand out as the three most prominent ones to do so. Having already slipped in favor in the past, Renraku Corporation has vowed to do so with fervency and once more reclaim their Number One position amongst the others. Enter our Players and Game.

House of the Rising Sun is a Shadowrun campaign set in the year 2073. Players assume the roles of a band of runners that is hired on under a Renraku Retainer. Their goal, that of reestablishing and maintaining a proper foothold in their Employer's formerly dominated territories outside of Japan. Missions will include: Lots of Wetwork, Political Espionage, an occasional Milk Run or two, as well as Lots and Lots of Para-military Activity. Join the ranks of the House of the Rising Sun today! After all, in an Imperial Empire filled with nothing but Blood-thirsty Corporate Cutthroats and Sneaky Underhanded Backstabbers, there can be only one House that truly rises to the occasion and outdoes the rest of the others. Can you help them become the House of the Rising Sun?

Shadowrun is a science fantasy role-playing game set in a near-future fictional universe in which cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist. It combines genres of cyberpunk, urban fantasy and crime, with occasional elements of conspiracy fiction, horror and detective fiction. The original game has spawned a vast franchise that includes a collectible card game, two miniature-based wargames, multiple video games, a series of novels and music. From its inception in 1989, it has remained among the most popular role-playing games still played today.

Game run by Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto himself, Eanwulf.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

Forum built under Misc games.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks TetNak!

Let's not graveyard this workshop for a bit though. I still need to steal some posts and migrate them on over to the new location.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 am

If I end up being insane and playing (that's if, mind you), I'd be interested in either a mage or a technomancer.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 am

We could even move the workshop to the OOC game thread if you want.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 am

So I am having an itchling to play this character:

http://s2.postimage.org/xalqsgt1l/lyssa ... 4plpq1.jpg

That would be a hacker or technomancer probably?

Even though it says spellcasting on the poster...hacker-mage sounds like spreading out thin.

Not much of an idea on where to start.