The Lost Star

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Let's start this!
Note: I'd like to play with a relaxed pace, as my annual summer slowness is coming up and there might be times where I am not online for a week or more. Still, I will try to press this on as often as I can.
The city of Magnimar offers all kinds of distractions, opportunities and job offers. You have been invited to meet Keleri Deverin, a minor noble of the city, to discuss such a job offer this evening. You still have a few hours to kill before the meeting.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Cliel Crowley has heard tales of the City of Monuments, and is eager to see the Irespan, its Thassalonian architecture a marvel of the ancient world!

He tries to makes some sketches that capture the grandeur of the ruined bridge before flitting through Bridgeward and the famous Golemworks, where the most skilled magewrights fashion arcane masterpieces.

But he is here on business as well as pleasure, and so hurries to make it - just in time! - to the Deverin house and its potential opportunity.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Carver the Butcher, sometimes just called "Carver" or "Butcher" is a skilled tradesmen as far as orc butchers go. Some hear the moniker and think he's some arena gladiator, but its not, he's a simple deli man, well half-orc. He's pretty typical for his kind, good sized, well muscled, grey skinned, and has no issues with hacking things up. For him its typically a side of beef, or a rare animal for some noble hunter who wants to impress some other nobles with his exotic meal.

He just finished a rotation with a small circus, traveling town to town, working at the circus' butcher and cook. He's grown tired of that, and has gotten his pay, so its time to move on. Of course it wasn't hardly enough. So when the chance for a new job comes, he takes it. With his iconic butcher's cleaver on his smock, along with a few cast iron forks and spoons dangling there, he heads off from his abode to meet Deverin.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Waiting outside of a medium sized villa for the butler to let them in, the unlikely pair meet for the first time.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Lithe, graceful, handsome, and smiling, Cliel extends a hand to the half-orc.

"Cliel Crowley, sir." He pronounces it to rhyme with 'holy'. "You've heard the word about work here too, I take it?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Thick, lumbering, handsome, and snarling, Carver takes the hand and shakes it.

"Carver the Butcher, " He pronounces it to rhyme with 'Carver'. "You'd be right. Here for some work."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 pm

The smile becomes somewhat fixed for a moment on hearing his new acquaintance's name. Finally, his eyes wander down, and understanding occurs.

"Oh, because of the cleaver."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:29 pm

"I'm a butcher, venison, boar, deli meats." He pats his cleaver at his side, "Make sausage too, but you don't want to see how that's made, little man like you, might get sick. Still, tasty stuff." He looks Cliel up and down, "Let me guess you are a poet or a musician, or maybe...an actor? Please for the love of the Gods don't tell me you are an actor."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 pm

"An acolyte, actually. Of Shelyn, so I'm a fair artist, but the bulk of my time has been taken up with service to The Eternal Rose."

Cliel hefts his backpack.

"I'd show you my sketches, but by the time I had them out they'd want us inside."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:44 pm

"Well a divine devotee is always a blessing to have on any venture." He looks around, "What do you know of these people? I don't know jackrabbit squat." He suck on one of his fangs and then turns about looking over the area and neighborhood. "These nobles, some of them don't know their head from his arse hole, others can be a cash cow, and others still can get you mixed up in some really terrifying stuff if you aren't careful."