The Lost Star

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Soon, the butler opens the front door again. "Milady will kindly talk to you now. Please follow me to the green salon." The bulter leads you to a room with sofas, a small table, a fireplace and paintings of nobles hanging on the walls. A surprisingly young woman in an expensive dress enters and says. "It is nice to meet you. I am Keleri Deverin. I need someone to retrieve my lost star."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Carver walks inside looking about, he's impressed, the place is nice, better than the last place he was working at. "Lost star? Meaning what? Some sort of gem, or is that a nickname for a child?" He points at the ceiling, meaning the sky, "I don't fly so if you mean a real star better call on someone else." He elbows Cliel in the side, smiling, "Know what I mean?" He gives a toothy grin.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:43 am

Cliel returns Carver's smile, then turns to the lady Deverin.

"We are, of course, eager to help, milady, but we'll need some more context if we're to be of any use to you."

Grimbold

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 am

"Well, it's a piece of jewellery. Let me explain: I am invited to a ball next week and I need to wear this family heirloom, the Star of Desna. When I wanted to recover it yesterday, I found my storage chamber in disarray, chests lay smashed about the room, shelves wwere knocked over. The steel lockbox that contained the Star was missing. There was a hole in the floor where the burglars had entered. There were goblin footprints and I saw the hole leads to the sewers below the house. But I also discovered a lone, injured goblin in the room. She was frightened and scared and begged for mercy.
I talked to her and found out some things. Her name is Talga, and explained her tribe, the Mudchewer Tribe had been enslaved by a brutish Hobgoblin named Drakus, who was forcing members of her tribe to dig into Basements all around town to rob longshanks of loot and treaure. She is sleeping here at the moment, but I can go and get her."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Grunting the large half orc takes a seat, "Really? Goblin hunting in the sewers?" He glances at Cecil, or Cedrick, or whatever the other man's name is, he's already forgotten. "I hate sewers, I hate tight spaces of any kind, but I really hate sewers infested with foolish goblins. We will get all bit up by the ankle biters, dull our blades, and come out stinking like shite, literal shite." He shakes his head, "If, and I mean If, I agree to this, I require something extra atop all the rewards you are about to offer us. A magical bath, and new clothing. I may not be all prefumed and fluffy like some nobles, but I can't stand smelling like shite."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 pm

"I never enter the sewers myself, but I recognize their necessity." Keleri Deverin says. "That is why I hire muscle and brains to do that for me." She smiles. "I will give you 20 gold each if you retrieve the Star on time. And with Talga's information, it might not even be too difficult for two such, ahem, fit men."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Lost Star

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Cliel nods. Showers are cheap, and twenty gold is twenty gold.

"Let's talk to Talga. This could go pretty easy for us, Carver."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 pm

"Famous last words Cliel." He grunts, "25 Gold, this Star must be worth more than 40 gold to you? And we keep anything we find along the way for yourselves." He waits for the negotiations to start.

Grimbold

The Lost Star

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:57 pm

I am slow in the summer months, so let's just do this at a relaxed pace.
The lady asks the butler to fetch the goblin, and soon he returns with a wretched looking goblin woman, who tells her story.
"We was stealing stuff and then some goblins revolted and were killed. Drakus often sucks their blood. Vampire he is, surely. He make us steal stuff. Me hiding, left behind to survive. Me can show you entrance to Ossuary, lair of the vampire. But me never ever enter that. Me draw sketch of map. Okay?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lost Star

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm

"Wait a vampire? I'm not so sure I want to take on a vampire! Those things are brutal, at least according to the myths and legends. Maybe you show us where the gem is, and where the vampire might be so we can avoid him." He looks again at Cleil, "I don't know about you, but I'm staying clear of any damn vampires."