1006 Adventures: Birthrights

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Loose Ends

Post by Bitom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Sayyid shakes his head, "I'm sorry, Kasib, but we cannot decide this for you. This is a spiritual pilgrimage, set upon all of us by a prophet of the enlightened Gods. I would encourage you to continue it, but not because we want or do not want it. It must be done only for your own soul or for the good of the world. Any other reason is beneath the mission at hand."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Ahmed, surprisingly actually responds to Kasib, evidently having cooled off through the course of the proceedings. "Hire a man your father trust to run the business while you are away Kasib. You are not the only one with a rich estate waiting for you at home. Some things are more important than money."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:38 pm

"As Sayyid says," Bashir adds, "we cannot make the decision for you. Fate has decreed that you are a Lion of Tomorrow. But to what end, I cannot say."

"From the short time I've been with you, I've seen that there is steel beneath the silk you wear. So you would be welcome in our further adventures. And if there's still room for improvement in your actions, it makes you no different than the rest of us. For who among us can claim to be perfect?" He makes a gesture showing his respect for what Fate brings us. "Life is a continual journey of improvement for us all."

"Of course there's much you could do for the Lions of Tomorrow from here," the mystic goes on. "As heir to the largest fortune in Dhiliz, you could help us in ways different than you do now, but no less important. That could be why Fate reunited you with your true father."

"But really it's for you to look into your heart and see what you think Fate means you to do."
OOC, I say if you want to keep playing Kasib, then I'm happy to give justification. But if you think this is a good spot to retire him, I'll welcome in a new character too. It's really your choice, Tet.

As for hiring an administrator, I have a feeling that Bassam would not agree with that. I think he's saying either Kasib takes up the full mantle of being heir himself, or not at all.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Ka'im nods his agreement with what Bashir says. "What Bashir says makes great sense. I know you were looking for wisdom from us to help you to make your decision, and that has been provided as little as it helps."

He looks around at the others. "It is still your choice, but there must be some reason that Fate has reunited you with your father, no?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:37 pm

Kasib bows to those that make their peace known. "I am humbled," he starts, "I have traveled with these men, some for many long months, and I do not know where our path my lead us, but I am willing to follow." The brash youth takes a deep breath and exhales, "For the moment I will not be able to tend to the duties of my father's mercantile business." He looks to Bassam and frowns, "I am sorry, but I am committed to my friends, I am committed to seeing them safe. I cannot abandon them. My heart would be haunted for the rest of my days if I were to do that. If I am to die in the pursuit of good and righteousness then let a hundred rawuns tell the tale of Kasib ibn Bassam and his companions!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:45 pm

Sayyid nods, seeming for what may be the first time pleased with Kasib's words. As the hubbub and family discussions inevitably progress, the Imam turns to Bashir. "I sstill have an appointment to keep, and I believe you wanted to speak with me. Would you care to join me?"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Ka'im waits to hear what Bassam says in response to Kasib's statement, but offers a smile to the man that has just decided to remain with the group for a while longer.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:04 pm

** Visting with the Emira **

Bassam looks utterly disappointed at Kasib's choice. Today he lost his wife, his second son and his newly returned to him heir. He inhales deeply and puts on a good show. "I understand my son. You must finish what you started, when you are done with that you shall return to me and take up your Birthright with me. Untill then you and your friends have a new home, I welcome you all as family and I insist that you remain with me as long as you need. There is no experation on hospitality among family."

Bassam then falls into conversation with the Emira setting up the proper line of succession for his fortune for when Kasib or Omar finally returns to run the family buisness. For now, Bassam is still ill, and that will never go away and he actually appoints a special representative of the Emira herself as financial guardian of the Reehan family fortune. Omar and Ksaib will both recieve a monthly stipend from the family wealth. It is many more hours of boring accounting and poltical conversations before you eventually find yourselves leaving the Emira's.

** The Reehan Estate **
Returned from a long day of trails and meetings everyone finds the comfort of the estate welcoming. All signs of the battle in the morning are gone, Noora has had things cleaned up, and the Mamluks are back on normal patrol around the house with the dogs. Bassam decrees that all of Mabruk's things are to be removed from the house, and that he desires none of it to remain within the family. As such, all of her possessions from her secret lab, her person, and her other chambers become available for the Lions of Tomorrow. Bassam is happy to give them to those who can put them to good use, a fitting revenge against the woman. The old man is growing tired and weary from all the activity of the day, and is prepairing to retire for the night when he make his last act for the day. Declaring you all heros of the house he promises a great reward to all of you in addition to Mabruk's things, his patronage of the Lucky Pahari and the use of his estate while in the city. By morning everyone is given a 4000 Dinar reward for their heroic action in saving Bassam and his family from his wife.
Effectively this chapter is over. I will award XP today, so please watch your email for XP and current character sheets. The next chapter will start about a week later, allowing everyone to heal, level up, loot, summon new Gen, buy items (magic too), etc. I'm not sure how I should do this. Perhaps I will start an Interlude thread and people can post to it what they'd like to do in the down time.

Please check the loot thread, I'll update it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:07 pm

"Yes please," Bashir replies to Sayyid. I have much to tell and would welcome your thoughts."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:43 pm

A week passes in the comfortable hospitality of Bassam Reehan...
Here ends the chapter. The next chapter will start after some OOC things are worked out, levels are upped, and shoping, etc is finished.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring