1006 Adventures: Birthrights

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Middle Aged Woman Defeated

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Kasib moves to help Wali, the Rawun sings a little song oftend herd while in the mosques on holy day. Wali's eyes flutter and he wakes up from Kasib's touch. "What! Where?" The Mamluk is in pain still, his body burned from the Efreeti's actions. Even healed by Kasib's power.
CMW +21HPs
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:08 pm

Ahmed tries to take it all in as everything swirls around him. He's spent the past few days unraveling mysteries that seem to have exploded in front of him. Looking about the room he curses the loregiver in his head, something to drink would be good right about now. "It seems I need gather no further evidence against your stepmother Kasib since she has convicted herself." Convinced that he isn't needed he heads over to the grieving Ka'im and places a hand on the mans shoulder. The two are not close and have only been companions for a short time, but still Ahmed gives the shoulder a squeeze and gives the man a sympathetic look. "He grieved as much when you left this world for paradise."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:40 pm

Ka'im smiles up at Abu, tears still in his eyes. "I would not wish to commandeer such an item, but if it is freely given, I'm sure Orman would like such a resting place."

He begins to gather the remains of Orman, placing them carefully into the vase.

He glances upwards as each of the men comes to give him comfort in his distress, a tight smile coming to his face each time.

Finally he has gathered all of Orman's remains within the vase before he looks up as Ahmed again. "As much as we jested with each other, we truly did love each other. Orman did not deserve such a fate."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:05 pm

Sayyid has begun to rise when Kasib steps in, then he falls back into his seat, knowing that the Rawun is a far better healer than he. When Bashir offers the potion, he shakes his head. "If you find someone in need of it, use it.... if I take it, I'm likely to drink it myself to make my lungs stop burning." He smiles, then sits back and closes his eyes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 pm

There is the sound of foot steps, the crash of something and then the noise of someone running down the steps. Everyone near the balcony is witness to Mahmud, Mabruk's loyal Mamluk racing off through the garden and out of the estate. If left alone he will escape into the streets never to be seen again, happy to be alive. Bassam just waves a hand, "Ah, just let him go."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:03 am

Sayyid raises a brow. "While his mistress still lives? I don't think that's the best course of action. He'll be back to save her." He looks to the mystic. "Bashir?"

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:24 am

Ahmed shakes his head, "This is business between a man and his wife. If he says to let one of his servants go listen to him. If he took action against you in Bassam's house and he forgives it, then take it up with the house's master." Why Ahmed, of all people is explaining a roughly lawful course of action is perplexing, "As for Mahbruk...again that's Bassam's choice...she committed no crimes to me so I will remain silent. Were we to take this to the authorities...they may well hold her and Bassam accountable for her actions under his roof. Better to let the husband decide justice."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:26 am

Abu and Wali glare out the balcony at Mahmud, "Oh he won't last long out there." The tattoed men are of a very dedicated order, for one of their own to turn on them like this, well thats a death warrent among them. Wali rubs his tattoed face. "Don't worry about him Imam, he will not get far, or live long enough to spread our shame."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 am

Bashir nods. He knows he could catch the man, and probably restrain him. But if Bassam does not wish him to go, then who is Bashir to question him. "The others are right, Sayyid. It's for Bassam to say right now. We can tell the city mamluks what happened and they'll see that he has no shelter in the honest parts of town. And the tattooed men will see that he has no shelter in the dishonest parts. Nowhere will be be truly safe; and nowhere will he find rest. Truly, he'd find more mercy if he turned himself in, confessed his wrongs, and begged for mercy in the Loregiver's name."

The mystic gives one last look at the fleeing mamluk. "But I fear as today's actions have shown, his judgment is not sound."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 am

Sayyid shrugs, then winces at the pain that the motion causes. "It was just that which I'd hoped to prevent. He was loyal in his way. But so be it."