1001 Adventures: A Flick of the Tail

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:07 pm

Ka'im grabs the broom without much in the way of a second thought and begins to PEEWS out the room. It takes him some time, since the broom itself is ratty and missing quite a few bristles.

In fact, the broom itself seems to be dropping more bristles than random junk it catches. He works at making the dust and dirt leave the room, through the open doorway, and into the room full of bones.

He then glances back over his shoulder to see what the old woman is doing. When she isn't watching him, he quickly sweeps the pile of crap he's collected into a corner, under a pile of bones.

There, that oughta do it.

He then turns to head back into the room, and notes a dirt trail that was left behind the broom as he went through.

His head sags and he sighs, but he begins again, taking a bit more time and making sure that the broom doesn't leave much behind.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:34 pm

Rambad listens closely to the womans words and it takes a while for him until he realizes what she really wants. He quickly covers his mouth and coughs and the pats him on the chest as if he has caught something. Though he picks up the comb and places himself behind her, and with a most gentle hand he starts to comb the womans hair, trying to make sure that he won't hurt her.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:23 am

The Rawun, Kasib, turns his face into a look or horror. Turning toward the rest of the group, he appears to be about to vomit, but does not.

Suprisingly, he turns around suddenly, a gigantic smile on his face.

"But of course!" He takes up the scissors, kneels, and starts choping away. Amazingly, he does as she asks, and sings as well.

"My mother's mother once said
son you need to hush
your mouth is mean
and quite unclean
someday you'll be taught
and here I am, below the road
clipping the toenails of some old toa..
beautiful lady!
Now I'll think twice before I snap
for now I'm a barber of the feet
and my let me say they do smell sweet!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Fick of the Tail

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:08 am

Orman, the earth gen, floats over the group and begins laughing outloud at everyone, "Oh what a sight! What a sight you brave adventurers are! You are quiet the cleaning crew." He flys around his master first who is sweeping with little effect as the broom leaves more in its wake than it lifts up. "Salam, butler!" He dives down at Rambad who is having a hard time brushing the woman's gnarled hair with the camel brush, a hard time at least trying not to hurt the old lady. "The maid servant, greetings!" With a swoop the gen circles Ahmad who has filled the fish's bowl with water, and is now happily scrubbing the left over pots and dishes. "The Chief bottle washer, effendi!" Finally the small genie floats just out of reach of Kasib, "And our fearless singing barber! O what a wondrous group of humiliated men you all make!" He laughs so loud that the old woman begins to laugh with him in her strange backward fashion. As the gen continues to circling and you all continue your humiliating degrading tasks at the old lady's request, the foul feeling around Kasib fades, the Evil Eye is removed from the bard. His song, is cleaver and uplifting suddenly and you all feel a bit more at ease with, even pity him for his task is certainly the worst of it. Then the old woman calls out, "!POTS" Its strange but you all just stop, and your tasks have all finished strangely at the same time. The floor looks cleaner, the dishes are done, the old woman's hair is neatly brushed, and her feet are well groomed. She reaches over and takes the fish and bowl of water its in and hands it to Kasib. ".edart riaf A" She motions at the others of the group, Ka'im, Ahmed, and Rambad and points at her piles and piles of junk. ".meti eno kcip hcae yam eerht uoY" She smiles a toothless grin (well she has 2 teeth in all)

She is pointing at the tiers of junk she has there, the piles include: two ceramic bowls (freshly washed), a freshly washed porcelain tea set, a purse with something inside it, a vial with some liquid, some tattered garments, a wooden bucket (filled with Ahmed's water), a silver spoon (freshly washed), a camel brush (with her hair clumped in it), a jambiya, a gold ring, a dented metal mirror, a silver earing (missing its match), a worn-out broom!, a gem-studded anklet, a small crystal prism, and an elephant goad.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sat May 01, 2004 1:16 am

Ahmed takes the gens comments lightly with only one reply at the taunting. "humility is immortality. It was onc said that the man who takes the head of the table will be placed in the lowest seat. The man who takes the lowest seat will be moved to the head." he waits for a moment pondering his words and continues to work the pots.

after the cleaning is done Ahmed drops to one knee infrount of the old women. "uoy knaht" then in normal speeh, "My they gods bless and watch over you" He stands and watches the others waiting for them to make thier slection of the gifts.

Ahmed leans over and looks into the bucket with the fish gen in it.
[/i]hope its ok...
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat May 01, 2004 1:44 am

The Rawun smiles, holding up the bucket, and fish inside. "Ah, very gracious!"

Kasib's smile does not fade, and he actually dances a small jig, that is until Ahmed approaches him. "I think she said this was mine." He pulls the fish away somewhat. "I mean ... ours."

His eyes scan the junk, not being overly impressed, his eyes divert to the fish again. "If this this is a genie, why is it just sitting their like a dumb fish?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sat May 01, 2004 4:04 am

The priest sighs when the fish is pulled from his view. "to trick you.. or maby its just a silly fish" the priest chuckles alittle bit.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 04, 2004 1:36 pm

Ka'im looks around, across the shelves of objects, across the group, and across the pot with the fish in it before finally settling his gaze on the old woman.

".serusaert rouy fo reffo eht rof uoy knaht tub ,hsif eht rof emac ylno I"

He glances around at the others once again to see what they do. Then he looks for Orman.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 04, 2004 3:00 pm

Orman flies down and lands on Ka'im's shoulder. "You are very kind master to refuse the old woman's offer." The gen looks around at the others that were offered a pick from the tiers of things. "Hurry up you others, we need to get that genie fish back into the ocean!" The gen flies back up into air and heads for the door, pausing right at the entrance to the room. "Oh wonderful, you all have to swim back to the well and them make the climb? This should prove intresting effendis!" The small earth genie floats at the door awaiting the others to head out.

Two options await your exit. Either back to the cistern and then the well and a climb up to Babazadeh and Kahlid and Yusef. The other back to the cistern and then to the room where the centipedes were killed, and out the windows.

Either way the genie fish looks up at Kasib, pleading to be taken to the sea. There are no words, but there is a strong feeling of this coming from the fish.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 04, 2004 5:35 pm

Ka'im looks over at Orman, "I only came for the fish, why would I want anything else?" He smiles, and then thinks about what else the gen has said.

Man, two choices, both of which involve swimming. Back to the well only involves a section of swimming, to the room with windows, 2 sections of swimming. But, the well has that loudmouth at the top, waiting for us. Hmm...