1001 Adventures: A Flick of the Tail

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed May 05, 2004 10:01 pm

Ahmed smiles as he watches the Rawun's actions. The priest quickly says a small prayer for the fish, hoping that it will not be cought by the fishermen.

"I think it will enjoy the sea's air."
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu May 06, 2004 1:01 pm

Smiling, Ka'im looks over at Ahmed and then towards the bucket containing the fish.

"I think it'll enjoy the sea water more!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A Flick of the Tail: Into the Sea

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 06, 2004 1:29 pm

The Rawun draws back the lid and the genie fish nearly leaps from the bucket on its own. Then our esteemed Kasib swings the bucket backwards and swoops it forward tossing both the fish and the bucket's contents up into the air. In one long arch our Fated heros watch as the fish flicks its tail in mid air, a smile on its face (if it had lips)

"I tell you my friends, what came next was a true gift of the genies. My friends tossed the genie fish into the sea and when the creature struck the surface of the salt water something magical happened! That was no genie fish but it was not a normal fish either. As it struck the water's surface it ploymorphed into a beautiful woman but in place of legs she had a great long tail. It was in fact a mermaid!" -- Yakub The Razor giving a shave to one of his costomers.

The mermaid dives and swims about the bay in a flick of her tail joyfully returned to the water. She then swims up to the water at the edge of the dock that all of you stand on. "Thank you so very much! I am Salana, a pahari of the bay." She flicks her tail splashing water playfully about her. "It feels so good to be back in the water! However can I thank you brave heros." The pahari is a beautfull young mermaid, her scales matching the patterns and colors of the fish that only moments ago Kasib had locked in a bucket. Emerald and rainbow scales reach from her torso down a long tail, while spiky hair and small fin like protrutions cover her back. She dives under the water, resurfacing a few feet from where she started! "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for saving me!"

ImageSalana
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu May 06, 2004 1:51 pm

Amazement crosses Ka'im's features as the fish performs its transformation.

"Wow, it really enjoyed the sea water more!"

He looks over the genie fish swiming playfully in the waters of the bay.

"You're welcome, Salana."
OOC: Using Knowledge(Genie Lore) +9 or Knowledge(Arcana) +5, have I ever heard of the Pahari before?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 06, 2004 8:39 pm

"Salana," repeats the Rawun, Kasib. The grumpy Rawun has the biggest smile on his face that you could ever imagine.

He bows his head, "My pleasure." He looks around at the others and shrugs, "Our pleasure."

Drawning into a silence, he thinks of tales and songs and rewards of heroism. "Many tales have I heard of your kind, maiden, but never in my years had I hoped to meet such a beauty as you."

"How did you get to be a fish?" he blurts out, obviously the strain of such a question festers in his mind. "And captured by the dolt?" He refers to the large man at the top of the well.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Fri May 07, 2004 2:24 am

Ahmed smiles at the magic-bender "I was more thinking that the water would be the fishs a--". His words stop at he watches the transformation.
His jaw drops abit "wasnt expecting that"
oh, my, shes topless
Ahmeds eyes devert from her as often as he can make them, never seeing a mermaid before that is.

"Ye be very welcome me friend"
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 07, 2004 1:46 pm

Salana looks a bit ashamed as Kasib asks here his questions. "It is a silly story to be certain effendi. I changed myself into the fish, so that I might swim into your harbor and safely watch the goings on here of the people. I thought the form of a fish would be less obvious than that of my natural form." She's right about that! When the priest does look at her, she bats her eyelashes, and flicks her head just enough to hint at more of her obsence nude torso. "I was swiming away when I swam right into the fisherman's net! Goodness me I was scared and the man quickly hauled me out of the water before I could transform back to my natural form." She treds water on the dock with ease, "You see, I'm still young for my kind, and my powers are linked to the sea. When that ugly old man took me from the water it was too late for me to change back. Oh, but the young man in the market saved me until you came to get me down in the well." She bats her eyes again at the Rawun, and the Corsair this time.

"I must thank you all for your help, and your brave heroism in the face of that old woman!" She motions for you to all stay here then dives under the water. She is gone for several minutes, everyone just stands, a bit charmed by her beauty, and dumbstruck. Not long later she re-emerges from the water, her scales and skin glistening from the water. In her arms she holds a dozen oysters. Dropping the shellfish on the dock and at your feet the pahari smiles again and thanks you all, "Thank you all so much! If you ever need my help just come here and call my name and I, or my sisters, shall come to you." She means here, as in here in the water. With that she waves and dives into the water, not far out into the bay you see several more Pahari awaiting her, they look like sisters perhaps. When the mermaid reunite they all wave to you on the shore and then vanish under the waves.

Orman gives a whistle, "Fine friends you have master!" He lands on the dock and gathers up 3 of the 12 oysters. "I have your 'treasure' master." With a chuckle on his lips the Earth Gen shakes his head, "All that for a little snack! Ha, lets go and get your gear master." He waddles off, Ka'im's share of the loot in hand.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 07, 2004 4:24 pm

Kasib sits there with a goofy grin on his face. "I am in love," he says, sighing afterward as the mermaid swims away.

He stands there staring out to sea, and seems transfixed on the crashing waves and breeze. Suddenly, he shakes his head, looking at the oysters lying upon the groun.

The Rawun's head moves over toward Orman, but does not reply. He simply bends and scoops up three shells. "I wonder ..." He stuffs two into his pocket, while attempting to pry the last open.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

A Pearl To You

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 07, 2004 4:52 pm

Kasib walks away all crosseyed but he fiddles with the oyster. He is forced to take out his jambiya to get the shellfish open. The bard's luck is terrible today and he slips with the dagger and slices into his hand. The blood isn't bad, and the cut isn't deep, but his pride is surely wounded. The oyster however does come open....

....inside is a pearl! Kasib then goes about opening the other two oysters, both times he avoids slicing his hand open. The second oyster is empty, other than the meat, the third however also holds a white pearl.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri May 07, 2004 8:44 pm

Ka'im looks at Salana as she relates her tale. "That is quite an adventure that you've had, Salana. Hopefully things will go better for you now though. Be careful of more boats."

As Salana swims away, he turns, looking over the rest of the group and smiles at Orman. "Thanks, Orman. Yeah, lets go retrieve the gear."

He thinks about the gen's comment for a moment. "You eat oysters, Orman?"