1001 Adventures: A Flick of the Tail

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 12, 2004 11:31 pm

The Razor looks amazed, "A mermaid?! Why may the fates never end their wonderment! Do you hear that Babazadeh? You had caught yourself a mermaid, ha!" He looks at the other for confermation and the others show signs of agreement. Continuing the barber adjusts his fex once more, "Well you found a mermaid, and obviously she is not here. What ever happened?"

After a sort time the story is told, leaving out a few embarasing parts, as well as the part about the pearls. Babazadeh throws his hands up into the air still bemoaning the loss of all his wealth at the sale he could have made. Khalid is wide eyed at the tale and finally he bows to everyone, "I have spent long enough here. Thank you for the story, but I must return to work!" He realizes suddenly this fact and run off out of the bazaar the way he came to the north. Yakub is also very intrested. "A great tale, a tale worthy of heros. Told so wonderful as well." He compliments the Rawun on his tale as it is Kasib that tells most of it. "It seems now that you all have not gained much from this, other than the friendship of the old woman and the young pahari. A pahari! My wonder I still can't get over that. Yet you have spend great time, with little reward. That reminds me of something, something that perhaps you would all be intrested in. A slight venture to make a bit of wealth?"

Babazadeh just pouts near the well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu May 13, 2004 1:41 am

Ahmed eyes Babazadeh.
"their is more weath to the adventure then you'd think. How often does one meet a beautiful young mermaid in thier life time?"
His eyes are fixed on Babazadeh as he speeks, wondering.. making sure he doesnt try something stuipid.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu May 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Ka'im interjects little details here and there in the story told by the Rawun. Just little touches to steer the story more towards truth.

After the story is complete, he listens to the Razor's offer. "How big of a venture is a slight venture?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 14, 2004 8:00 pm

Kasib shrugs his shoulders, knowing he has two extra pearls in his pocket. "Sure, why not."

He walks around to the Razor. "What do you have in mind?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 14, 2004 8:06 pm

So here ends the adventure "A Flick of the Tail" Our brave heros have gained themselves some allies as well as a few pearls that can easily be sold in the markets of Muluk. The group recieves, per character 1000 Experience Points each. This is not enough to level anyone to 3rd level, but that places everyone at the half way mark.

The Second of the "One Thousands and One Adventures" storyline will pick up on a new thread within this forum. Any new players are now welcome to join in, as well anyone that feels they can't or don't want to continue on can leave here (I hope no one does). The next adventure "Suitable Donations" picks up where "Flick of the Tail" leaves off. Excellent role paly everyone. I would love to recieve Persnal Messages on how you felt it went, or ideas and suggestions for making things better the next time around. Please now turn your attention to the the new thread inthe Zakhara Forum...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring