1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Dhiliz Bazaar

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Dhiliz - At the Bazaar

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:41 am

Kasib quips, "Oh, not a problem, effendi." He looks over the man, "I am sorry, I have never been here before, who did I ...." His head quickly jerks, spotting something nearby. "Uh," he whispers to his companions, "We might have people far too interested in us. Perhaps we should head back to the mosque?"

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:47 pm

Noticing the extra attention Ahmed nods. "I'm not sure what is going on...but I smell trouble." Looking at the eel meat the other two are consuming his nose wirnkles, "Among other things."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:58 am

Rambad glances around as a few nearby merchants whisper to one another, giving sly glances at the group. The air seems to hang still, the wind from the south carrying its sea salt dies down as everyone takes and holds their collective breaths. Kasib watches, almost in slow motion, as someone points at him. Another nods in reply his fez slipping from from head.

Then the crowd errupts into chaos. Bursting from the center of a group of shopper is a heavily overweight woman in her late fifties, with oily, pudgy fingers that smell faintly of fish, (she just finished eating a smoked eel kebab at the bazaar). She is dressed in silk garments and has a glowing
smile. Tears of joy are streaming down her face. She charges, like a rogue camel, right through the bazaar patrons, trampling them as she goes dropping several bags of fruits and vegtables. She crashes into the party bowling Rambad and Ahmed off their feet tossing them both to the ground. Her massive, fat jiggling arms, reach out and wrap around Kasib. Her voice squeels in utter delight, "You have finially come home! After all these years! Oh praise Fate! We had given you up for dead, won't your father be so pleased!" She continues to hug and squeeze Kasib with her eel smelling figers held tight, interlocking with each hand as she hugs and hugs the rawun.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Kasib squeals, throwing his arms up into the air as he is hugged by the fat woman. "Help! She's going to eat me!" Kasib attempts to steal away and jump behind Rambad. "What are you talking about woman!?!" he grunts, "I have no idea what you are speak of! I am from Muluk, and have never seen you, or any other of these people in my entire life!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Ahmed rises to his feet slowly, stepping back away Kasib and into the crowd. As he said before he isn't one for being the center of attention. He keeps a close eye on the scene, but tries to disconnect himself from being associated with it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Kasib is grappled tight, and Rambad is just picking himself up off the ground as Ahmed is. The fat woman lifts Kasib into the air a few feet and then sets him down with another squeel. "Oh don't be silly! You look just like your father. You are the spitting image of Bassan Reehan! You can be none other than his long lost son!" He sets Kasib down, and Rambad makes it to his feet and looks around at the others, noting Ahmed's retreat. The eel merchant nods his agreement, "Pardon me effendi, but the nursemaid is right, you look just like the merchant Bassam." He speaks with a wide smile on his face, seemingly pleased to be talking to Kasib now. A few other onlooks begin to nod and confirm the fat woman's words.
Kasib's Status +3 in Dhiliz
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 pm

"Well, he must be a handsome man!" Kasib boasts, "But I assure you, I am not Bassam's son." He waves to the people, "Now, excuse us," he says, looking at Rambad. "We have important business." Kasib attempts to flee through the crowd and get away to the mosque as quickly as possible.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:20 pm

The fat woman blocks Kasib's first move, she is wide, and just as he steps around her the other way, she isn't nimble, she shouts at the man. "He is as handsome as he is rich!" Rambad takes off with Kasib both men escaping from the larger woman while Ahmed is slipped off silently into the crowd, even he can't escape the on looking crowds however, friends of Bassam's sons are cearly important men.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:28 pm

"I already am rich!" Kasib says, "But, my father's name is Khalid Al-Fatu of Muluk." He nods slightly, "Sorry to disappoint you." He leans over to Rambad, "Let's get out of here! This crazy lady is scaring me!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Ramad nods, and the two take off into the crowd to the shoutings and dismay of the fat nursemaid...

Ahmed can easily keep up with them if he desires to.