1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Mistaken Identity

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: 1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Mistaken Identi

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:08 pm

Ahmed gets a strange feeling about this family and then exits the house. He notices several low windows, as well as higher windows near to some nice palm trees that grow dangerously close to the house. He heads out and moves off to the bazaar seeking The Monkey Man...
Reopening your solo thread, we'll move the posts to there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Kasib jumps, "Oh, so sorry," he says, truly frightened. "I got lost. Looking for the lavatory." He forces a laugh, "Let me just close this for you, you look a bit under the weather." Kasib leans forward and attempts to grab the door and pull it closed. If successful, Kasib races back downstairs as quickly as he can without making a scene.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Kasib reaches out to grab the door, and lays a hand on it. He tugs, but the door seems stuck! It won't close, but nothing blocks it way, and it isn't wedged on the floor. The ghostly woman turns and looks right at Kasib sending a shiver through his spine. Kasib has looked into a mirror many a times (how else does he stay so handsome) and the woman looking at him now looks very much like his own mirrored face. The family resemblance is stunning. The Ghostly woman's frowning face turns into a smiles, as he voice whispers across the room, "...Ubadha? You have finally returned to me..." She stands up and starts to float across the room, her loving arms outstrenched to give her son a hug, but before she is halfway across the room she fades into nothingness, whisps of smoke vanishing into the air.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:18 am

** GULP **

Kasib turns and unceremoniously runs, dashes, jumps, and gets downstairs as fast as he can. He pauses, breathing heavily, at the bottom of the stairs. He taps his crotch, making sure he has not wet himself, and sighs when he realizes he is quite dry, save for the sweat covering his entire body. "Maybe understanding this riddle is not so important ...." The man walks back to where Raheem and the Mamluk are waiting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Kasib takes off with a bolt. He nearly throws himself down the stairs in a tumbling fall, but he keeps his footing. He doesn't try and close the door after the display from the ghostly figure. He checks himself, and hasn't wet himself, so there is something positive. He tries to straighten up and walks back to Rambad and the Mamluk Wali. Rambad gives a smile to see Kasib is back so quickly, but still a bit longer than a trip to the bathroom might take. "Ah Kasib, good, I thought perhaps that curried beef last night was too much for your system to take. I was just talking to Wali here and he said the master Bassam Reehan should be returning home with his second son Omar, Ubadha's younger half brother." Rambad is carefull not to call Kasib Ubadha, but is clear he wants Kasib to know he might have a half brother. Come lets sit and play a game of chess while we wait.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:37 am

Kasib nods slowly, looking particularly pale. He sits down without a word and just stares at Rambad. Eventually he nods and takes a deep breath. "Yes, well, I got lost. And it was not fun." He shakes his head and shakes his head, waiting for Bassam and Omar to return.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:37 pm

Just as the long shadows of the afternoon start to darken the news of Bassam's arrival hits the household. The servants are a buzz, and Wali leads Kasib and Rambad into the front hall to welcome home Bassam. As the trio arrives in the hall, Mambruk, Bassam's second wife comes from her labratory to greet her husband with a loving smile. Noora also shows up with a few items that the master always enjoys when he arrives home.

The front doors open and in walks Kasib...no Kasib in 20 years, no its Bassam. The likeness of Kasib to Bassam is absolutely stunning, there can be no doubt either Kasib is Bassam's son, or he is a younger clone of the man. Bassam however is older, and he appears even more old made so by his sickness, the Grey Fevor that he had, but has recovered from now. He leans heavily on a young man's arm. Omar is Bassam's second son, had by Mabruk. Omar is several years younger than Kasib, but he bares many of the same appearances as his father, and his half brother Kasib. The two walk into the grand hall and Bassam looks up and right at Kasib.

The room is dead silent, and Bassam gasps, choking back a rain of tears that strikes him on seeing Kasib. "My son you have returned to me. My prayers have been answered!" He hobbles forward letting go of Omar, strength in his body renews enough to give his long lost son a giant hug.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Kasib cannot help to question his lineage after seeing the man. He stands, now just getting calmed down from his spook upstairs. He wraps his arms around Bassam, allowing himself to be hugged. He takes a deep breath, thinking about what he will say next.

"Hello," he says, "I am called Kasib." He helps hold up Bassam with his left arm, "Though, I suppose you would know me as Ubadha, though I never considered I was anything other than Kasib." He pauses, shakes his head, "I cannot help realize our remarkable likeness."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Bassam steps back, letting Kasib hold him up with his arm as he gazes into Kasib's eyes. Tears are swelling in his own eyes, "Kasib? It is a likeable name, worthy of my son. You are truely a man, oh all the years we have missed together. Oh the sorry your kidnapping has brought on my house, your pour mother." He shakes his head and lowers it, seeing Kasib's sandals. He slowly looks from Kasib feet to his head, "You are dressed in rags my son. This will not do, Noora!" He snaps a finger at the nursemaid, "I want the cities finest tailors in here at once. My son shall ne be dressed as a beggar, he deserves the finest things his father can offer him." He glaneces at Rambad to the side, "His bodyguard as well." Rambad is about to speak up but desides to let that comment go if it means some new clothing. "Come my son, my legs are not what they once were, I would know all about your life. Where you were raised, your hopes and dreams, and what has brought you back to me."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:19 pm

Kasib nods and aids Bassam to the nearest seat. He aids the man to seat himself and gives a look to Omar before doing so himself. He does not resist the offer of clothing. "This is my friend, Rambad," he says, "He is a good fellow. I call him the Ghulslayer. He has destroyed many a ghul."

Kasib clears his throat, "I am from Muluk. My father was a merchant from said city." He frowns, "I am not sure what to make of all this. I am very confused." The man shakes his head, "I am a rawun adventurer!" he comments, getting slightly happy that someone asked him a tale. "I have fought against great evils with my friends. Rambad here included."