1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Sayyid in Dhiliz

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: 1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Sayyid in Dhili

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:53 pm

Jibreel smiles at the young Imam and breaths in deeply, the smell of the flowers in the garden delightful to his nose. "Through the mists of ignorance shall one gain knowledge. Those words were writen in the texts relating to Suhail. You are young and idealistic to think the Ajami could come to enlightenment. However you speak true about teachings. It is our job to teach, but even here in Dhiliz the Ajami are not liked." He sighs, "I do not know who turned this woman away, but if you send her to me, I will do my best to teach her the Law of the Loregiver and of Zann." With a wrinkled tanned hand he reaches out and touches Sayyid on the shoulder like a grandfather to a grandchild. "You will make a fine Imam of Zann, and do Suhail proud." The old man closes his eyes and begins to breath slower and slower as he drifts into a nap.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Sayyid backs out quietly and lets the old priest nap. He didn't expect things to go so easily, and he knows to let sleeping dogs lie. Satisfied with the answer he's been given, he makes his way back out of the mosque.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 pm

Sayyyid is heading out of the gardens of teh Mosque when he spots nearing the building Ahmed. The Sa'luk is moving alone, he left with Kasib and Rambad and returns just himself. The two meet up on the front stairs of the Mosque.
Welcome Ahmed (od) into this thread from his Solo.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 pm

As Ahmed enters the mosque he waves to Sayyid to grab his attention. "Hail Sayyid, has your research proven fruitful today? I'd give a good few golds to get out of this city soon." His smile never leaves his face as he speaks, but the truth of his words can easily be heard.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:11 am

Sayyid changes his path and meets up with Ahmed. At some point in his days travels, the guide has aquired a silver pendant that bears the symbol of Zann, much like the imams of Zann wear. "Actually Jibreel found what we needed last night for us. We will need to book passage on a ship to get to our next destination, and so our coming and going is, I'm sorry to say, dependant on the wind, the tides, and the whim of the ship's captain."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:27 am

"So we're in trouble, since fate seems to hate our party. Well, hopefully whatever passage we land won't be leaving until tomorrow. Then I won't have to decide if I ever want to come back to this city again." Ahmed doesn't explain his strange comment, but then he and Sayyid have rarely talked together.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 am

Sayyid nods. "I've got some things to do tomorrow, too... but don't worry. My experience is that ships are never leaving soon, and never on time even if they are."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 pm

"Let us hope." Looking around and seeing none of the others he chuckles a bit, "And let us hope none of the others have found trouble, particularly Jaabir or Kasib, troubles comes to those two like moths to a flame if all their tales are to be believed."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:39 pm

As the two stand talking in the afternoon sun of the humid city, they see nearing the Mosque two familar figures trailed by a third that they don't recognize. So it is that Kasib and Rambad, along with a tatooed Mamluk unknown to the men, come strolling up to the steps of the Mosque. Rambad pats Kasib on the upper up, "Look there is the Sa'luk now, I knew it was up to no good harassing that Imam of Zann." Rambad blinks as he gets closer, "Oh wait, that's Sayyid." The corsair seems a bit confused by the new holy symbol around Sayyid's neck. The mamluk seems to be acting as a bodyguard to Kasib, and the two are comfortable enough with the man following them.
Welcome back Kasib and Rambad, along with the Mamluk Wali trailing them.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:42 pm

Sayyid nods to the two at they approach. He gives the Mamluk an odd glance for a moment, then ignores him, as he doesn't appear to be arresting anybody. "Kasib... there's a woman in the market that I promised a visit from you. She is from Muluk and misses home greatly and although you've been gone from the city for some time, your news and songs of home will greatly please her, as they will be more recent than hers."