1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Sayyid in Dhiliz

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: 1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Sayyid in Dhili

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Kasib nods, "A bath would be mighty fine." He gives a look at Rambad, "Him especially!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:18 pm

"Jibreel is sleeping," says the guide, now wearing the pendant of a priest. "but there are no shortage of pages with which to leave a message. Kasib, we should perhaps visit the market. An invitation to a noble house delivered by me, a man who does not even know where it is, will likely be laughed at."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Kasib looks around, confused, "Who are we inviting?" He seems to have lost track of what is going on as he thinks on some things he has seen in the last few hours.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Sayyid turns to Kasib and speaks slowly, like you would to a slightly retarded puppy. "The woman. In the market. From Muluk. The one I promised you would visit and then you decided that you would invite to your brand-new father's feast."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 pm

"Oh yes! Her!" Kasib nods, "I totally forgot about her, since you said she was plain in not so many words." He waits for Sayyid to lead, "I will come and offer her a fine meal!" He smiles happily afterward.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:49 pm

A message is left with a page at the Mosque, it will be delievered to Bashir, Ka'im or Jabiir if they return here looking for the group. The message tells them to meet you at the Jasime Dream and to be ready for a dinner party this evening. After the message is left the group heads off first to find the halfling woman that Sayyid has promised a visist from Kasib.

** Some time later **

Sayyid, Kasib, Rambad and Ahmed stand in the Open Bazaar in a corner of the area where scrolls and inks, and such other writing items are sold. Sayyid has taken you all to a stall where a small, rather plain (not ugly) halfling woman is finishing a sale to a rather brutish half orc looking fellow. The deal is made, and the half orc is recounting his money, "Wait. I give you five gold not five silver." The woman shakes her head, "Oh yes I am sorry, here, this should cover it, just give me those back." There is another moment, some more coins change hands, and finally the brute nods, a long steel tube in one hand, a serious amount of short change in the other. He heads off into the bazaar happily ignorant to the fact he was ripped off and searches out an eel kabob.

The halfling woman puts her coins into her lockbox and steps up onto a box behind her stall smiling, "Cases, containers, boxes!" She goes about shouting her items to the crowd.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 pm

"As I promised, lady of the cases," breaks in Sayyid. "Allow me to introduce Kasib, the nine-fingered Rawun of Muluk."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:15 pm

"Lady of Cases?" quips Kasib, shrugging, then bowing to the halfling. "I am Kasib, indeed." He looks around and nods, "And, of Muluk, as Sayyid has said." He waits for the halfling to say something before continuing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:41 pm

The female halfling looks Kasib up and down, "*This* is your Rawun? I thought he would be more handsome." She jumps down from her soap box, litterally, and walks around the front of her stall covered in scroll cases. She looks Kasib up and down, and at his finger. "Oooo, he needs a bath too. Sayyid you didn't say he would be so...wild, are you sure he's from Muluk." She walks around Kasib as if inspecting a camel, she even reaches out and flips at his garments and gear. "Hmmm, a Zither huh? How common, but I guess not unexpected." She then moves back to her stall and climbs back up. "You owe me a song from home, and news of our fair Muluk." She puts her hands on her hips and waits for it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:52 pm

Ahmed chuckles lightly to himself as the halfling inspects Kasib like a hunk of meat on a hook. Leaning into Rambad he whispers, "Ah it seems Sayyid is about to get in trouble for traffic low quality goods."