1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Jabiir in Dhiliz

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: 1006 Adventures: Birthrights - Jabiir in Dhili

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 am

Jabiir has always felt uncomfortable in the more civilized areas of the world. As the press of people on the docks grows he becomes increasingly more short tempered. any trace of a smile that might have been on his face quickly vanishes. He meets people approaching near him with a cold stare and his hand never far from the hilt of one of his many weapons.

He thinks long and hard of the troubles surrounding him, he has time now to contemplate on his strange journey, he thinks only briefly about those he has traveled with, he has little doubt that Fate will push them back into his lap. He simply wants to get out of this rotting city and once again pushed along the trail of fate.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm

As Jabiir thinks of this trip and those he's traveled with he finds that some how he's taken the disk from his pouch and is rubbing it and muttering to himself in a language that even he doesn't understand.

Just then a shout breaks his focus, "Ahoy! Jabiir? Jabiir is it?" The first mate Tamir appears on the railing of the ship leaning over the side. "You are early, and where are your friends?" He's shouting to be heard over the ever growing noise of corsairs, merchants, fishmongers and travelers that are now streaming into the docks.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:21 pm

Jabiir breaks from his revelry as Tamir shouts out to him.

"Aye it's me Tamir. " He pauses "The others? They are playing games in the city, I've had enough of it. I was wondering if I could bunk here till they are ready to leave."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Tamir turns away, shouts a few commands to a few sailors, and the gang plank starts to come down toward the dock. "I can't give you a bunk yet Jabiir, but if you are bored and looking for something to do I have plenty of work I can put you to." He strides to the top of the plank once it hits the dock.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:31 am

"I'm willing to pay for room and board, I'm sure they will be along in a day or so." Jabiir waits for the gangplank to comedown. "And I'm not opposed to doing honest work.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:09 pm

"A day or so?! We booked passage for them today. I can't wait in port a day or two. Look Jabiir, you better find out if these friends of yours are coming or not, today, and let me know. Otherwise, if they can't, the deals off, the Captain is eager to be out of port." Tamir stands at the top of the plank.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:52 pm

"On that note I'll stay here, they should know well enough when they are due to leave. Or if they want to play politics. They should be finishing breakfast for now. You said you had work I can do? Would be good to do some, had my boots stolen last night.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Tamir isn't sure what stolen boots and honest work have to do with one another but he nods and waves Jabiir up. "We have some cargo to load, and there is always repairs and cleaning to do. Come on up if you don't mind. Can't pay you much, a few copper bits if that's good enough?"

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:39 am

"I'll be glad for it, And if it gets late enough I'll make the run back to grab them. Perhaps send a cabin boy I can tell him where to find them?" Jabiir starts up the plank.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 pm

"Well, come on then." He motions for Jabiir to come up the gangplank and join the workers in hauling cargo and moping and cleaning and patching and all other sorts of hard manual labor on the ship getting it ready to disembark.
Alright, really have to pause it here if Jabiir is going to work, he can pretty much work until he doesn't want to anymore, or until something happens in the rest of the game. So, offically on hold unless you want to make one more post about working.