1002 Adventures: Suitable Donations

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:19 pm

The priest remains quiet in the city, contomplating maby?

Ahmed follows from what he can remeber of the rituel. Granded, Its problay just to kneel and what not.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:10 pm

Rambad who by now is more or less suffering from a crashing headache and an aching body follows the group like a puppy, not know what is going on. As they had moved through the city he had noticed the bird, though only now figure out that it is actually following the group.

Slowly he starts to place all the pieces together, and once they enter the mosque he takes a seat by the rest of them, hoping that whatever spell or cleansing that is about to occur will rid him off his bad luck.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:10 pm

The group enters into the Mosque of Juhaur the Gem Studded and takes their place on the carpets before the priest Abdalla. Orman, the small earth gen of Ka'im stands firmly on the floor just behind his master with his head bowed. Even the geniekin desires this blessing and this removal of the Hama. The corsair Rambad, who is free of the Hama's curse, but not the curse of the dreaded hangover also joins the others in hopes of exercising his headache.

The cerimony is not long to wait for. Adballa fist comes to each of you in turn with a wicker basket to collect a 'suitable donation' for services rendered and services about to be. A necklass from the tomb is placed in the basket from Yakub, and each person in turn places the remaining donation that they owe Abdalla in as well. Ka'im suggested that they group also donate the large golden seal of Juahar that sealed the door to the tomb as well. Its obvious that none of you would be able to find a fence willing to buy the item here in Muluk and the desire to be rid of the Hama is great enough that no one argues with the Sha'ir. The donations out of the way, the Priest begins his prayers. Reading scripture from the Law of the Loregiver, and chating dozens of other prayers of Juahar and several of the other enlightened gods Abdalla drones on for hours. Hours pass with each of you kneeling in suplication from time to time repeating words, or offering agreements to the desire to be free of the spirit bird. Candles burn down to stubs, you are struck with holy water a dozen times, enchantments to protect against the Evil Eye are bestowed on each of you. By the time dawn is nearing you are all exhausted, even the gen Orman is tired from the effort. Abdalla's final prayers are nearly done, and the cawing of the Hama suddenly breaks into the chamber, the bird flaps wildly around the mosque screaming as if in pain, then with one last effort Adballa banishes the Hama. The bird rockets toward the oopen windows high in the mosque, and flys free of the temple never to be seen again. "It is done.", the dwarf states, and each of you feels a great burden lifted from your shoulders. You are free of the Hama.

Yakub spits out a laugh as dawn nears, "Praise Juhaur and the Loregiver we are free of it!"
Gold: It costs each of you 80 dinar. Kasib pays a straight 80 dinar. Ka'im and Ahmed both offer a 50 dinar value pearl and 20 dinar. I have updated sheets acordingly as well as updating the treasure listed in my previous post about the spoils.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:42 am

Ahmed remains on his knees for praying to his god for a few minutes. Then hes joins the rest of the group.

"... this is something that should have never needed to happen.. but it has and I stayed with you. I hope the gods smile on us and will keep our paths in a better direction.."
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:24 am

With a sigh, Kasib stands from his kneeling position. His eyes simply watch as Hama goes, and the dwarvish priest abolishes the curse.

Once outside the mosque he pats the Razor on the back. "I told you. I told you so ..."

Then, after hearing Ahmed's words, Kasib's head jerks toward the half-orc. "What did you say?" His mouth hangs open, fabergasted, "What .."

His head turns about in dismay. "You were not innocent in this, priest. And never did I hear you say "no" or not get your hands dirty digging away at that moneylender's tomb." He frowns, "None of us particularly /wanted/ to do this ..."

The Rawun gives a short glance to Yakub, who he seems to leave out of the "us" in his previous statement. "But do not get high-and-mighty here. Ridiculous. Do not pass what you might consider a sin off on us. Pay for your sins with your own tithes."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:59 pm

The mind of Rambad is working slowly, though it is working even with the headache. Slowly he starts to put together the pieces of information he has gathered throughout the time he has spend with the group.

The eyes, burning red from the alcohol consumed is placed upon Kasib and he speaks with a hoarse voice, "You did WHAT?! No wonder you had that thing following you...."

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:06 am

the priest laughs at Rambad's words. "did I say that I tried to 'pass' this off on you? everything I do is my fult. Would it also have been my fult if I left you and you died? yes, I could have said something, would you have leasoned? I fear you have misherd my words." the priest smiles,"everyone pays for there sins, I will mine and you will yours. I feel that it would have been a larger sin and waste of life if you lost your head."
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:30 pm

Ka'im, who has been mostly silent throughout the ceremonies, only offering up his voice when required to do so at the appropriate times, and even after the group exits the temple, finally speaks up.

"It's okay, Kasib, Ahmed. What is done is done. Now, let us go enjoy some of this fine city. It will be better than sleeping in sand!"

He glances around to see where everyone is and to see whether people cross the street to avoid them anymore. "It seems that our donation was suitable enough!"

"Now, let us go get some food."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:29 pm

Yakub stands elated, "The Hama is gone, and we have paid our debts to the mosque. I feel free! A free spirit..." he laughs thinking about the free Hama spirit now. "Come effendi, breakfast is a good idea!" The morning sun is just starting to peek up over the horizon of the Furrowed Mountains to the east. The group as a whole moves away from the mosque, Abdalla standing in the doorway watching you leave with a grumble...

A new day, a new tale!

This here ends Chapter 2 - Suitable Donations! I have already awarded XP points and players can feel free to upgrade their characters and get them back to me. A new chapter and story arc will be starting. Watch for the next chapter coming shortly. Nine Flawed Saphires.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring