1007 Adventures: Secrets of the Seal

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Last of Al-Assir

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 pm

"We're all tired," Bashir agrees. "And hurt, and drained physically and emotionally from the fight. Resting seems like a good idea before we brave the jungle again." Then he too looks over at the elephants ringing the temple grounds. "But I agree, we need to tel the elephants what has happened. They' have a great interest here, and could be a great help in keeping this area safe from intruders."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Ka'im also throws in his opinion that staying here for another day would be good. "It would also allow us to spend some time and try to gain a better understanding of what we've just found, not to mention to go through and make use of the items we've found, too."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 pm

So the group vootes the remain another day, to rest and recoup before heading into the jungle. The camp is already set up, and another day isn't to going to be hard to handle.

The day is still very early even with all of Sayyid's prayers and cleansing of the temple. You have several hours before dusk, and the herd of elephants that brought you here on their backs remains only a few hundre yards away at the jungles edge at the bottom of the hill.

Now is the time to speak to them about Rambad and anything else, to help plan your next move.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:17 pm

"I plan to travel to the shrine, it is on the way back to the boat. I do not know if the rest of you wish to go there...after last time." He shrugs, "I intend to see if the god will resurrect Rambad...I will need to take his body with me."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Kasib looks over toward Ahmed, nodding, "I will go with you," he says. The rawun actually seems to forget his complaining, at least for the moment. "If that is where we must go, that is where we shall take him."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Sayyid nods, pointing at the awaiting elephants. "You may want to ask them."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:36 pm

The waiting elephants at the edge of the cruin clearing remain standing among the trees. They did not come close previously because of the Jungle Giant Neebagashi, but now they remain away out of some reverence for the location and the group.

If you wish to speak to them, now is the time.
Ok lets do this, no more dilly dally

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:09 am

Bashir nods at Sayyid's comment, stands up, and approaches the elephants.

"We have rid this area of its invaders," he says to the largest elephant he can find. "But one of our number was slain during the fighting that ensued. Can the Lost One help us bring him back? For there is much yet for him to do in our quest."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

The great gray elephant around the clearing turn and listen to Bashir. They flap their ears and swich their tails sending the flies and bugs of the jungle scattering. The matriarch of the herd tilts her head and then curls her trunk up making a somber and sad sound. The large pychiderm nods her head and speaks, once again Bashir and Sayyid should he have cast his spell, can understand the beast.
<Mahasarpan> The Lost One can help, they are gathering at The Meeting Place. We can take you there. The choice will have to be made, the others are coming too, a burden they carry as well.
The herd begins to move, as if they are ready to leave now if the group so desires it.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 am

"The elephants say that the Lost One can help," he calls out over his shoulder at the Lions of Tomorrow. "But they also say that there are others coming as well, and that the others have a burden too. They say that a choice will have to be made. I think we'd best move quickly to find out what's happening."