1003 Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

1003 Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:56 pm

Nine Flawed Sapphires is the next tale in the ongoing adventures of our enlightened heros. It picks up just where Suitable Donations leaves off. Sit back, relax and enjoy the wonder that is The Land of Fate, Zakhara in the Al-Qadim setting!

The collection of heros, if we can call the grave robbing and the drunk heros, makes their way from the mosque of Juahar the Golden after having the dead spirit, known as a Hama, exercised. Kasib, Ka'im, Ahmed, Yakub and Rambad have made their suitable donations to the priests of the moqsue to free themselves of the troublesome bird. They now walk through the morning streets of Muluk, the City of Kings. A low red glow is starting to rise in the east, and the city is just about to break out of it nighttime slumber.

Chit chatting with one another now about what each might do with their share of the wealth they have 'aquired' the group turns another corner. With a sudden clamor of noise, and a colision of bodies Kasib is knocked from his feet to the ground. Laying atop the man is another, a larger bulky figure, haggared and tired looking. The man wears the trappings of an Askar, a fighter of the city. There is a wild look in the man's eyes however, and his station is readable on him like a book. The man has a barbaric history and its plain on his face. However, not even a barbaric past could create that desperate look that fills his face with terror now. Hovering over the fallen Kasib, the large figure pushes himself to his knees and blinks. He blinks a dozen times, and something is lost, or perhaps found and with a grunt he comes to his sences.

Yakub cries out at the sudden 'attack' and the fat barber jumps to the side, "More trouble! I thought us rid of the Hama's curse!" He grabs his fez up off the ground as it falls from his bald head yet again.

The narrow street, with its tall buildings packed together closely is still dark, the morning light having failed to filter into the shadows yet.
Welcome Wayloss to the game as the 'Barbarian Askar'!
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:39 pm

Rambad grunts loudly as he sees how Kasib is knocked to the ground by a scruffy looking barbarian. As the barbarian comes up on his knees, Rambad offers a hand to Kasib to get the man from the ground.

He points an index finger at the barbarian and shouts at the man, "What excuse do you have to knock travelers of their feet?? Kasib, check your pockets, this man might have used to fall as an attempt to steal from you!"

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:44 pm

Jabiir Grunts as he rolls to his knees. He quickly looks all around him trying to figure where he is. He is simply terified, and it is written on him for all to read.
"Where....how....aga....." He looks up seeing the party close to him helping the man he has knocked down to his feet.

"Bismillah, I am sorry...." His face pales and his hands shake, he quickly looks around, confusion and terror again plain on his face, his tomach growls loudly as he is still apparently thouroughly discomfitted.

"I....I am Jabiir,..." He grabs his stomach as a cramp runs through him. "I am sorry." Stil obviously quite lost, confused, hungry, looking to you as if a lost puppy.
"You couldn't tell me where i might be could you? or what day it is....?"

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:48 am

the priest moves to help the barber as well "at least this one has manors" upon hearing the question about food, Ahmed produces a food rashen from his pack for the man to eat. The raition is handed from a distence, not wanting to get too close to the .. man?
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:39 pm

Yakub gives the priest a thanks as he is helped first. The fat barber sighs, "From one troublesome creature to another..." he looks the man up and down, "You bear the look of a barbarian, but you bear enlightened weapons. Are you an ignorant man or an enlightened one Jabiir? For today is the 12th of Mihla (May)!" Brushing unseen dirst from his aba The Razor looks at the others, "Come lets leave this wild man to his own devising, nothing good can come from such contact." The Razor moves off down the ally a half dozen feet already before turning to see if anyone is following him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:30 pm

With an eyebrow raised and hand close to the hilt of a cutlass Rambad watches the barbarian with a keen interest, though on his guard. His eyes moves over the clothes, the expression of the man and then slowly his hand moves away from the hilt of the blade and he starts to speak, "You must have been through some horrid ordeal the way you look...." the arms are folded over his chest and he tries to make himself larger than he is.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:11 pm

Jabiir Brings himself to his full 6 feet 2inches, his cape of RObin egg blue and forest green plane for al to see as is the greatsword strapped to his back... a monstorus thing. Yet in contrast to this, a scimitar hangs from his left hip, and a buckler from his left arm.

He bows to Ahmed as he accepts the offered ration. " Ashkuraq."

"As I said i am Jabiir, formerly of the Great Bear Clan from the area you know as the Furrowed Mountians. I was captured amny years ago and served as a Slave untill i was set free by a band of Maluk, they have tought me the enlightend ways. "

He quickly bites into the ration.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:44 pm

Kasib crawls to his feet, shrugging at the contact from the barbarian. When Yakub says his piece, Kasib shakes his head. "Calm down, fatty."

He says the words without real distain or dislike, but instead almost jokingly. "Well. A barbarian here. We could have used you days ago." The rawun rolls his shore shoulder from the claws of the ghoul.

"Toooo beeee in the greeeeat ciiity ... isss the liiife I liiike because ooof the fiiine wiiine and preeeety laaaaadies."

Shrugging again, he sighs, "Speaking of ladies ..." His head turns, looking around, "They all love my singing.."

The rawun seems totally distracted at this point, his attention span not the greatest when too many things of interested are presented to him at once.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

A Sudden Ambush

Post by Vardaen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:19 pm

Suddenly as the group is standing there speaking with Jabiir and listening to the terrible song of Kasib (while in tune, the tune just stinks worse than camel's dung) Jabiir lurches forwards. The man's eyes roll back in their sockets and he begins to have convulsions. Frothing at the mouth he spits on Kasib uncontrollably. Yakub draws even further away in revulsion. Dispite Rambad's aversion the Barbarian Askar luches forward clinging onto the Corsair's shirt. His eyes roll down to gaze upon the group with frightening lucidity. Jabiir speaks a few distinct words in and unknown, alien tongue before collapsing exhausted at your feet now cluching a small clay disk he withdrew unseen from his belt.

If that wasn't bad enough a rushing sound of unseen feet sweeps into the narrow street. The air in the narrow street rushes from one end to the other blowing dust, sand and grasses tumbling from behind Yakub to the far end of the street. Yakub screams out, "My Liver!" as he is knocked to the ground by the blast of rushing. His fez hits the ground and is swept up into the wind tumbling a dozen feet away. Down on both knees the fat barber grunts from the force of the blow. A slightly amorphous shape, humanoid, like pure wind itself can just barely be seen charging past the Razor right up the back of Jabiir. Blood suddenly sprays over Rambad and Kasib as a blade like protrusion of air errupts from the Barbarian Jabiir's chest.

The man, met only moments slumps to the ground in a heap dead. The invisible stalker withdrawing its bloody blade of pure air with a sound like a cyclone. Orman, the small earth genie of Ka'im crys out, "Master! An Invisible Stalker! A servant of the Dijini!"

The form of this Stalker is basicly invisible, and only along the edges where dirt and sand are kicked up is it partially visible.
Initiative: IS 20, Rambad 18, Kasib 15, Yakub 14, Ka'im 10, Ahmed 7, Jabiir None Cause He Dead! Welcome to the game Wayloss. :twisted:

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:29 pm

Kasib jumps backward in horror. "By the Gods!"

Jabiir's blood drips off Kasib's face, while his eyes are held open in shock.

"Gods give us strength against our foes! Give us heart and make our sword arms strong!" The words are more of a chant, a line from a great epic poem of old now recalled by the rawun.
Five Foot Step Backward (The Jump Backward) and Insipre Courage
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name