1003 Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:28 pm

The oaths sworn, the pledges accepted, and the food eaten. The group sits now around an empty table sitting coffee. Orman seems quite pleased again with the group as he dunks the last bit of some food into his cup sipping the black liquid.

Siraaj then asks of the group, "Shall we now talk of splitting up the coins and seek healing for our ailments?" He points at the disk that sits on the table infront of Jabiir, "Perhaps too, you might tell us more of why that is such a central piece of the conversation? What is it?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:01 pm

Ka'im looks over his shoulder, out at the people in the coffee shop. He returns his attention to the table. "Yes, but perhaps here is not the best of places."

Once the disc is mentioned again, he looks over at it. "I do not suspect that any of us really know. I had attempted studying it at one point in time, but it eluded almost all of my knowledge -- not that it is that great on such matters. All I was able to do was to translate what a portion of the writing on it says:

'Wake up! Wake up!

The nine-fold stars have fallen! Waken, Lions of Tomorrow, for the gates of Tadabbur are thrown open!'"

He takes another drink of coffee and pops another tasty morsel into his mouth before continuing. "I do believe that we should now move to meet Ayyam though."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 pm

Kasib frowns, "Yeah, we can split the loot later. Let us get this ledger off our hands." He pats his pocket, and makes sure the document is still there before standing.

He waves a hand to Jabiir, "Why do you not get rid of that thing. Pitch it. If it is cursed, and your cursed, then we're cursed, and I do not like that."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:19 am

Jabiir looks to Kasib.
"If only it were that easy Efendi. I have thrown it into the river i have donated it to temples. out friend rambad hear held it for a short time. and as i head the invisible stalker took it from me once. But every night the nightmeres return and i wake with the disc. I am resigned to the fact that i may never be free of the vile thing."
He then looks to the newest mebers of the party adn gives thema wry smile.
"I honor your ways and your words but i mean no disrespect when i tell you that you have no obligation to me. I was once a slave, and never will i hold another person to me through bondage of will or Honor. You are welcome to travell with me as a friend of your own free will."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:28 am

Kasib thinks, "Well," he looks over to Orman, "Why do we not just destroy it. Break it with the hilt of our swords, or some such."

He shrugs, "What do you say, Orman? What is this thing? Any idea?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 pm

Orman the littel earth Gen looks over the disk as his master reads the writings that are on it. "I would say it is a clay disk, cursed to never leave Jabiir's side." With a wide smile the Daoling recalls the fight with the Invisible Stalker, "However I wonder, it seems tied to Jabiir's body. Remember when he died?" The gen is of little use otherwise, he is no full genie and his powers are limited.

Siraaj replies to Jabiir, "Well friends, we shall travel along side you as well, regardless of your views, my pledge holds. Come lets go get rid of this ledger and find a priest for our wounds." He looks at the hurt Jamala.

You have finished your meals, paid for it out of the coppers found in the winery, and are ready to seek out the end of this chapter of the ledger (so to speak). Rambad leads the group out of the caravanserai into the city, and with the aid of those born here, Kasib and Ka'im, the group makes its way, mules with chests and all (leaving a chest of silver around is a sure way to get it stolen) to the park where Ayyam was first found.

A hour later the group arrives at the edge of the park. As soon as you arrive the vieled woman emerges from a building nearby andmoves directly toward you, "You have returned effendi, do you have it?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:33 pm

Kasib pats his pocket, smiling wider than even normal. "It is right here," he says, wiggling his eyebrows shamelessly.

"And a deal's a deal I say," his voice raises, thrusting a finger into the air to solidify his point. He rawun pauses, and then starts again, "Okay, so, here it is."

He pulls out the ledger, slowly extending it to the woman in front of him, though he keenly attempts to verify that this is indeed the same woman.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:44 pm

Jamal observes quietly, with interest. He watches his new companions, and the woman's reactions to them, as much as he does her, although he also looks at her and, if nothing else, tries to assess her wealth and status from the value and nature of her clothing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:07 pm

The veiled woman can see Kasib staring at her and comments, "Stop looking at me with lust in your eyes Kasib. Now is not the time for harem girls and boys." She lifts a hand to her face and draws the veil to the side, showing her face to the Rawun, and it is in fact the woman Ayyam. She motions Kasib, Ka'im, Jabiir and Rambad to the side into the park. "Can we talk around these two men?" She glances at the pair of Saluks Siraaj and Jamal then desides she doesn't care that much. "Good, give me the ledger, you can see that I have already handled the death of Ahmed and I have your payment here." She pats her dishdasha robe and belt.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:12 pm

"Alright," answers Kasib, looking over his shoulder, "Yes, they are fine." He sighs, pulling the ledger out and handing it toward Ayyam.

"What lust?" he asks, shrugging, "What a terrible thought. I am an artist, not a creaton!" Then he starts laughing, "I mean, not too bad of a creaton."