1003 Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:28 pm

Wounded or not, Jamal is graceful enough to give a gracious bow.

Are my ears injured too? It seems like these people -- who surely should know better -- are addressing me as "Jamala" rather than "Jamal" ...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:28 pm

Ka'im laughs at Kasib's comment.

Then he turns and looks out into the park, to see if anyone else has shown interest in this current transaction.

As he watches, he glances around for Orman. "Hey, Orman, keep a watch out the other way for anything suspicious" is whispered towards the Gen.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Ayyam makes a sign to ward off the Evil Eye as she shakes her head at Kasib, "Well creaton or not, you have the ledger and I have your dinar." She produces a pouch that gingles with coin. "800 Dinar as promised, 100 in coins, and 700 in garnet gems, helps to keep the load light." She hands the bag to Kasib and takes the book from him, unless there is some reason he doesn't share. When she does she lets her fingers linger on his skin a bit longer than perhaps is proper, and her eyes are filled with a twinkle. She then turns and leafs through the book, "Yes, yes this is it. This will bring that filthy thief to his knees before the Qadi. You have done a good thing this day my effendi, you have brought justice not only to my Mistress, but to the Caliph as well. His tax collecters will want Yodfa's head after seeing this." She sling the ledger under her shoulder and bows to the group, "If you ever need anything again, you may find me at the coffee house over there. I often come here for business and pleasure." She looks at Kasib during the last half of that sentence. Shukran, thank you my friends. Maas salama, go with peace." She is eager to get the ledger to the proper authorities, but will linger if there are other questions or concerns.
Here ends A Thousand and One Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires (Chapter 3) of the Al Qadim campaign. I previously awarded XP to everyone and people have already sent me leveled up characters. Now is a fine time to make the level up 'offical' having had time during the trip home to gain new insight.

There is the matter of the loot to split up still, including the new 800 Dinars Ayyam has paid you.

I'm giving out a +300 XP award to everyone for completing the task set to you. Think of it as Storyline XP.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:15 am

Jamal speaks simply.

"Given who he had working for him and what he let him do, this is a very bad person you are talking of. I hope that you succeed in bringing great misfortune upon his neck."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: A Thousand and One Adventures: Nine Flawed Sapphires

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:20 am

Ayyam bows to Jamal and assures him, "He will suffer for his crimes. Perhaps if we can work together again we might be of further use to one another. For now I must leave. Seek me out at the Broken Camel cafe on the far side of town, I am there sometimes or here at Azim's Coffee, either place you might leave a message with the owner to get in touch with me." She bows again, "Good bye." She then hurries off.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring