1004 Adventures: Invitation to a Funeral

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

1004 Adventures: Invitation to a Funeral

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:36 am

Here begins the fourth story of our Fate touched heros in the burning sands of Al-Qadim in Zakhara. Pilgrimage picks up where "Nine Flawed Sapphires" leaves off. Up to this point the heros have taken on minor tasks of questionable honor. They have however had the best of intentions and are growing in understanding of the way of people and the world. They have saved a Pahari, made good on a welcher's debt, and collected proof to use against a cheater and a thief. However now comes the time when they must look to their own wellfare and put hte wellfare of others second. The group has grown, as two saluk's have pledged themselves to the heros for their rescue from Yodfah's prison.

Having just returned the ledger that will certainly bring the downfall of Yodfah to a woman Ayyam the group must go about the tasks of finding a money changer to covert the Bits and Dirham into something more easily ported, as well as find healing for the wounded. For this task the group has begun to move toward the Temple of Jauhar the Gem Studded, where the grouchy dwarven Priest Abdalla is known to reside. He has offered help in the past without asking many questions, and he may once again do the same.

Siraaj leads one of the mules through the streets, "So this Imam Abdalla, how do you know him again?"

Ka'im replies, "He has given us aid in the past, without asking questions. A suitable donation and we may all recieve the blessings of the Enlightened Gods from him."

However while the group makes its way across the city to the mosque everyone mind is on that small clay disk that Jabiir flips through his fingers even now without realizing it.
Welcome back to the game Wargie, he's desided to come back and rejoin us playing Rambad once again! Yeah for Wargie!
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Kasib is rather talkative, making a /big/ deal about the way Ayyam acted toward her. "I told you! I told you, I did! She was flirting with me shamelessly! Shamelessly!"

The moves along, but is actually skipping and dancing. "Ohhh, we actually have to see the old sourpuss, don't we?" He frowns suddenly, "Oooh, man, she was all over me ..." he muses.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:47 pm

Flip.....flip......flip.....flip the dull clay disc turns over and over. Jabiir is silent, the big man feels his wounds and the weight of a doom that has been lurking for weeks now upon him. His blackouts have been comeing more frequently and he fears what this priest might tell him. Th large man is silent.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:49 pm

Kasib turns around and glares at Jabiir. "Put that damn thing away, will you?" Turning, he gives a glance to Ka'im and shakes his head.

"We need healing, not the Evil Eye," he says softly.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Jamal is still quiet, having been tortured and badly wounded and now having joined a group he doesn't know, with more commitment than he's made in a long time.

"Yes, healing would be good. I would greatly like to feel strong again. Oh, I can stand to rest until I get my strength back. But healing these burns quickly should be cheaper ... and I am very very tired of being burned."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Jabiir smiles at Kasib extending his hand with the disk in it.

"Your welcome to hold onto it for a bit."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:03 pm

Ka'im laughs. "We all know where that thing is going to end up again, Jabiir."

He turns his head towards the direction of the temple and the dwarf that wishes a Suitable Donation.

He lends a shoulder to those that are heavily wounded, if they wish it, but otherwise he keeps moving.

He glances about the street, looking for Mamluk patrols as he does so.

"Orman?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:35 pm

"Yes my Master of the Obvious!" Orman appears next to Ka'im floating about with that msug grin on his face.

The group arrives at the Mosque in good time and after speaking to a few suplicants outside they find the Iman Abdalla around the back in the gardens of the Mosque grumbling and complaining to himself as he sits on a bench rubbing his feet. The dwarf looks up as the group approaches and sighs, "Oh now what?" His shoulder fall slightly and he rubs his forehead remembering the last time the group came to him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 pm

"Just a bit of healing for our good chum!" Kasib says, patting the coin purse at his side. "We are ready to make a donation, of course, for the blessings that the Enlightened Gods will show us!"

Snapping his fingers, the rawun points at the dwarf, "Maybe I will even put you into one of my tales or songs!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:13 pm

Abdalla grunts to Kasib, "You do that Rawun and I'll see to it you never get a blessing from another mosque or Hakima ever again. I've heard your songs, no thank you!" He folds his arms over his chest with a humph.

He looks over Jamal from where he sits, "Some nasty burns there...you all look like you've spent a week letting that fat barber Yakub use you as test dumbies. 100 Dinar and I'll fix you all right up, no questions asked."