1004 Adventures: Invitation to a Funeral

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Abdalla's Fall

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:39 pm

Kasib appears very happy the dwarf is alive, jumping into the air and clapping his hands as he comes around. 'œI saved a life!' he says, looking extremely proud of himself, and almost forgetting their current situation. The rawun stays relatively quiet as they flee and head into the temple quarters. When people begin talking about the day he frowns, 'œLook at my hand!' he yells, and then pushing forward his four-fingered hand. To the desert remarks, he looks aghast, 'œDesert! I do not want to go to the desert! I want to go home and sleep in my bed! How did I get mixed up in all this!' The young rawun starts to pout, frowning deeply and hanging his head.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: Abdalla's Fall

Post by Wayloss » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:12 am

Jabiir shrugs his shoulders, "The thing will return, just as the invisible stalker did. The disc will return as it always does." He then proccedes to check his pockets, hoping to not find the clay curse with him yet.

Jabiir looks on at Abdalla awaiting his news.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Pilgrimage

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:01 am

Adballa reaches out and smack's Kasib's hand away, "Oh stop your belly aching! So what you lost a finger, big deal, I was just stabbed through the back and out the chest! For the Loregivers sake have a back bone you pansy Rawun, and you are supposed to be the Lions of Tomorrow? Fate save us all!" The dwarf coughs roughly, and grins at the desert guide when he make a suggestion of payment for the healing services, "You are funny, I hope that serves you well, cause you are now just as screwed as the rest of us, but I'm glad to hear you know the desert, cause into the desert is where we must go." He clears some blood from the corner of his mouth, "I had that writing checked out, and it seems that the disk is some how tied to Suhail min Zann, an ancient Imam of Zann. There is no one here in the city that could give me more information, but it was suggested we visit a small temple and shrine to Suhail that is the focus of pilgrimages during the High Holy Days, there we might learn more about it from the mystics that live there." He lets out a grumpy sigh, "I hate the desert, all that sand in my beard, but I'm not sticking around here for that Slayer Genie to return and kill me again! Lets get moving..." He stands up and collects his things, "We head east, over the Furrowed mountains, through the desert to the Ghost Mountains!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Pilgrimage

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:18 am

Kasib jerks back from the dwarf, and actually for the first time everyone actually sees Kasib get angry. 'œListen you overstuffed dwarf with a heart made of coal! You should be thanking me for healing your ugly butt from certain death!' He crosses his hands across his chest as if a spoiled child, 'œMy parents make suitable donations to this temple and I am to be treated with respect!' He points his good hand, and finger, toward the dwarf. 'œNow tell us what is going on before we leave you here alone and let that damn genie have his way with you!' The rawun stomps his feet as he waits for a reply.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:33 am

Abdalla narrows his eyes at Kasib, "No." He folds his arms over his chador and scowls at the Rawun. "I am Imam, and you are the son of wealthy merchants. My station demands you end your spoiled little brat ways and show some respect for me!" He stands up slowly, "I'm not the one the Genie wants, not really, its you four that he's after. Sayyid and I might escape still into the city, or in the protection of my brothers here in the mosque, but you four are doomed to be hunted forever, until The Slayer takes out your liver and feeds to to the vultures!" He squints his eyes and looks at the other three, Ka'im, Rambad and Jabiir, "You should learn to keep your spoiled Rawun on the leash. I will tell you nothing of what you need to know, to save your hides, if you don't do something about this whiney baby of yours!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:46 am

The corsair isn't really listening to the chatter between their Rawun and the dwarf, since he has experience of traveling with Kasib, and has by now learned to ignore the mans voice. He simply stands with his face in the palm of one hand and mutters quite loudly, "...desserts, mountains...and more desserts...huj, huj..."

Rambad finally silences and looks up on Kasib and the dwarf and mutters, "Right." He looks on Kasib, "Now, calm down...I guess Abdalla is right... or so I hope... But the longer we linger here the greater risk of the genie to find us faster...and Abdalla can take us to a place where we may find answers, and perhaps safety" The corsairs sighs and shakes his head, "So what say you?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:47 am

Sayyid remains where he is, his arms crossed over his chest, listening to all of it with a scowl on his face. There will come a time when these bickering people will make the obvious decision and decide to cross the desert. At that time, they will need a guide, and so Sayyid waits patiently. His employment is fairly certain at this point. Who else would guide cursed ones, and take on their curse?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:12 am

Kasib starts to argue with the dwarf, but looks at the others and sighs. 'œFine,' he says simply, shrugging his shoulders. 'œI shall be quiet, but tell us what you know.' He does not apologize because the Iman did not even thank the rawun for his aid. There is an obvious frown on Kasib's face after the spurt. His mind wanders to more pleasant times. He thinks, 'My parents were right '¦ and are probably worried sick!' His frown only deepens.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:28 pm

Ka'im looks back and forth between the Dwarf and the Rawun.

That's a good name for an epic poem... The Dwarf and the Rawun...

A small smile cracks his features before he forces those thoughts back down, pondering Abdalla's latest words.

The man pretends to know so much about the Genies. I'll let him have his delusions. If he only knew how much it would anger that Slayer to know that a killing didn't succeed...

Once Kasib is quiet, he looks back to Abdalla, waiting for the Dwarf to give out some more information.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:06 am

Abdalla grunts, disgruntled at the whole affair, "Your Corsair here is the only sane one among you I would wager my camel on that." Clearly Abdalla likes to hear he's right. "I will tell you what little more I know, but we stand stick around from what Ka'im has said. The disk, its something to do with the Lions of Tomorrow, a term used by Suhail min Zann, a famous Cleric of Learned Zann. I spoke to my contact in the Mosque of Zann, and he said that if you wanted to know anything more you should seek out the temple that houses Suhail's bruial tomb. Its in the Ghost Mountains south west of here, over the furrowed mountains, through the desert." He glances at Sayyid, "This man claims to be a desert rider of some skill, he even fought off some Jackal's recently. Look, if that Slayer Genie is coming back for us, all of us, we better get as far from here as possible." He slings his pack on, "I'm ready if you are."