1004 Adventures: Invitation to a Funeral

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Shoping Spree

Post by Bitom » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:41 pm

Sayyid seems more than comfortable up on the Howdah of his camel when trying it out, lounging there as if it were a Sultan's litter instead of a normal form of conveyance. The reason for this is readily apparant when you stop and pick up his battle-worn camel and find it with only a pack saddle and the guide's personal gear on it. Wherever he recently came from, he did it on foot and leading a perfectly good mount.

When the conversation turns to the wine, he smiles down on the party. "You'd do well to listen to the Imam... Yodfah's wine is sold to slavers and thieves... but perhaps you didn't get one of his special batches. He grins knowingly and goes back to lounging in the canopied shade of his Howdah.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:01 pm

Kasib looks down at the wine and remembers what happened to Rambad. He does not admit that he enjoys the taste of wine himself, as his past has been relatively kept to himself from the others. 'œI saw what it could do to someone, someone that I would guess has drank quite a bit.' Kasib does not actually say it was Rambad, but most probably could guess who that might be. 'œI say we dump it out or just leave it.' He awaits and decision perched atop his camel.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:25 am

"I have no like for that wine, and leave it up to others. We don't have room for 2 full urns of that stuff though. Spilling it in the sand sounds good to me."

Ka'im has managed to get himself up on top of his camel, and now lounges in the howdah that is strapped there.

Glad that someone else set this up for me. I'd probably have forgotten to strap something down correctly.

He looks out into the dessert, remembering how tough the last journey was for the group.

"The last time was only 5 days... 3 weeks is going to seem like an eternity."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:41 am

Rambad the wine loving corsair is staring at his camel with pure distaste for the animal, not trusting it one bit. As he slowly attempts to approach the animal without scaring it, he picks up on one word to a conversation he has not followed at all, namely the word, "wine", and so he jumps to attention and looks deeply shocked.

"What?! Spill the wine which I have almost sacrificed my life for?! Are you people mad!" he sets down his foot rather harshly on the ground sending up a cloud of dust as he then starts moving his arms and hands rather rapidly as his body language appears to hit top gear, "Why?! Why oh why are we to do that?? How am a poor corsair to survive now! And I mean POOR corsair.."

The proud of figure of Rambad suddenly appears as if he sagging together and he sighs rather loudly before he goes to the two large urns of wine and pats one of them as if it would be the corsairs lover. He mumbles under his breath low enough for the rest not to hear his complaining as he simply begins to drop the urns with a shattering effect to the ground.

Once he has created a small pool of wine, Rambad sighs loudly again heads back to his camel and attempts to mount the 'beast'.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:53 am

Sayyid shows some mercy for the Corsair once he does the wise thing. He slides easily off of his camel and makes Rambad's sit down for him, then shows him how to get up on top of it. "Now if you can just hold on while he stands, you'll be fine. It will follow the others. If it gives you trouble, kick it in the head." It is not clear if he's joking or not.

He does the same for the others if they need it, then gets back on his camel and gets the beast moving. "We'll be following the river for awhile, so drink as much as you want. After we leave it, we'll be rationing, and you'll have lots of opportunity to learn to hate me. Be careful, though... something odd happened to the river just recently."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:57 am

Kasib looks over at Sayyid and blinks. He seems rather confused, and he has for awhile now, but has really has not said anything yet. His head turns, looking at everyone else, and then says, and seemingly seriously, 'œWhat? Did you pee in it?'
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:15 am

Rambad grins as he sees how his camel goes down upon its knees. He places himself in the saddle and nods his head at Sayyid, "Thanks..." he lets the word fade away as the camel rises from the ground, letting the corsair roll in the saddle as a ship in a storm. Though after a moment the corsair appears to have found a good position and leans forward in the saddle and chuckles at the remark from Kasib.

He turns his attention back at Sayyid and cracks up in a broad grin as he speaks, "You may regret traveling with us..." and he points at Kasib as he continues, "Then again, there is never a dull moment with that man is around, though sadly, I doubt a kick in the head is enough in his case."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:17 am

Sayyid shrugs as he gets the caravan moving. "It shifted course just recently... the ground was still wet along its old course when I passed by two days ago. I have no idea what happened."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:41 am

Abdalla stuggles to get on the camel, dwarvesn aren't really built for camels. Once on the back of the camel Abdalla seems fine and at home. The wine broken and the Imam grunts his pleasure at that fact. "Lets move already before the Mamluks come looking for you, or that Slayer Genie does." He whips his camel with a long quirt and the animal begins to move up out of the town. The group makes for the river banks, traveling along them on the south side of the river as they talk. Sayyid speaks of course of Sakina Falls (and the evidence left behind from your last visit to it), and everyone knows it.

Orman the little Gen laughs at the thought of kicking Kasib in the head, "I think you would need to kick him in a vital organ Effendi Rambad if you wanted to hurt Kasib." He floats around the camel of his master and smiles for a time.

The group travels for the reamainder of the day talking with one another.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:46 am

Jabiir is silent atop his camel, he is indefferent to the wine that was spilled. He does drink his fill, knowing that getting himself to the peak of hydration is gonna be key to surviving when they go on rations. He absently rubs his index finger and thumb together, a familiar jesture when his mind is distracted, but the coin has not yet returned.