1005 Adventures: Pilgrimage

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Feast of Abdalla

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:52 pm

Kasib, as the others, takes a slice of the cucumber and eats it. He smiles slightly, nodding in thanks to Ataman who has proven to be a far greater host than he actually expected.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Among the Beni Ordi al-Asfari

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Feast of Abdalla

The Al-Badia tribe of the Beeni Odi aal-Asfari are generous hosts. There is plenty to eat and drink. There is good music as other Rawuns sing songs and play music on traditonal pipes and drums of the nomadic tribes. Kasib joins in a few songs lending the beauty of his zither to the music. There are woman and girls that shower you with attenion and praise asking all sorts of questions about your live as brave advetnuerers and the wonders of the Al-Hadhar. There is a strong feeling however that any attempt at inappropriate behavior with the girls of the tribe will result in swift and painful repercusions -- so you enjoy their companionship but nothing more.

There are tails told by both you and them and plenty of dancing late into the night. Fires are built for warmth once the sun goes down, and the party lasts late into the night. You soon forget most of your cares, and even the death of Abdalla for a time. Ataman is a fine host, and a good man, that much you can all sense after your sharing of Salt. No one worries for their safety, or their health here. Eventually you slink off to bed, tents are made available for you and even Jabiir gets a good night sleep tonight. You hear a few goat's bleeting, and the snorting of camels and a few horses, but not a single jackal!

Morning comes and breakfast is made ready, hot coffee, cold breads and goat cheeses, and left over dates. Orman is unsummonable by Ka'im for several hours after morning and when he returns you notice signs of strain on his forehead and neck. He smiles goofily but doesn't say much of anything. Soon breakfast is over, and you all are sitting around one of the dead firepits talking about what to do neck. Sayyid has out a map, and you are plotting a course on it from here to where you think you have to go. Abdalla was the one that knew the details and now you feel his passing. The fun of last night is a distant memory and the death of the dwarven Imam seems to race back into the forefront of your thoughts.

As you sit around talking of Abdalla and your travels, Ataman returns. He wears a pair of black pantaloons, and a simple felt vest that hangs loosely around his shoulders and barechest. His skin is criss crossed with several battle scars, but he holds himself more like a rancher than a warrior. He greets you, "Saheeda, kaif halaq. Hello, how are you today my fine guests?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Among the Beni Ordi al-Asfari

Post by Bitom » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm

"We are well, Attaman," says Sayyid, the scowl on his face giving some lie to it, but he has been scowling at the map for too long for it to fade instantly. "and planning our next direction now that we have some time to breathe thanks to your generous hospitality. It was our friend and leader who best knew our destination, but alas he is gone and we must press on without him. I would speak with your Hakima about this before we leave, but I feel that it is too early to trouble her yet today. She must certainly have more important matters to attend to."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Attaman waves his hand in dismissal, "Nonsense, you are not leaving yet so there is plenty of time to figure it out. Come let me see your map." He strides up and plops right down next to Sayyid. This camp is his, his home, and he is your host, you have shared salt, and now you are like family for three days and what belong to family is shared among family. He turns the map to face him and after a moment puts his finger at your current location. "You are here, among the Furrowed Mountains. Tell me where are you headed?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:03 pm

Ka'im makes a mental note of the marks upon Orman in order to press him more about them later.

Ka'im bows as Attaman greets the group, though Sayyid speaks for them.

"We are headed to the Tomb of Suhail min Zann."

He looks at the map, taking note of the location stabbed by the finger of the head man.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:36 pm

Sayyid nods, pointing at a section of the map. "It rests here, in the eastern part of the Ghost mountains."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:50 pm

Attaman nods his head and traces a finger along the trail you would need to take. Most of it is open terrain from here until the moutains. "You will pass through some plains, but much desert. Suhail min Zann you say? I have not heard of this man, but of Zann of course we are aware of. The Learned Enlightened God." He considers, "You are excellent guests, fun and self mocking." He looks at Kasib when mentioning this part, "I have several desert riders that know this land, most of the way. They are restless and eager to prove themselves. What say you to this." He scratches his chin, "I shall have my riders lead you as far as they might, provide you with their skill in the desert, tracking, survival, and such things. In return you will give me your pack camels once you reach your destination." He lifts an eyebrow.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:57 pm

Kasib looks at the others, and then asks, "How are we going to get back?" The rawun frowns slightly, "I do not plan on staying in the desert forever." He takes a deep breath, "Though the camels have been nothing but a pain since we took off. I miss Jubba."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:07 pm

"I am forced to agree with Kasib," says the guide. "You are a generous host to offer your men as guides, but our trip is not to end at the crypt. We should find it difficult to obtain new mounts for our return in the Ghost mountains." He does not mention the fact the he believes himself to be competant enough a guide for the trip.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Attaman frowns, and then smiles again, "Well of course you will not have need of all of your mounts. They will be carring nothing as you eat your food and drink your stores of water. Travel across the Haunted Lands is not easy, espcially if you don't know where the Oasis are at." He looks at Sayyid, clearing considering the man the leader of your group, and doing so wrongly. "Three camels when you reach your goal!"