1005 Adventures: Pilgrimage

"The Seven Voyages of Sinbad,""Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,""Aladdin and His Magic Lamp" -- these and other classics fill the pages of the Arabian Nights. Each story is told by a very wise and beautiful young woman called Scheherazade, who reveals them night after night to a king with a murderous heart. The first of the thousand-and-one tales is Scheherazade's own...the last may be yours. Join the adventure in a land of sultans, genies, and desert nomads as we explore the world of Zakhara, The Land of Fate. (A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the DM Vardaen.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Among the Beni Ordi al-Asfari

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Sayyid mearly motions to Ka'im. "You should speak with my employer about having my services replaced, noble Attaman. I am sure to lead them to retain me as a guide in order to line my pockets instead of increasing your herd. However, as their guide, I will pay my one personal camel to have one of your men show me these oasis, that I might not waste my own resources in finding them."

It's obvious that Sayyid doesn't think he would need even that, but he is willing to go out of his way and give up his camel to keep from insulting his host... or maybe he just wants the thousand Dinar still owed him for this trip.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:32 am

Jabiir finds the coffee less then helpful in recovering. He vaguely remembers something of Kasib's song but is in no mood to speak. He looks almost green from his hang over.
"Sayyid is a fine guide!" is apparently all he has to say of their guide.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Ka'im remains seated where he is, quiet, even when the motion is made towards him as the leader of the group.
I cannot remember how many camels we have as a group...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Kasib just shrugs, not knowing what the right answer actually is. "Well, I think that is a nice idea and all, but, well, I am not sure it is entirely needed." He looks over at their guide, and then to Ka'im, allowing others to make the decision.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Rambad looks at the others, "Do we really value three of these camels over reaching our destination safely? A few camels additonal guides that know the location of the oasi?" He turns to Sayyid, "Look I know you are a fine guide, and so far you have done a fine job of not getting us killed by wild villagers, jackals, and angry Dao, but perhaps someone who actually knows part of the route isn't a bad idea. Don't worry, you will still get paid, right Ka'im?" He nods answering for the Sha'ir. "If no one will make up our mind, than I will for us." He glances at the others, "Its a deal. Three camels, pack camels, on arrival at our goal to be paided to your desert riders. They bring thier own food and water and other supplies that we don't already have."

Attaman nods, a broad smile, "Excellent! I see that you are clearly the smart one of the group! No offense Effendis, no offense, but a clear thinker is good to have. I have tow young men that have just come of age and are eager to test their mettle. They shall guide you over the deserts to your goal, each shall be gifted a fine camel from your, the third shall be returned to me. Now, lets fatten you all up before you leave us!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Sayyid seems satisfied with this, as well he should be. He will have to do almost no work, will be paid and will keep his own camel to boot! The arrangement is ideal to him and he fades into silence. He has no need to worry about the missing camels on the way back. He has not been hired to guide the party on the return journey, after all.

"Drink water and eat as much fruit as you are offered," he advises his charges. "This next part is the most difficult."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Jabiir enjoys the fruits of Attaman's labors. His nausea disapearing at the threat of being allowed to fatten himself up before he must spend days atop a camel swaying back and forth in dizzying circles.
"Rambad the Practical!" Jabiir jests at the member of the group willing to make a decision.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:58 pm

Kasib shrugs and seems okay with everyone. "Okay, we will probably need water, I am guessing." He frowns, thinking about home, as the young man is already getting homesick. He eats his fill, however, knowing that trail rations will not be soon pleasing when he and the others are moving again.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:14 pm

Sayyid sets to taking his own advice and enjoying a days hospitality, but by the end of the day, he is packing the party's things away and trying to find a way to fit all of the gear on a significantly diminished supply of camels. It is while doing this that he comes across the gear that Abdalla carried with him on his camel, including the chest of money. All of this, he brings to Ka'im, except the healers kit, which he keeps to himself.

Next, he goes visiting to their host and his Hakima.
Taking that part to PM

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:16 pm

The day goes by, everyone enjoys themselves as they are the guests of honor. The girls chat up the group, food and drink is plentiful, and the terrible time you had getting over the mountain is forgotten.

Abdalla's dinars are brought to Ka'im, and the other items of Abdalla need to be sorted out as well, minus a healer's kit that Sayyid stick with his gear.

By the end of the day the group has worked out the details. The two young scouts will bring their own gear, camels, and the like to make the trip, and once you reach you location you will repay Attaman's kindess by turning over three camels. The word is out that before dawn breaks Sayyid will have you up and on the move.
If anyone wants one last post before leaving camp, do it now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring