Thunder and Fog

A GURPS Original Fantasy. All theme/storylines © Jason Duff (TetNak).

Run by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:47 am

Phillip and Datu heal the wounded, and Aethalion helps to bandage minor injuries. The entire process takes about an hour to complete, but afterward, everyone should survive.

The worst injured is Damascus; the wolfhound is certainly Ola's most trusted companion and friend. The halfing does not stop crying, no matter who attempts to calm him down or consol him.

Damascus suprisingly does a decent job of limping along, but slows the party greatly after they start to get underway.

Gavran disappears for hours at a time, scouting the way ahead, and every once in a while returns to report the clear path before them. Grez finally picks up Damascus and carries him, which the wolfhound does not like, initially attempting to bite the barbarian. After some time though, he calms down and allows himself to be carried.

The trees slowly start to turn to soft ground, and then the soft ground into bog. Phillip and Grez lead the way, moving the group to a small hamlet amongst the marsh.

Aethalion and Datu are suprised when they see the red banner of the Mage's Tower flying high. When the group gets close enough, Datu realizes it is one of his old teachers, a one-eyed dwarf known as Mad Martin.

Martin yells out, "Well! You made it! And picked up some baggage along the way!" He eyes Gavran strangely, "I thought you're Druid was a elven female. I heard she was ... tasty." He starts laughing wildly and slapping his knee. "Evol," he starts looking at Grez, then stopping at Phillip. He shrugs, "What happened to Damascus!" the crazy old coot screams. "Damascus! Ola!" He takes a few steps forward and points at them both. "I told you boys to be careful!" He crosses his arms. "And you, lout," he points now to Grez, "Put Damascus down! We need to get him to the Tower of Magi. There his father Diocletion will heal him up better than new!"

The speed at which the man talks seems to make everyone's head hurt, except Datu, who is used to it.
Bren, expect a PM about this
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:08 am

Datu rushes forward, a grin coming across his face, abruptly pushing the grimace that just a few seconds before drowned out his features.

He laughs as he moves forward. His rush is rather oddly interfered with by his leg injury leading to a really weird sort of wobble as he moves forward.

When he reaches Mad Martin, he claps him on the back. "Aha! Good to see you again! Still teaching in the tower?"

He looks around. "Didn't think we'd come across you here. Let's go inside. There is much to discuss!"

Gozer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Gozer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 am

Phillip raises an eyebrow at Mad Martin's arrival. He knew of the teacher, and he was sure the man new of him. Especially with that look he gave Phillip.

He wasn't sure what kind of reaction he was going to get, but he had to say it. He raised his hand and said, "I would like to accompany the wounded to make sure any healer that takes up after me knows what I've already done."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:06 pm

"Oh wonderful, just what we require, another mad dwarf." The Sea Elf shakes his head as he follows the others toward the tower, his reply comes about Narinna, "Yes Mad Martin, our first Druid was a fine looking Elven woman. However she was also our first causualty of war. Killed by bandits serving the Black Templar. Our second Druid was slain but some magical snare in our path, but oh don't you worry, he was raised from the dead and came back as a zombie to attack us..." He points at Grez's wounds, "...This Evol knows the strenghth of the creature who served Az-hara Baal's Witch, who also was fine looking on the outside, but ugly and rotton on the inside. Luckily she is dead as well." He tries to rapid fire back the speach to the dwarf in his own manner.

"Ah yes Grez is a fine Evol Barbarian we picked up along the way, a stout warrior and trusted ally." Then the worse scowl crosses his face, "And this man, Phillip, if that is his name, was found conviently wandering in our path, a healer he appears to be, but with no manner of healing I have seen before. I dare say you should keep guard of your secerts here when he is a round, until we can be sure if he is trustworthy." Aethalion seems to hold a grudge for no apparent reason.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:03 pm

"Dwarf?" Mad Martin looks over himself, and frown greeting the Sea Elf. "I amay be short! And maybe a bit stout," he pats his belly, ".. but I an certainly not a dwarf!"

Although, he IS a dwarf, no one can realize why he says he's not.

The man almost jumps when Datu hit him on the back. "Ouch! Such rough hands! You need some time in a nice pool of warm water! Yes, one of those underground springs you always talked about!"

Then, Martin turns back to Aethalion, shaking his head. "Phillip? What about him?" He smiles, "The boy ain't any more dangerous than one of your hideous Seawright sea songs!"

"Har-har-har-har-har-har," he laughs. "You had another Druid guide?" He looks confused, but shrugs, "Oh well. Back to the tower! Not very far. Not very far. Damascus," he starts to the dog, "You pappy is going to be a bit sore at you. He is not going to like having to regrow your leg. He told you two boys to be careful!"

He starts shaking a finger at Ola and Damascus. Everyone is now throughly confused.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:46 am

Datu nods his head emphatically. "Yeah! I'd much rather be in one of those hot springs than up here running around. Running ain't no good with my legs, especially having one just about hacked off."

He grimaces again as he apparently steps wrongly. His movements are still ginger and he is trying to take is slowly. "If I had just stayed in one of those pools, I'd still have my leg all in one piece!" He pauses a moment, "though I'd be more waterlogged than a Shipwright!" He laughs.

Jungleboie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jungleboie » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:02 am

After Grez sets the dog down, he moves to the line of trees and sits on a stump. Looking over his wounds and the fine job that Phillip has done for him.

With a slight grimace he pokes and prods that bandages. "Hmmm. feel ok." is all that he really has said for the remainder of the trek after regaining consciousness after the fight.

as Grez starts back to the party, Aethalion speaks,
"And this man, Phillip, if that is his name, was found conviently wandering in our path, a healer he appears to be, but with no manner of healing I have seen before. I dare say you should keep guard of your secrets here when he is a round, until we can be sure if he is trustworthy."
"Phillip is good bandit, but Phillip say he not bandit. Sea elf say he is.." Grez get a confused look on his face, "Grez think both are right, so Phillip is good bandit, not like bandit that travel with EVIL undead things." with a determined nod of his head, Grez starts for the village.

"Where witch doctor? Grez need to make sure he have no undead thing in him." pointing at the bandages for reference.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:48 pm

The Sea Elf hoists his nose in to the air, "Ah yes, a good bandit if such things exsist. Yet I will not protest too loundly he has shown strange healing powers that have aided my friends."

Aethalion follows along with the others to the tower happy to be inside, and away from danger, atleast for a little while and even if it means in the company of the Mad Dwarf.

"We have had 2 other Druid guides on this trip already. It is not a lucky place to be our guide."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Thunder and Fog

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:03 pm

Martin does not seem afraid to be the misfortunate group's guide. In fact, the party is completely safe, as they pass through several hamlets of Evol that surround the largest Tower of Magi.

This tower is where Datu and Phillip both were schooled during their days with the Tower of Magi. Aethalion was schooled far north, near Bothin and Datu's homeland.

The group finally reaches the tower, and Martin invites everyone to stay for several days until the Tower of Magi's head council is spoken to. The last few days seem to have changed the matter of these artifacts.

Damascus and Ola are nearly non-existant during these times. As they tend to Damascus' wound and seem very farmiliar with this and the tower itself.

Each person is given a room in the lower confines of the tower, where students live and study. They are not required to stay, as Martin delcares everyone has served their purpose thusfar, but hopes each will stay until the council decides what is to be done next.
Here ends Chapter One of this adventure. Please stay tuned as the second one is about to begin.