The Gambit & The Reckonning

A GURPS Original Fantasy. All theme/storylines © Jason Duff (TetNak).

Run by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:32 am

Damascus laughs, looking around, "You are leaving your friends behind?" The werewolf looks between Datu and Aethalion, and then to Zanos and Gavran.

"I would be careful, Aethalion," reminds Damascus, "I can only mask your sent so long. If you simply wander around Yeor, you will be killed, eventually, one way or the other."

Moving forward, the larger than average halfing takes a few steps forward, "You have to either flee the island, or you must crush the power that grips it." With a sigh, he offers, "Unfortunately, I know how you might do either."

After a few moments to allow this news to settle, he explains, "I am your friend, as is Ola, and others that know not of the powers my father and his league hold. It will be many hours before the Tower knows anyone survived here."
Last edited by TetNak on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:44 am

Aethalion looks to Zanos and Gavran, "I do not ask them to join me on this trip, but they know, if they wish too, they are welcome. I would not deside the fate of others, that is what the Tower has done for too long. Free Choice, free of lies and of strings, is my first goal Damascus." He looks over at the others, knowing they will either come with him or return to the Tower to report, but he will not dictate their fate.

"I was told you might know of some of this danger to Yeor. I did not know if I believed it or not. You have been a fine allie in the past Damascus, but you are bound to the Tower, that I see now. If you can tell me where I must start my journey to free Yeor, then tell me, so I might begin at once." He looks the werewolf up and down, never having actually seen him in a hybrid form, but knowing that he is capable of such things.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:51 am

Zanos simply stands there, not truly understanding the situation. "I shall take Zanos back to the Tower," Damascus says, looking over the brute and partial spell-slinger.

"Zanos," starts Damascus, "Go that way one hundred steps." Zanos does so, walking away with a shrug. When Zanos' is out of earshot the halfling continues. "Zanos is simple, he might be swayed into speaking, either by force or treachery."

He runs a hand over his long sideburns, "Curious, you told you that?" Damascus lifts an eyebrow, seemingly very interested in this bit of news.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Datu grins at Aethalion. "Yes, I am a friend. I cannot, in good conscious, attack a friend, even if ordered. I believe this will put me at odds with some of my other friends from the Tower though. We shall see."

He then looks back and forth between Aethalion. "Damascus, are you offering your help?"

He looks off to the North for a few moments, and then back out to sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:05 pm

Aethalion looks Damascus up and down, and lets the matter with Zano goes, knowing that what he says is probably true. "There was a man in the forest here, not from from camp. He was the one that warned us of the attack on the camp. I will not betray more of that, save to say he knows the secrets and lies of the Tower, and his warnings were all too true." The Sea Elf looks at the werewolf with distrust, but a memory returns, "He also mentioned you may be one of few to be trusted."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:20 pm

Datu looks over at the elf. "A man in the forest? What did he look like?"

Waiting for an answer, he looks back towards Damascus waiting to see the werewolf's response.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:27 pm

Aethalion describes the man as best as he can from memory to the dwarf, also waiting to hear what Damascus has to say....
Just scroll back to find the desc

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:22 am

"Malficous," says Damascus, "That is who it sounds like to me." The halfling takes a few steps forward, "And that would be no suprise. Malficous is a Coven. He used to be apart of the Tower, and then, he split from them."

The werewolf scratches his face, "I do not know if you should believe everything he said or not. He is not really, known for his truth, but, as you have found neither is my father." Damascus moves next to a tree and sits down, leaning against it.

"I found a map once," he says, starting to tell a story. "A map of huge lands thousands upon thousands of leagues across. It was as if a fairy tale. I asked my father about it, and it threw him in such a rage. He was so angry with me for snooping in his things he blurted out something I have now long known. The true world, that map, to a degree, as it is, thousands of years old. We, just a tiny speck amongst it. Where on that map exactly, I could not say."

With a pause, Damascus says, "You need that map I am afraid."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:04 pm

"We need that map?" The Sea Elf turns back and walks closer to Damascus, "Perhaps, if the map is genuaine that it might help us find a way to break free of the lands, or atleast give us and idea of where to go if we did. Then again it might be used against the Tower to help bring about its fall, and prove our words true." He looks at the werewolf, "Where is the map now Damascus?"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:05 pm

I think I know what he's going to say...

Datu pulls out his flask, taking a long swing off of it.

When he is done, he holds it out. "Here, ya might want a pull off of this before Damascus answers your question."