The Gambit & The Reckonning

A GURPS Original Fantasy. All theme/storylines © Jason Duff (TetNak).

Run by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:09 pm

Damascus watches Datu, and actually laughs after his words. "You are right. I assume the map still rests in the Tower, and probably with my father's things."

The werewolf shrugs, "But, I cannot be sure, for I have not seen it for years upon years. He could have moved it to one of the other Towers, but I do not believe that likely."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:27 pm

Datu, still holding out the flask nods his head to Damascus.

"Yep. That's what I thought you were going to say."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:31 pm

Aethalion takes the flask and drinks it down, he at once spits it out, "Foul Dwarven Brew..." he fights against the taste and takes another swig, the though of leaving the Tower and striking out on his own is one things, but breaking into one to steal a map, is something else entirely. "Yes, well why don't you find that map for us and meet us some place. Heaven knows I can't go back there without being killed on sight at this point."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:37 pm

"Foul dwarven brew?!?!" Datu seems a bit miffed by this expression.

"Well, if you don't want it, give it back here and don't ruin it by spitting it on the ground!"

When the elf goes back for another swig he grins. "Grows on ya, doesn't it?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:18 am

"Find the map for you?" Damascus shakes his head. "Why should I help you any more than I have?" The werewolf shrugs, "I would certainly put myself in danger by doing such a thing."

There is only silence as Damascus does not say anything else about the map. Simply, he stands and looks around, walking toward the woods. "I am going to take Zanos back to the Tower."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:05 pm

"Yes, this is terrible compared to the Elven stock I am used too, here take it back. It grows on you like a fungus." He tosses the drink back to Datu.

"Point us in the right direction atleast Damascus. You know you must, your own beliefs waver, you know that there is truth that is being hidden from the people of Yeor, a truth that must be found. The people have the right to know it, a right to be free." Aethalion takes a step closer the werewolf, "Help us save this dieing island."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:16 pm

Damascus looks over his shoulder. "I already told you," he answers, shaking his head. "The Tower holds it, and I know not if any other truth exists. I only know that the map does exist, or used to."

He shrugs, turning again, "I leave you to your own paths. Maybe they will met with mine again one day."

The werewolf starts walking, making his way toward the nearby "thicket" woods. "Zanos!" he calls, "Let us go! We have several leagues to travel by foot!"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:44 pm

"Bah!"

Whether that is to the werewolf walking away or the comments about the contents of his flask, Datu does not divulge.

He glances at Aethalion. "Well, this presents a problem. Can't easily be going back to the Tower to find that map now."

He glances around. "I am somewhat interested in what the Thunder Cliffs offer."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Aethalion watches the Werewolf-Halfling leave and turns to Datu. "Well its just you and me old friend. I think first we need to find a place to shelter for the night, and restock our supplies. The Tower should think we are dead, killed in the Crab attack or the wreck of the ship. We will have to travel incogneto, new names, new faces." He turns up the coast where a small village is rumored to be, (I think), "We are truely the Forsaken now my dwarven friend." He muses, "Fire and Water, Fire and Water." He begins to travel thinking of a new traveling name...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:05 pm

Datu nods. "That is, unless Damascus tells the Tower of all of the happenings here."

He moves away from the site of the giant crab attack, heading northwards. "Shelter is a good idea. Let us move away from this area a bit and then inland."