Shadows against the Darkness: Characters

General L5R Information is located here. New products, character designs, basic history and information. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Shadows against the Darkness: Characters

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 pm

I vote Shosuro mainly because perception would help both of us out quite a bit...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Okay so I'll be the Shosuro bodyguard and you'll be the Shugenja?
My expertise will be avoiding fights (either by spotting those who wish to harm us or by using metsubishi or poisons) and being sneaky while you do evil prayers to the kami?
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm

No, not evil, that's a job for the maho-tsukai. But we will be mostly stealth. But please make sure that your character can take a hit because Shosuro Migoto can't...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:05 am

Sucks. My character really can't either.
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I'll take some spell to cover us. I must get to work on her though. There have been like a million things going on.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Okay. I'm starting to get an idea how I want to play my character. His cover identity will be that of a monk (gotta figure out which order) and he'll actually taking this identity more seriously than his shinobi self (I'm thinking mass ranks in shintao and Ascetic!).
Maybe I'll make him kind of scolarly then the Shugenja monk team would be real fun!
My only problem at this point is that I haven't the slughtest idea how to get him to IR 3 with all the advantages I wan to take and the stupid Shinobi school kind of forces me to take (Looking at you Great Potential!).
Big Pimpin...

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Looks like you both are getting some good idears working.

Its cool if things are busy, EM. When do yall think you will be ready to play?

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I have to get this character Finished. And confer with Mackaber some more one the finer details of our history, and family, and stuff like that.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Don't know yet when I'll be finished. Building a Shinobi that is both cool mechanicaly effective and has a decent cover story is pretty tricky.
Also Grim can we use Ancestor Rules?
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Spell List:

Air: Yari of Air#, Symbol of Air#, Gift of the Wind*.

Earth: Rock Storm#*, Way of Earth*.

Fire: The Fury of Osano-Wo#, Hungry Blade.

Universal: Sense#, Commune#, Summon#, Counterspell#, Banish#.

Water: The Path to Inner Peace#, Spirit of Water*.

*=Prayers & Treasures. #= Starting Spell