Shadows against the Darkness: Characters

General L5R Information is located here. New products, character designs, basic history and information. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Shadows against the Darkness: Characters

Post by mackaber » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

EM: Are you planning on casting Hungry Blade on yourself or on me? If you want to cast it on me there might be a problem cause if I choose the monk guise it'll be useless since I won't use metal weapons...
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:13 pm

hmmm... I see your point. Change "Gift of the Wind*" into "The Eye Shall Not See(Air)" And "Hungry Blade" into "Force of Will(Earth)"
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hey EM how can you get Symbol of Air, a mastery level 4 spell as astarting spell?
The eye shall not see is definetly an awesome spell since it makes you just as sneaky as me. Force of Will is sort of useless though since my char is earth 2 so if he get's hit it's all over anyways. Aren't there any more spells that grant you some powers of divination? That would be really handy especially in preparation of Ninja Work.
Also is there any way for you to handle multiple oponents?

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:22 pm

I can get any of the "Symbol of" at rank one because my school grants me one as a starting spell.(Along with counterspell and banish). If your cover is a monk. one thing we can do is you take Kenjutsu and put a fvew ranks in it. And If we get into combat I can cast earthen blade(It would give you a 3k3 Katana) We would have the element of surprise. And you could keep your cover as a monk because whoever saw you use it would be dead... Let me know what you think. as for multiple opponents, Unless you want to be eating fire their are no real spells for that purpose. Some can do it but they don't discriminate between friend and foe.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:41 pm

That symbol is pretty good for a starting spell...
The earthen Blade idea (cool as it is) sadly won't work since I want to attack in my pre combat round already, a good idea to make me more deadly twould be casting imortal steel on my katana though :lol:.
I think I'm prolly gonna have to drop the idea of the monk guise, since I can't really be effective in combat without Kenjutsu. I kind of had to get away from the idea of being only a Ninja and being a good Yojimbo primarily and a Ninja secondarily, since all the sneaky ways of killing people via poison and such aren't all that great (Metsubishi are pretty awesome though).
As to the big boom spells they might work out nicely since I'll be taking the fleet advantage, but then again they are soo Unscorpion that we should be able to do without em.
From a fluff perspective that'll make my character a little more boring, since his primary cover will be what he is, your Yojimbo.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok instead of Earthen Blade I will Take Either Biting Steel or Hungry blade. Giving you either +1k1 damage or +1k0 to attack and all of your dice explode on an 8, 9, or ten. That I will leave up to you...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Same problem with those two spells. By the time you've cast them combat should be over or we're in serious trouble anyways. I'm gonna be all hit and run tactics, so it might be better to find something that helps you get out of tight situations.
Have you given any thought to our brother sister relationship? Who's the elder or are we twins. Also assuming you're the priest and I'm your Yojimbo you'll be the boss, I hope that works with your characer concept?
I can then be bittter and resentful of you because always get your way and everybody loves you while they ignore me (hehe).
Also are you planning on ofending people on a regular basis? If so I better pick up some ranks of iajutsu...
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I was looking a little closer at the Yogo school and realized that they only get one extra spell per level and that they aren't as awesome as I had beleived them to be. Therefore If you want we can switch Our family to Bayushi(for a +1 Agility) Or we can stay the same family and I'll have a +2 in my awareness. Because I'm switching over to the Soshi Shugenja School. My New spell list will be PM'd to you

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Either works for me. But I think a +2 Awarensess is pretty good for you, having an air of 4 is definetly awesome both for your TN and initiative and for social forte.
Big Pimpin...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 pm

So I'm pretty much finished with my Character. Where to submit it though Grimathor?
Big Pimpin...