Thinking about running an L5R game

General L5R Information is located here. New products, character designs, basic history and information. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Thinking about running an L5R game

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Hmm. Yeah shinobi sounds appropriate. Sneaking around and perform disreputable deeds.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Ohhh. I wasn't thinking quite THAT shady but hey why not.
Big Pimpin...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 am

You could even be Spymasters! :) It sounds pretty fun either way. As much as I love the intrigue, I miss the combat heavy times like when V ran and I could be a Ogre (pouting). How about the idea of 20 Goblin Winter and the players are the monsters!?!?!? That would be a twist!!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:36 am

One option, for the Nior, that allows for any clan, or even any caste, is the Kolat. They use everyone and anyone, are corrupt, but aren't, but are, and use hemin as much as samurai, etc.

Ogre Brothers! One was a good cook, the other tasted good.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:03 am

*laugh* Looks like you're getting plenty of feedback for your campaign setting ideas. I'm definitely interested in getting involved as a character. I'm also partial to Crab, although I have branched out occasionally.

Rokugani Noir: Probably shoot for either a Kitsuki investigator working the mean streets. Or perhaps a Yasuki courtier seeing what angle he can make to help out the Crab clan's interests.

20 Goblin Winter: Maybe a Hiruma scout, helping out the new kids trying to make the kill count. Or a Ronin shugenja hoping to join the Clan and finally have real training.

Others: Always wanted to try out a Monk character. Either a classic monk, or perhaps one of the Asako monks. They're pretty darn cool.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:33 pm

My girl friend has been pressing me as of late not to spend as much time online. Since running my own campaign would not help further this goal I'm sort of reluctant at the moment to start up a game. I'll have to see how things work out at home for the next weeks/months before I can think about devoting more time to games.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 am

Boooh! Mine tells me that all the time. Ignore her! ;)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name