House Rules

General L5R Information is located here. New products, character designs, basic history and information. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

House Rules

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue May 31, 2005 12:17 pm

The Medicine Skill in L5R

I originally read this somewhere in the L5R RPG message boards, and it sounded good. I don't know if this is going to be a part of the 3rd edition rules, but from the way it was presented, I don't believe it will be.

A character can roll Intelligence + Medicine at a Difficulty of 15 to heal 1k1 points of wound damage (Difficulty 15). Each Raise taken grants an additional 1k0 to this roll. A character can benefit from this application of the Medicine skill once per day.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: House Rules

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:30 pm

House Rules, Multiple Attacks

You may only make more than one attack if you do not move during the round more than half your movement (A Simple Action) or you are in the Full Attack Posture. (Note Ranged Attacks can not be done in the Full Attack Posture)

In all cases you continue to suffer any penalties, or effects from taking multiple attacks or from the Full Attack Posture.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:41 pm

Reveling in the Taint: 3rd Edition

As the rules stand now reveling in the Taint is, in my opinion, uber powerful with almost no penalties once a character is Lost to the Shadowlands. So I'm instituting a nice House Rule in my games.

Characters can only revel in the taint a number of times per day equal to their Taint Rank. So if you have a Shadowlands Taint Rank of 2, you can revel in the taint 2 times per day, gaining normal boosts and aquiring normal taint ranks.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Found an interesting ruling on horses from Shawn Carman (lead design at AEG). This is now in use in my games.

Horses double their Water Ring when determining movement.

Unicorn horses have 1 rank of Fleet.

Utaku battle steeds have 2 ranks of Fleet.

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 pm

I remember that Way of the Unicorn back in 1E had a rule that Yomanri use had to be done of Full Attack, with none of the bonuses usually given from that posture.