Hello, new girl here.

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Raunchel
Level 0
Level 0

Hello, new girl here.

Post by Raunchel » Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Raunchel and I just signed up to this board. So far, most of my play by post activity has been over on the Giant in the Playground forums, but yesterday Tvrod pointed out these forums to me, and I have to say, it looks very interesting.

Most of my experience is with freeform games, 3.5, Pathfinder, the WFRP system, and the Dark Heresy one, but I'm always open to trying new things. My time tends to be limited, because of my work, but I have some time to post on most weekdays.

I hope to get to play in some interesting games here, and wonder if anyone has any recommendations.
A Game of Fangs, a Warhammer vampire in Westeros

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Hello, new girl here.

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 22, 2015 11:39 am

Welcome. Check out the Master Games List and the Openings & Interest forums. The MGL has hyperlinks to the GM for PMs and to the forum, so you can look over the game. The MGL also says if there's openings, but it may not be 100% accurate, so if something catches your eye, send a PM to the GM to see if there's room.

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Hello, new girl here.

Post by Aegor » Fri May 22, 2015 11:41 am

Welcome!
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Hello, new girl here.

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Welcome, Raunchel!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Hello, new girl here.

Post by Scout89 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Welcome, Raunchel. I'm Tvrod in GitP. I'm glad you came.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Also, just FYI, the site is somewhat slower on Fri-Sun, it picks up again on Mon-Thur. Just the cycle of things, slower on weekends and tad slower on Fridays, then once work week starts back up, then a bit more posting.

Also, it'll probably be even slower today through Tuesday due to the 3-day holiday weekend.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Welcome. Great to have you.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Raunchel
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Raunchel » Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank you all for your welcome.

There also is a little question that I have. Over time I have assembled a cast of characters, some of whom I grew quite attached to and hope to play again in a game some day. Is there any place where I could put their backgrounds, in case someone would be interested in having one of them in a game?
A Game of Fangs, a Warhammer vampire in Westeros

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Raunchel wrote:
There also is a little question that I have. Over time I have assembled a cast of characters, some of whom I grew quite attached to and hope to play again in a game some day. Is there any place where I could put their backgrounds, in case someone would be interested in having one of them in a game?
I think Character Chatter forum in the Workshop forum might be an appropriate place.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewforum.php?f=270

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Welcome aboard, oooh Dark Heresy! We have one of those games running. Glad to see another fresh face on our place. So many new people recently. Shurijo has the right of it, any game you see, you can message the GM even if the MGL doesn't show an opening, you never know. Hope to RP with you soon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring