TOR Player Seeks PbP Game

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:54 pm

A dunlending makes a lot of sense
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:19 pm

A dunlending as Tet suggests, a Dwarf, a Rohir/Man of Rohan, a Breeman, another Hobbit. We could use a Melee fighter (currently Bill's Hobbit is our best Ranged, followed by one of our Rangers). I realized there are no official rules for Dunlendings, Rohan, or Breemen. Hopefully in the next few weeks the Horse Lords book will be released, in which case we WILL have rules for those two races. For a Breeman, you could just create a Lakeman or Barding and change your background.

We haven't had many combats yet, but I expect we are stronger on the combat side and less effective on the Social Encounter side. Basically other than our Hobbit, we are good at Inspiring or "Aweing", but not so much on other social skills (I'm generalizing here and going from memory).

If you like the idea of a PC who is good at Song, we could always use more official "Fellowship" songs, as those not only add a lot to the flavor, but are mechanically very helpful.

If you get a chance to read through the "Prelude" adventure, you will see there are good hooks for us to have a Dunlending PC, a Dwarf PC, or even one the other types I've mentioned (but it's less obvious).

In case it's not clear, when you look at our "Fellowship" sub thread, the only current active players are:
Tet Nak (Aravule, Dunedain)
Blubbo Baggins (Telurin, Mirkwood Elf)
Muskrat (Halleth, Dunedain)
Wbweather (Hartley, Hobbit)
and I think Aegor is active, but has been away (He's playing Aerondil, High Elf of Rivendell).
That makes 2 Rangers, 2 Elves, and a Hobbit.

Hope that info is helpful! Certainly pick whatever inspires you most/sounds most fun to you. My only strong recommendation is don't pick a "ranged only" character, as that will mean in most battles, one or more of our ranged guys will have to (ineffectively) fight in melee.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 pm

We have a few rangers a few elves and a hobbit so a dwarf or a man of rohan or Eriador something like that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Boronind
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Boronind » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:07 am

Thanks for all the good suggestions! I have conferred with Vardaen and as much as I'd like to play a character from one of the cultures featured in the upcoming Horse Lords of Rohan and Adventurer's Companion, after reading a good deal of the campaign, I've settled on a Dwarf of the Lonely Mountains. Now I know dwarves haven't had the best of relations with your company but I think I can reverse the trend with mine (hopefully) He will be a doughty melee fighter with good armour to boot with some decent social skills, though alas Persuade is not one of them. He has lots of heart like his father....stay tuned to the OOC section of the campaign in the Fellowship of the North thread. Looking forward.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:10 am

I think we've smoothed things over with some if the dwarfs that are serving us as laborers and craftsmen
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name