Welcome to the Ferryman

Please keep this forum to OOC posts for this game.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Thanks.

After Tetnak reviews my sheet, I may add a few of those.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:54 am

My character will have some ability in Forensics (definitely), First Aid (almost definitely), and Lockpicking (probably).

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:04 am

Ok - we can start whenever everyone has their finalized versions of their character sheets/concepts to me.

Thanks,

Tet
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:10 am

Somebody please quickly correct me on this if I'm wrong -- but isn't Lexington, KY (as Kentucky Derby) in the Cincinatti metro area?

I know that the Cincinnatti airport is actually across the Ohio River in KY, and I think where it is is Lexington.

Or am I mixing up the states of KY and TN totally??

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:34 am

Almost.

Lexington is about 1 1/2 hours away from downtown Cincinnati, and the Cincinnati airport is in KY, but not in Lexington.

The University of Kentucky is in Lexington as well. Lexington is actually not a very big place. The biggest city in Kentucky is Louisville, which is also about 1 1/2 hours away from Cincinnati. Lexington is straight south, while Louisville is southwest.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:53 am

The reason I brought it up is that my character has some filthy-rich collectors as customers. The horse farm owners could be an attractive alternative for that to, say, Proctor & Gamble execs. No biggie.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:06 am

I'm actually from Kentucky (well.. lived 18 yrs there and the rest else where) and my brother lives in Lexington :)

Tetnak is right about the cities and times. The KY derby is in Louisville. You also have Cleveland which is a bit north of Cin.

I'm finishing up my background, need to flush out the details. I have the outline done. And added a litte more items to my character sheet. I can send it whenever you are ready to start.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:16 am

Columbus is an hour and half north, Cleveland is about three and a half northeast, Toledo three and half northwest, Detroit 4 northwest, Indy 45 minutes west.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:40 am

Actually, Columbus is more east than north of Cincy. Dayton is not too far away, is basically to the north, and houses a large, research-heavy Air Force base.

I used to live in Columbus ... which reminds me that any game set in Ohio is AUTOMATICALLY qualified as being in the horror genre.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:47 am

Dayton is 30 miles away, and, if you east (due east) of Cincinnati you end up in West Virgina. Lived in Cincinnati for 25 years. Columbus is ne of cincinnati. :) 120 miles to be exact.