Questions for the DM

Please keep this forum to OOC posts for this game.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:04 am

Alright. Let me specify.

Simple potions/scrolls you can buy at start.

What you can't buy are things such as +1 Boots of kicking ass, etc.

Minor magical items such as potions and scrolls are cool. Other things, probably not. If you really want something let me know and we can discuss it.

Also, if you have enough cash, you can purchase Masterwork items.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:35 am

Just out of curiosity, why not use the standard "character wealth by level" chart found in the DMG? (page 135 -- though you I always have to check "creating PCs above 1st level" on page 199 to find it) It gives the total cash value of what characters from levels 2-20 should have.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:12 am

I had considered that. In fact, I actually had to edit my post, because it originally said something like, "There's a chart in the DMG for that. Let me check it for you."

Then I looked at it. It seems a bit high for me. Although I understand the rational. If it were not for level adjustments of races used in Planar campaigns I would have everyone starting at first level.

5,400 is quite a bit a cash, and, a character could basically have any type of mundane equipment imaginable with that amount of gold.

I'll tell everyone what. Start with 1,000 gold, and in addition, take your 1st level average and multiply it by 4. That would be, in Fencer's case, 1,500 gold.

The reason I do not want everyone having major magical (major for 4th level) at the beginning of the game has something to do with plot. Don't worry, once the game starts everyone will understand a bit more about what I am talking about.

Tet

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:17 am

Good enough for me.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:26 am

Nice avatar!

Any idea on what type of character you're going to play yet, Rokku?

And, everyone else, I would like your basic ideas, even if it is something like, either race A, race B, class A, class B, etc, by Wednesday of next week.

Probably, I will ask for full characters by Monday of the following week, and if all goes well, we'll start play by mid that week at the latest.

Tet

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:50 am

I'm still horribly indecisive. Druid, Bard, Ranger, Wu Jen... I dunno. Whatever role ends up needing to be filled!

WANNA_bee
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WANNA_bee » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:58 pm

The Mercykillers, a.k.a The Red Death is a faction presented in the PC game.
I don't know if they indeed exist in the actual multiverse, since I'm not familiar with Planescape as I've said before. Though, they are a pretty cool faction and perfect for my background story!
Will you allow it? Please? Pretty please? Please with a sugar on top? :(
And monkeys want it too!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:36 pm

Lots of new faces in this game. Awesome!

I'm going to play a Githzerai Soulblade, From the Order of Dak'kon's Blade. A monastic order founded by the famous Gith Dak'kon after his adventures with The Nameless One. Much of this order is unknown to planar's, even among the Gith themselves. The central belief system is focused around the Circle of Zerthimon, a strange artifact which even less is known about than the Order.

"There can not be two skys." - Dak'kon
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:01 am

If you want to play a faction that's not listed you'll have to actually tell me about the faction... then I can decide, it should be fine.

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:16 am

In one of the links there was something about the Sons of Mercy and some other faction joining to make the Mercykillers, then later splitting up again. Or maybe it's the other way around ...