Official Q'Barra, Eberron OOC

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Official Q'Barra, Eberron OOC

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:40 am

Well my guy comes from the Hoarfrost mountains to the NE - a member of clan Soranath.

My guy has the Ancestral Knowledge feat so perhaps somewhere in our past we had some relatives that knew one another...perhaps your uncle was the aforementioned articifer and my father/uncle the smith that aided him with his creations - yourself pursuing the stereotypical class of that of a trickster/illusionist.

Im game with whatever you want to work up...perhaps our ancestors worked well together and by some quirk of fate we have met up and bonded - vowing to see if history will repeat itself.

This being said, you can help me flesh out the rest - just know Im game in establishing an existing bond between characters.

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Official Q'Barra, Eberron OOC

Post by mountainviking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Maybe, Corwick was an assistant to a gnome ambassador who was keeping tabs on what the dwarves were up to during the war. Afterwards, the two of you traveled to Q'Barra together, seeking a simpler life with more time to enjoy their own pursuits, tired of the machinations and manipulations of the rest of the world...?? Just a thought;)

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Action point recap??/marching order??

Post by mountainviking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:47 pm

For any who haven't played Eberron before, there are Action Points...here is a Recap:

You can spend an action point to improve the result of an attack roll, saving throw, or a skill, ability, or level check.

Spending an action point gives you +d6 to your original roll. (*Anneke has the Action Boost feat, so she gets +d8!*)

You can declare to use an action point after rolling your d20, but only before knowing the result.

You can only spend action point(s) once per round. If it is used for a different feat, ability etc it is still the only one your character can use for that round.

You cannot spend an action point while 'œtaking 10,' or 'œtaking 20.'

At first level you have 5 APTs. At each new level you receive 5 + one half your character level, round down. Unspent APTs from the previous level are lost. (*Entering 5th level you all have 7 points!!*)

You can also use action points for a few other options without any further feats/training. You can spend 1 APT to stabilize if you are dying. You can spend 2 APTs to gain another daily use of certain class features: Bardic Music, Rage, Smite, Stun, Turn, or Wildshape.

Since we're in a PBP game, it will sometimes be harder to declare using an APT'¦unless you declare it up front, with your action post, I was thinking we could adapt a general policy for each character, so I have an idea of how you want them spent. Here are some of the options I came up with:

Use '˜em up!
Save '˜em for saves
Any Life/Death
Only if I ask

As for marching order, for now, it kind of seems to be coming together in the IC thread (more there soon)'¦I just had a few comments:

Anneke, as the rogue, is your best scout, but can't be up there alone, she doesn't have the skills or health to go toe to toe. Agamagan and Xerxes are the obvious choices up front, due to their focus on melee combat (although having the soulknife in the back is a good idea otherwise.) Jorund makes sense next, so he can be involved as quickly as possible, and the gnome's similar speed makes him a good partner with the dwarf not to mention, keeping some protection close by;) So, perhaps, Kalagar is a good option to bring up the rear'¦he can use the extra time to cast his boost spells, while slowly moving forward'¦?
So, I guess it might normally go like this, with Anneke moving around the group as needed, but hanging toward the mid-back most often?

Agamagan
Xerxes
Jorund
Corwick
Kalagar

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Action point recap??/marching order??

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:05 pm

A very sound and well-versed compilation my good friend. I'm all for it.

Now if you'll excuse me...I have three bodies left to bury.../wink

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 pm

I'll chime in here with Action Points since I'm running the other game. I've found that its always a good idea for the DM to use one if its Life or Death with a save or something if the players doesn't have a inkling that he's about to make a roll. Otherwise I've found players declare their use in their post along the lines of

"If I roll over 15 use an AP." Or once the figure out the AC of a monster or something through previous combat rounds "Use Action Point if I miss an AC 18 by 3 points or less"

These seem to work. However APs in PbP work best with additional ability uses, and Artificer Infusion Casting Time since there is no guess work.

A House Rule I started useing, and you might like it is: 2 Action Points for an addtional Shifter Shift. It is smiliar to Rage so it makes sense.

Anyhow, those are my Two Galifars.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:13 am

Yeah, that definitely makes sense, nobody wants to die :lol:

I see no reason why a shifter couldn't have an extra shift for the 2 points as well.

And, I failed to mention the other use, of an artificer completing an infusion in a full round that normally has a longer casting time, with the use of 1 AP.

And, both of those other examples are good ideas too.

Thanks V!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Is the Mystery's of Q'bara still being played?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring